SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Rodney Howard-Brown movement early 1990s

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Over the years I have disagreed with other brothers and sisters on SI on much deeper matters of doctrine... and I dont think I ever considered them to be "religious" or "pharisees".

I considered them "wrong", but thats ok. Actually in some instances as I grew in the Lord I realized that they were not wrong... I was.

Krispy

2011/9/30 15:51
sarahsdream

Re:

I learned a long time ago to just be patient and wait. A ministry will either exhibit good fruit or rotten fruit. Let the Lord deal with them.

For some things we won't know till eternity.

If we try pulling up the weeds, we risk ruining some of the good wheat.

He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?

But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.

Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn. Mat 13:28-30

2011/9/30 19:27Profile
Pandarus

Queensland, Australia

Re:

I watched that link. It makes me feel sorry for the man (Howard-Browne) that he could be so lost. If he's discovered the truth since this judgement-on-the-church passed through, then I'm sure he'd feel shattered.

I have been judging and condemning men like this. Perhaps I should feel for them and pray for them instead. I need to repent of this. Thanks for sharing!

2011/10/1 8:50Profile

Re:

Alright, all you religious and self-righteous types on this board just didn't get it then. I thank the Lord that I received this special anointing. No, it didn't change my life, but it did just confirm to me how wonderful a place heaven is going to be. Sorry all you stuffed shirts didn't get it, but you were afraid you would look silly--I know. I was the same way. Oh well.... It's no big deal really. I mean look how well you're doing and how tough the going is for me right now.

2011/10/1 11:34

Re:

Pandarus, you do indeed. The types of judgments you're making have a way of coming back on your own head--even in your little gold coast town there.

2011/10/1 11:40
Renoncer

Re:

Endzone,

You said, "Alright, all you religious and self-righteous types on this board just didn't get it then. I thank the Lord that I received this special anointing. No, it didn't change my life, but it did just confirm to me how wonderful a place heaven is going to be. Sorry all you stuffed shirts didn't get it, but you were afraid you would look silly--I know. I was the same way. Oh well...."

I am very saddened by that comment. There is no love in it. It seems rather proud and boastful, although I honestly don't see what there is to be proud about. Endzone, if you think you are right, you shouldn't have to call names and spit at people. You should be able to defend your position from God's Word, provided God is really on your side.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
(1 Corinthians 13:4-6)

Please reconsider your sinful attitude, whether you are right about Browne or not. Regardless of who's right, you are sinning. You must repent. I tell you this in love.

Now, I have more that I would like to share with you, but I need to know that you are actually willing to hear. Otherwise, it would be like casting pearls at swine.
I beg you, in love and grace, can you please listen? Let me know what your decision is.

In Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/10/1 11:56Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
I thank the Lord that I received this special anointing.

Quote:
No, it didn't change my life,

I don't see how these two statements are compatible to be honest.

2011/10/1 12:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
Endzone,

You said, "Alright, all you religious and self-righteous types on this board just didn't get it then. I thank the Lord that I received this special anointing. No, it didn't change my life, but it did just confirm to me how wonderful a place heaven is going to be. Sorry all you stuffed shirts didn't get it, but you were afraid you would look silly--I know. I was the same way. Oh well...."

I am very saddened by that comment. There is no love in it. It seems rather proud and boastful, although I honestly don't see what there is to be proud about. Endzone, if you think you are right, you shouldn't have to call names and spit at people. You should be able to defend your position from God's Word, provided God is really on your side.

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
(1 Corinthians 13:4-6)

Please reconsider your sinful attitude, whether you are right about Browne or not. Regardless of who's right, you are sinning. You must repent. I tell you this in love.

Now, I have more that I would like to share with you, but I need to know that you are actually willing to hear. Otherwise, it would be like casting pearls at swine.
I beg you, in love and grace, can you please listen? Let me know what your decision is.

In Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

Come on brother, it's not that big of a deal is it? I'm just trying to lighten the mood a little bit, because so many people on this board take themselves way way way too seriously IMHO. Is it really that big of a deal? I'm glad I got the answer to my question. Nobody on Sermon Index got the Holy Spirit touch of joy under RHBs ministry. I know we don't like to come to Jesus as little children. It's hard for me too. Thanks, but it really isn't that big of a deal IMHO. There are a lot tougher things in life to deal with. This isn't really even a problem. Like I told Appolous, if you think it was from Satan, that's fine with me. If I think it was from the Holy Spirit I hope that is OK with you. Why don't we just agree to disagree? Look outside, it's a beautiful day, and I thank the Lord that He has everything under control. Thanks.

2011/10/1 19:22
Renoncer

Re:

Endzone,

Actually, I do think this is a serious matter. This is about the eternal destiny of men and women's souls.

Do you believe in a personal devil and what the Bible says about the devil prowling around looking for whomever he might devour? Do you believe what the Bible says about wolves in sheep's clothing, false prophets/teachers, and how they will lead many people to hell who think they are following God?

I believe what God says, and I see the destruction these people cause day after day. Countless people will go to hell because of them. Out of love for the eternal souls of men, I must at least try to snatch them from the fire. Jude 1:23 - "Save others by snatching them out of the fire."

If this was just about doctrine or the law, I wouldn't make so much of it. But, this one is serious. So many people are blinded and are on their way to eternal torment. Because of these false prophets, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, even among those who think they are saved. (Matthew 7:15-23) There will be no end to their pain and suffering. Out of love for them, I cannot just sit back and look at the carnage.

Would you let a friend drive up to see you if you knew that a category 5 hurricane was on the way, or would you warn him to find cover until the storm has passed by? Well, there is a much fiercer storm ahead. It would be irresponsible and unloving of me to be silent, out of complacency.

This is not a game. This is about eternal life, and eternal death.

I have more to say, but until you are willing to hear, it is pointless for me to say anything. In love and mercy, I beg you to reconsider. Please let me know if you decide that you want to hear.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2011/10/1 21:18Profile

Re:

Quote:
Endzone,

Actually, I do think this is a serious matter. This is about the eternal destiny of men and women's souls.

Do you believe in a personal devil and what the Bible says about the devil prowling around looking for whomever he might devour? Do you believe what the Bible says about wolves in sheep's clothing, false prophets/teachers, and how they will lead many people to hell who think they are following God?

I believe what God says, and I see the destruction these people cause day after day. Countless people will go to hell because of them. Out of love for the eternal souls of men, I must at least try to snatch them from the fire. Jude 1:23 - "Save others by snatching them out of the fire."

If this was just about doctrine or the law, I wouldn't make so much of it. But, this one is serious. So many people are blinded and are on their way to eternal torment. Because of these false prophets, there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, even among those who think they are saved. (Matthew 7:15-23) There will be no end to their pain and suffering. Out of love for them, I cannot just sit back and look at the carnage.

Would you let a friend drive up to see you if you knew that a category 5 hurricane was on the way, or would you warn him to find cover until the storm has passed by? Well, there is a much fiercer storm ahead. It would be irresponsible and unloving of me to be silent, out of complacency.

This is not a game. This is about eternal life, and eternal death.

I have more to say, but until you are willing to hear, it is pointless for me to say anything. In love and mercy, I beg you to reconsider. Please let me know if you decide that you want to hear.

Love in Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

Renoncer, I don't think whether you got the "touch" at the RHB meetings or didn't, is going to determine your eternal destiny. A lot of posters on here said they thought it was crazy, and they didn't want anything to do with it. OK, that's fine, did they lose their salvation because of it?

Some people including jimp's pastor got the "touch". They made the mistake of trying to make a movement out of this experience, but did they lose their salvation because of that? Of course not. And to use a example from KK's doctrine, there isn't anything in the Bible that says if you go to a RHB meeting in the 1990s, you will lose your salvation, so since it isn't in the Bible I wouldn't worry about it.

To suggest that brothers that went to a RHB meeting and got the "touch" are going to hell is just beyond ridiculous.

Have you considered that you and others may be dangerously close to blaspheme against the HOly Spirit by lashing out at this man's ministry? To lash out at RHB and say, "This guy is posssed by Satan, and that is how he is able to deceive people and persuade people to do crazy things" is a dangerous judgment IMHO. If you were to say, "I'm not convinced that he was doing it by the power of the Holy Spirit and it isn't for me" would be a much safer thing to say--wouldn't it?

2011/10/2 0:16

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy