SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Others who later became mighty warriors for God spoke the same lingo.

Jud 6:12 And the angel of the LORD appeared unto him, and said unto him, The LORD is with thee, thou mighty man of valour.
Jud 6:13 And Gideon said unto him, Oh my Lord, if the LORD be with us, why then is all this befallen us? and where be all his miracles which our fathers told us of, saying, Did not the LORD bring us up from Egypt? but now the LORD hath forsaken us, and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites.
Jud 6:14 And the LORD looked upon him, and said, Go in this thy might, and thou shalt save Israel from the hand of the Midianites: have not I sent thee?

2011/9/10 16:53Profile
mattandliz

Re:

Dear Codek,
It's true that all of these scriptures indicate that God is the one who saves. However I cant seem to find one example in the entire bible of someone crying out to God and not being saved. If you're in the wilderness dont be discouraged over two years because the children of Israel where there for fourty years. I have many friends that are in the same situation crying out to God but He has not answered. There sin is evident to everyone around them except themselves. Yet they wonder why God is silent. You might want to read 1st corinthians 10 and pray and meditate on those things found dealing with why the children of Israel died in the wilderness. Ask the Lord to search your heart. Isaiah 59:1 (NIV) Surely the arm of the LORD is not too short
to save, nor his ear too dull to hear.
Isaiah 59:2 (NIV) But your iniquities have separated you from
your God; your sins have hidden his face from you, so that he will
not hear.

Isaiah 59:1 Listen! The LORD is not too weak to save you,
and he is not becoming deaf. He can hear you when you call.
Isaiah 59:2 But there is a problem--your sins have cut you
off from God. Because of your sin, he has turned away and will not
listen anymore.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Your Brother,
Matt

2011/9/10 18:24Profile
jimp

Re:

do not let satan trick u into believing all the lies on the net. God put the cookies on the bottom shelf so that anyone can be saved. Jesus said I come NOT to condemn the world but that the world can be saved through Me.when you see a door and it says enter you go in and turn around and the sign says exit.Jesus is the door,and all you need to do is open your heart to Him and the spirit will birth you into the kingdom.it is all about Him and His grace and not about you and your performance.that is why it is called good news(gospel).

2011/9/10 19:27Profile
madmatg

asia

Re:

Love, serve, adore God because He is worthy, whether we go to Heaven or Hell at the end. You cannot do these things without being saved because THIS is the reason we are saved so that we can do these things.

Trust in God and He will do what glorifies Him this is all we can ask

2011/9/10 20:07Profile

Re:

mattandliz

what sin did Job commit for God to be silent to him?

2011/9/10 20:33
Lkid

Re:

Codek,

please just patiently and consistently continue reading your bible, believing what is written. That is God speaking to you. If you have believed on the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour then you have the Holy Spirit in you to enlighten those scriptures to you and to bring them to remembrance in certain situations. We need nothing more than this for a life of victory. 2 Peter 1:3 "as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue"

I am not implying that I am perfect or am even close, but this is the promise to you and me and all in Christ Jesus.

Lloyd

2011/9/10 20:58Profile

Re:

Thanks Lloyd, that is a very informative post and you are absolutely right about twayneb's post. It is full of wisdom. I only wish someone told me that two years ago. I wouldn't been in this situation if someone had told me. But then again I needed to be this desperate to seek God, and now I know what it feels like to be truly desperate so maybe this is God's timing.

I'm not familiar with the story of the children of Israel because my bible knowledge is weak. I will be redoing how I go about doing my bible reading and will make an attempt at being a berean.

Let me know if you have any other passages from the bible that might help me in my current situation.

Thanks again.

2011/9/10 21:00
Lkid

Re:

Not so much other passages to read, but a suggestion for reading the word.
Get a notebook and take notes on stuff that sticks out to you. Don't force anything, just what jumps out of the text. I've been journalling for a little while and some days I get something big, application for my life, other times its just the text and it doesn't seem to "speak" to me, but later, when i recall it in a particular situation it makes sense. Journalling helps you remember by using another method of learning (writing) and the bonus of going back when something comes up in your life and you can find that nugget of good application you got months ago.

I'm trying something I haven't done before which is to read OT in morning, NT in evening and a Psalm or Proverb somewhere in between. I'm a busy man with four kids so not everyday gets all those done, but it keeps balance in reading, so you don't get bogged down with some heavy OT passages.
Another trick is to go to blueletterbible.org and print out a chapter of the bible and take it with you through your day, that way, when you are in the line up at the till at the grocery store you can think about the word (and not what is on the cover of the National Enquirer!).

Lloyd

2011/9/10 21:55Profile
rorichts

Central Iowa

Re: "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God."

My I suggest buying the Bible on CD (35$s-89$s depending on where you shop) and playing it in the house, in your vehicle, or portable.

I play the same one over and over and then move on to another. Or have one in the vehicle and another in a player where-ever I'm at house, shop, or just outside doing something.
"Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the Word of God."
One can get hours a day of being in God's Word.

2011/9/11 9:36Profile

Re:

"I'm not familiar with the story of the children of Israel because my bible knowledge is weak".

Before the reformation there were hardly any bibles in circulation, worse before the printing press was invented the only way for the common folk to hear the word of God is when the priests of the Catholic order would read some hem of scriptures. It's a sad state of affairs for anyone to be without reading and hearing the word of God.

One of the mysteries concerning the word of God is that we are not commissioned to interpret the word of God. We are to read, meditate on it (which means that you think about what you read allow it to roll around in your mind) and the Holy Spirit will bring interpretation, enlightenment and best of all understanding. It's better if we let the Holy Spirit reveal lest we obtain a head knowledge of information that isn't anywhere near of setting the captive free.

Whenever your reading the bible and something jumps out at you, usually your spiritual eyes have latched on to something that the Holy Spirit wants to show you. Keep reading the bible especially the New Testament and don't worry about not understanding it, the understanding will come as you seek Him, THAT my brother is a promise.

"He that continually seeks, will find"

"He that continually knocks, that door will open"

"He that continually asks, they will obtain".

Even if you have to say a thousand times, "Jesus save me". Do it!

I've been where you have been and know what your going through. I've doubted the whole thing before and threw up my arms in frustration. When I started to seek Him regardless of what I thought, things started to open up to me. God is faithful, but we have to play by His rules.

As for my last post, I was harsh yes, because that is what I got from elder believers when I told them that God wasn't faithful. They came down on me, and I am thankful for their correction but they didn't leave me wallowing in torment, they picked me up and helped me along.

God Bless you in your search.

2011/9/11 10:31

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy