SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

http://tinyurl.com/BeStillSong

BE STILL
by Scott Wesley Brown
Performed by Angie Lewis

Verse 1
I want to hear you speak to me
The words I'm longing for.
'Cause sitting here in silence
Makes me cry.

I'm learning how to wait for you
And trust you with my life.
Your answers come so slowly, Lord,
Yet they always come on time.

Chorus
'Cause you hear me
Every breath I take.
You see me
Every move I make.
And you tell me to be still
And know that you are God.

Verse 2
Sometimes, my Lord, I wish that I
Could look into your eyes
Or feel you hold me in your arms
So tight.

'Cause I am weary running
For the answers that I seek
I need the comfort of your love
The stillness of your peace.

Repeat Chorus
'Cause you hear me
Every breath I take.
You see me
Every move I make.
And you tell me to be still
And know that you are God.

Click here to hear the song:
http://tinyurl.com/BeStillSong

2011/9/8 19:59Profile
Lkid

Re:

Hi

Wow, you really misunderstood me on my last post Codek. But apology accepted from the subsequent post. I'm sorry if I am insensitive to your situation. I don't know your situation and can't know it unless I ask questions, and those questions have to be direct or we're wasting time here.

My point was that Paul and Silas trusted God and rejoiced in their suffering because they knew they were in His will so the suffering was for His name's sake and according to His will. But that we can also suffer because we are sinning, and plenty of people think they are suffering for God when its just God disciplining them as a loving Father. That's what I was trying to say.

The other thing I was trying to say was that Jesus Himself tells us that the parable of the sower is the key to understanding the other parables. How your heart is toward God's word will determine how it goes into your heart and produces fruit.

Given: some passages are difficult and must be considered for some time to get them, some must be weighed against other passages to get the context of the whole word. Some we may never get this side of eternity, but for the most part if we diligently seek Him in His word He will show Himself to us. Just keep up the reading and meditating (considering) of His word.

I'm sorry you are in the state you are in. If you are God's child through faith then, although you may feel lost and without understanding and don't know Him well, He knows you and is watching over you and keeping you through this time. God holds onto us more than we do Him.
Psalm 37:23
23 The steps of a man are established by the LORD,
And He delights in his way.
24 When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong,
Because the LORD is the One who holds his hand.

If you haven't trusted in Jesus as your Saviour and Lord then I pray you would do so. You say you fear God, that's good.

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, but fools despise wisdom and knowledge.
the name of the Lord is a strong tower, the righteous run into it and is safe. you run from the wrath of God's hatred of sin, but where can we go from His presence. the only place to run to is to Him, for forgiveness and cleansing. Run into the name of Jesus and be safe. You may have done this already, but I don't know.

Many people in other parts of the world have way less information about God than you show yourself to know here on this forum but are at peace because they have trusted in Him as far as they have read or heard about Him. Trust in the Lord that you have read about in the Word with all your heart Codek I pray!

Lloyd

2011/9/8 20:16Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i respond as a calvinist for 47 years, this is a dumb question for the bible surely says that WHOSOEVER that call upon the name of the Lord will be saved. are you a whosoever? who is not a whosoever and who knows?jimp

2011/9/8 20:17Profile

Re:

I remember when I was 23, I was basically saying the same things to God that you are saying codek, and I was mad. I was walking down University Avenue in Ft. Worth and I was mad at God and said I had done everything required of me to do. Then the Lord showed me a vision. It was one of only 2 that I've had in my life. It was a huge man (couldn't see his face) and I was a little child trying to crawl up into his lap. I didn't immediately understand it, but a couple days later I understood it perfectly. Jesus wanted me to come to Him as a little child. Yes, a trusting little child. This has been very hard for me to do for all my life. Eventually the Holy Spirit came into my life in a very strong way--with comfort, guidance and revelation and with intercessory prayer for other Christians.

2011/9/8 23:40
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: No Matter How Much you Pray, Repent, Plead, Obey If God Doesn't Choose You,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzR_LvCQ2CM

2011/9/9 0:58Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Renew a right spirit within me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BeO-iCqxvI

2011/9/9 1:01Profile

Re: Renew a right spirit within me...

2011/9/10 4:56

Re: STOP CALLING GOD A LIAR!

Reading the first post is a bunch of hogwash. I never read (well,I have) such trash.

Your accusing God of not being faithful.

Your accusing God of being a liar.

Your accusing God of being a promise breaker.

Your accusing Him of not following through.

What is that your expecting Him to do, fall out of the sky and physically lift you up out of the miry pit?

Where is your Faith?

Faith is the substance of things hoped for the EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN.

If your expecting to see something with your natural understanding, good luck, we all have been down that road and it's a walk of faith, not sight.

God is not looking to send anyone to hell readily.

His promise is that He is NOT willing that anyone should die. NOT WILLING. But if you continue to press on in your own way and sin, yes you will end up there, but God won't be the one that is sending you there.

"The wages of sin is death".

God has a way of an escape by trusting in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Do you know what that means?

Trusting is stopping whatever it is your doing to obtain His favour and looking up to God saying, "I believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and He has done all the work for me in obtaining favour with You Father and now I am going to spend the rest of my life loving you and thanking you for what I could not do".

Now if your looking for some overwhelming feeling most likely you won't get it. God is the object of our salvation, not feelings. Oh it would be nice to have some supernatural experience to confirm our salvation, some actually get it like the Apostle Paul, but some do not.

But Jesus tells us that "blessed are those that have NOT seen". You and I are blessed. I'd rather be blessed then to just have a one time feeling of being confirmed, wouldn't you?

It's a walk of faith.

There maybe moments in this walk of faith that there will be times of feeling, times of emotion. But if your looking for it, you will never obtain it until you learn that this walk is a walk of Faith and trusting that God is there even when everything looks bleak and dark, God is there.

He will never refuse a soul that cries unto Him for He has promised that they that call upon the name of the Lord, they will be saved.

STOP CALLING GOD A LIAR!

2011/9/10 9:42
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Looking through this thread put tears in my eyes, but at the same time, it thrilled my heart. Saints, we are seeing the making of the next greatly used of God vessel of honor. It always happens this way. Many of the most greatly used of God men of God down through the centuries (like John Bunyan) have been those who dragged the deepest depths of despair in their quest for a relationship with God. In the process (as is happening in this thread) other saints get concerned, and send up intercession to God's throne, and then suddenly there is born a new vessel of honor used greatly in God's kingdom.

Psa 40:1 To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
Psa 40:2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
Psa 40:3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
Psa 40:4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.
Psa 40:5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.
Psa 40:6 Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.
Psa 40:7 Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Psa 40:8 I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.

LOOK OUT WORLD! HERE COMES CODEK!

Please be sure to inform us here on the forum when God brings about the completion of His work. Before any birth there is struggle and complication, but the end result is always a miracle!

2011/9/10 13:17Profile
Lkid

Re:

I agree with Approved, though not his tone. Codek, think of the Israelites at the Red Sea, BEFORE they crossed over. What were they singing? Nothing! they were crying out to Moses saying "Weren't there enough graves in Egypt that you had to bring us out here to die" They only saw Pharoahs army coming one way and the impassable sea the other. And their faith and hope sank.

After God miraculously delivered them they stood on the far side jumping around, dancing and praising God. Two impossibilities were accomplished, Pharoahs army was crushed and the sea had opened before them to walk through.
Much to praise God for behid them and ahead.

But they should have been singing that song on the other side of the sea, when they were in that tight spot, knowing that if God had called them out of Egypt, surely He would care for them. And He will take care of you if you are His son, having called you out of this world into His kingdom.

Remember God wouldn't take them up by the Philistines in case they got scared and returned to Egypt. His plan and route were correct though it looked scary to the Israelites. And many more tests of their faith lay ahead of them, but the bible tells us sadly that they continually failed because the word of God wasn't mixed with faith (Heb 3). Had they moved ahead by faith the bible's account would have been one of a nation moving through the desert singing one long continous song and entering the promised land much sooner but not so, and not so in our lives too when we doubt God because of a fearful situation around us.

But God has a plan for His children which includes testing our faith to prove "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ: (1 Pet 1).

On a practical level to do with your work situation and what you posted in the cost you everything thread, what twayneb said in the first response to your initial post is wisdom I believe. Give away everything as a heart attitude and set your treasure in heaven. Then, through prayer and rightly dividing the word, give as you are led.

I pray that God will give you vision of His goodness and grace in the midst of this trial.

Lloyd

2011/9/10 15:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy