SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

2011/9/15 17:06

Re:

"There is probably differing views on this I'm guessing, but salvation is clearly a free gift, no cost. Sanctification and discipleship are not, and cost you your life."

I agree with you but it's still confusing because you have guys like Paul Washer(who I respect) who really put an emphasis on testing your salvation. If you read 1 John and other books of the NT, they go into testing your assurance of salvation. It doesn't sound like a free gift there.

Discipleship and salvation go hand in hand, how can you be saved and not be a disciple?

It also isn't simple because how can a loving God who wants me to saved SEND NO ONE IN MY REAL LIFE THAT IS ACTUALLY SAVED. It's like a parent who wants you to play in the NBA and he sends you to soccer camp.

2011/9/15 17:18

No one can balme God for being in hell

It will be impossible to blame God for anyone going to hell.

GOD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for anyone going to hell.

2011/9/15 17:21

Re: No one can balme God for being in hell

tuc, I understand where you are coming from. If it was that easy, these threads would have ended YEARS ago.

If I don't understand that saying, you can't just beat it into me. And I have gotten maybe 100 posts like that in this forum for all my threads and I rather you not say anything then post either one sentence answers or answers that don't look at my situation.

This thread would be cut down by 75% if we could get rid of those posts.

2011/9/15 17:34
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Codex-

Well I actually went through the 14 pages of posts here. I am waiting for some food to finish cooking and had the time.

It certainly seems you have a fair share of "Jobs Comforters" and other folks who have all the answers for someone elses life throwing in their 2 cents.
A couple of folks might be better served to take their own advice as opposed to shoving it out to someone else-IMHO. ;-)
I also saw a few very judicious and well thought out posts.

Codex, your "problem" is a simple one that many people deal with that are seeking after God. You aren't unique or alone in how you feel. There are a couple of things that I can see from your posts that would be helpful to you in my opinion.

However, let me begin here , cut through the clutter and slice to the very heart of the matter-

Codex-EXACTLY WHY do you think or feel you are "unsaved". I read your other posts but try to reduce those thoughts to a one sentence line, or lines if there is more than one reason.

Trust me, this is the road out of the turmoil going on in your mind and heart.

Blessings and I look forward to your thoughts.

Solomon101

2011/9/15 17:51Profile

Re:

Thank you for your concern Solomon101.

About your question, it's just not an easy answer. I'm going to try to give you an introductory answer. There is alot to why I don't believe I'm saved. It goes beyond that I'm beginning to question if Christianity is even legit. It

Bottomline is, there is just so much about scripture and doctrine that i don't see in real life even among saved christians.

I've had faith in God. Originally when I thought I was originally converted, I thought I had great faith back in high school. I tried to really love God and his people. I had a heart for people. I hung out with the outcasts of society and even a guy who had down syndrome. I was 15, he was thirty something. I endured some hardship because of this. Some of my friends were saying. "whats wrong with you. don't bring them around here(mind you, we all went to the same church)" I didn't hang out with all the outcasts I could find but I did from time to time because that's what a christian does because that's what Jesus did. I tried.

He commands us to think about others before we thought about ourselves. Seriously after maybe a decade of doing this, I got sick and tired of it all because I realize NO ONE REALLY DOES THIS. No one ever puts others before themselves and I'm not saying you gotta do it all the time. I don't even see it rarely. Friendships like Johnathan/David, forget it.

Now I'm in a position of need as I lost pretty much everything on purpose. I'm not going to have a car to drive in a month or so, I won't be able to make the payments if some miracles don't happen. I have an over 780 credit score that's going to go under in the next months because most likely I will have to file bankruptcy. I felt that God really wanted me to trust him(I lost my job 2 years ago) and not go the conventional route. Maybe it wasn't God that told me this, it could've been Satan, God, or me. Now I'm in a ridiculously horrible situation. It's a meaningful situation because I really learned about the heart of men. NO ONE IS WILLING TO REALLY HELP ME LOOK FOR A JOB, OR ANYTHING. While I dished out love for people, NO ONE TOOK A STAND FOR ME. That broke my heart. Very few did something. Some of these guys are suppose to be hardcore christians(I'm not so sure).

So I'm frustrated and confused because God won't answer me. I'm not talking about worldly prayer requests. Just tell me who he is? Does he really care? What he wants me to do? Anything. All I get is silence. I don't know who He is.

The christians in my life don't love me like they love themselves. In fact, it's just like the world.

Now I'm royally screwed and I have a feeling God is not going to come through cause He never has and I took a big gamble, I went all in with the worst cards because that's what i GENUINELY thought GOD was telling me to do.

I don't trust God. From All I've seen of God and christians, it doesn't line up to the bible at all.

So that's why it's almost impossible to believe. Show me someone that suffered like Jesus, loved like Jesus.

2011/9/15 18:31
jimp

Re:

hi code,study covenant...Jesus cut a covenant as very God and very man,for God and man.i am tired ofpeople not realizing that we are under a new a better covenant.study jonathan and david and mephibosheth. if anyone could perform to the expected level of salvation requirements we would not need a redeemer.jimp

2011/9/15 18:48Profile
Solomon101

America's Flyover Country

Re:

Hey Codex-

I don't want to put words in your mouth or influence your responses. Therefor the following is true AS I UNDERSTAND your responses. Feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood.

You doubt you are saved because-

1. The lifestyle you see other people living that profess to be Christians does not match what you read the scripture saying it should be. (That is the gist in 8 of your 10 paragraphs as I read it).

2. You are unable to sense God speaking to you.

It is because of these two things that you doubt God will come through for you or that Christianity may even be legit. That means from your input the two reasons you are struggling so boil down to-

1.The lifestyle you see other people living that profess to be Christians does not match what you read the scripture saying it should be.
2. You are unable to sense God speaking to you.

I don't see anything else in your responses. I am sure you could give more examples..and you have given several already. However, they all are a direct result of one of the two sentences I boiled your answers down to.

Do you agree with me on that or do I miss part of your feelings on this?

Blessings,

Solomon101

ps- believe it or not you really are in a good place at this point. I know it does not seem like it... but one day it will.

2011/9/15 18:48Profile
Lkid

Re:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus
Look full in His wonderful face
And the things of the world will grow strangly dim
In the light of His glory and grace.

You are doubting God because of your circumstances. Its very simple Codek. When Peter took his eyes off Jesus he sank, but he cried out to Jesus and He reached out His hand and pulled him up. We get our eyes off the Lord and into trouble and cry out to Him and He lifts us up. But He does it on His time. To everything [there is] a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: God has a purpose for you in this season of life and its for your good if you trust in Him.

But I don't know that He will help you through me or anyone else here on this thread because you are hard hearted. You've come here to vent, not to receive counsel it appears.

Its apparent to others here but not yourself. The pain you are going through is real I don't doubt and I'm sorry you are going through it, but until you humble yourself and accept from God's hand even this, then how can anyone help you.

Lloyd

2011/9/15 20:05Profile
a-servant

Re:

Practical before God:

James 4:6  But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.
James 4:10  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Practical in getting a job:

You said you cannot find a job for 2 years. Ok, so why not work on commission basis? That's the path of least resistance to get the foot in the door of a company. They don't look so much for people that want a fix salary right now, but they never say no to getting more business, where you will get paid only after they get paid. So it costs them nothing up front to work with you. If you can talk with people you qualify. I did this myself for many years in a business to business setting, got product samples from distributors and got on the phone with retailers, or walked right into their store and started chatting.
Works best if you deal with free product samples or free trial service offers, so they can test it without commitment and only if it works for them they are convinced about the product or service and they will order. So you don't really have to sell anything, you just ask them to try something for free. The product or service must work as promised, that's the thing you must find out before you invest your time in it., so the chance that they will order is high or at least above average, and so you will get paid. Many still say no to free trials, but some will say yes, persistance works.

Have a look in your local papers or craigslist under keywords like freelance sales, or commission base sales reps. - if not walk right into a wholesaler or distributor and tell them you don't want a job, you want to increase their turnover. Same as above, some will turn you down, others will say "ok, we'll give it a try", persistance works.

2011/9/15 22:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy