SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : jesus

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lkid

Re:

Hi Codek,

Please here me on this. You don't need to read the whole bible in order to be saved. Salvation comes when one repents of his sins, and believes the gospel message. Do you know the gospel? It's not difficult to understand or long to hear. Paul told the Corinthians the gospel message in a few lines of chapter 15. If you think you have to do anything else besides believe than you have been sold a bill of goods worth nothing. No works!, Even reading the bible won't save you. Faith is all that is required. Don't misunderstand what has been written here. If you are saved then you will GROW in your faith and walk with the Lord as you read the bible and believe it and obey it, but if you aren't saved then you can read the bible till you are 90 and it won't do anything for you. Believe the gospel (which is found throughout the bible ), then read the word and obey faithfully. A berean was a jew who had some knowledge of the scriptures and when Paul preached the gospel to them they searched the scriptures to see if it were so, because they didn't want to take a man's word for it alone, but to see if the scriptures backed up what he said.

Do you repent of your sins and do you know the gospel message and do you believe it? That's where you need to start. If so, then read the whole bible. You must come in by the Door (Jesus) first and be saved, then you are a sheep that grows under His care.

Praying and hoping for you,

Lloyd

2011/9/13 20:05Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Codek, is that your real name?

What do you think you must do to be saved?

Salvation is not up to us. It is God who will make you a son of God, It takes a Father to give life to a son, and a son must be born to have a Father. We cannot birth ourselves.

This is not rocket science, if it were my rocket would fizzle.

John 3:15-18 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Do what? "whosoever believeth in Him".

1 John 5:10-13 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar; because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

Do what? "believe on the Name of the Son of God"

Quit, stop, rest, there is nothing you can do to be saved but believe and God will do the rest. It is when we try to help God that we get in the most trouble. When you eat to much you cannot keep eating. Wait upon Him until you are hungry again and He will fill you with Himself. I believe you are already saved but you don't want to give up your old life and turn it all over to Him, boy is that the hardest thing we have to do.

God loves you, I love you because He loves you and has birthed His Son in you and me.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/9/13 21:29Profile
beekpr

Re: No Matter How Much you Pray, Repent, Plead, Obey If God Doesn't Choose You,

Dear Codek, my heart goes out to you in your anguish. For many years I experienced similar struggles. I finally realized that my feelings were liars-God's promises were true regardless of how I felt. His Word promises us salvation when we repent of our sins and believe on the atoning work of Jesus Christ.
I have begun to loath terms like "Calvinism" or "Arminianism"-man tries to create a detailed picture of things which God only gives us glimpses of in His Word regarding His infinite ways. The result is man-made confusion, lame excuses to sin wilfully etc.etc. However, regarding our salvation, and how to live as believers the Scriptures are very clear; these are the things which ought to be our first concern.
Many years after I first became a believer I realized that those terrible times of doubt were direct attacks of the enemy to destroy both my faith and my life. Today I continue to experience most vicious attacks, but now I recognise their source and cling to the Lord by faith when my feelings fail. John Bunyon, who wrote Pilgrim's Progress tells of similar experiences in his own life in the book, Grace Extended To The Chiefest Of Sinners.
Codek,I long to see you at rest in your faith and will be glad to try to answer any questions you have for me.

beekpr

2011/9/13 21:31Profile
Leeza

Re:

The last post really got me thinking. Many years ago, actually about 40, I was young, newly married, and seeking God. (note, why was I seeking God? He put that in my heart..but I digress.)
I had a problem, and no one I knew had an answer for it. I wanted to believe in God, but I had unsettled "intellectual" barriers. (I was not all that intellectual, actually.) So began a study of Schaeffer, and Lewis, and all the apologist of that day, and it did seem to make some sense, finally. BUT, I hit this wall. My dilemma, the gospel message that I had heard, simply, when I was a senior in High school, and my heart had sprung up and said "I want that!" was still far from me for some reason.
One evening, I spent some time with an old friend, talking, exploring what my problem was, when she stopped suddenly, and looked at me. She said, "you Know, it just occurred to me, I have just recently heard of something called spiritual oppression. I dont know much about it, but could I pray for you." I said, sure.
There are moments in our lives that are seared on our memories.
this one has remained with me.
I was in the living room, kneeling, and Patty prayed, quietly, briefly.
It is odd, the room seemed darkly lit before the prayer, and somehow was light afterwards. No emotion. no begging, just opened my eyes, and He has been with me ever since.
He was with me before. I was just blind. He had come that night when I first heard the gospel, but this night, the oppression lifted.
Now, this was not maturity, this was deliverance.
Codek, I dont know, God has not told me, but I pray, if this is similar, that He simply, quietly, lifts the oppression from you, in Jesus's holy name.

2011/9/13 21:54Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i have been a calvinist since 1965 when i learned about the differences at NOBTS under clark pinnock a professor there. but i see a truth that belies both sides that if you are walking into a place the sign says enter and if you are walking out the same door says exit.should we argue for years about which is true? can a traffic signal be red and green at the same time?they are always red and green at the same time,but it depends on which way you are approaching it.everything in the future is whosoever will may come and in the past it is predestined from the foundations of the earth and today is your day of choice.that is why faith is NOW the substance...does your name fall under WHOSOEVER ?than call now upon the name of the Lord and be saved.jimp

2011/9/14 4:09Profile

Re:

Leeza, that is an encouraging story.

2011/9/14 19:57

Re:

"And one last thing, I'm not saved right now. I haven't been regenerated. I'm only being called to God to seek Him. I don't have a false conversion or anything of that sort because there is no conversion yet. But it's going in that direction."

In all sincerity (I am humbly asking), how is one regenerated or converted? Thanks :o)

2011/9/14 20:47
savannah

Re: How God Converts the Human Soul

One poster asks this question:

"In all sincerity (I am humbly asking), how is one regenerated or converted?"

Please go to the following link to watch Part 1 of the excellent 14 part series called "How God Converts the Human Soul" by Mark Kielar.

http://lighttheworldministry.org/?p=602

The ministry has produced many excellent Biblical teaching series' on a number of different subjects.

The name of the ministry is crosstv and can be found at the following link.

http://www.crosstv.com

2011/9/14 23:04Profile

Re:

Thanks Leeza for your prayers. They are much appreciated. I don't know exactly what's going on but I know this I'm dealing with something a lot of people deal with today.

Yes, my "intellectual" side thinks I'm crazy and my spiritual side is trying to do something.

But through your testimony, I realized that I'm not alone.

2011/9/15 0:41

Re:

Christinyou

Codek is not my real name. I've shared some very personal things in my posts here so I rather not use my name on here. These include details about people in my life.

If you really want to find out my real name, email me.

So easy yet so hard. And I can't buy that Jesus loves me because someone said he died for me 2000 years ago. People can say Batman had a son 2000 years ago who died for my sins.
But it's in the bible. But it's in the bible. But I don't see any christians in my life. Where is the church in my life? I'm not saying I'm perfect, far from it but you can tell I'm seeking God, whatever it may be. In my life 99.9% of so called christians are undercover satan worshipers with
crafty tongues and smooth speak. And I've being deceived left and right until now.

How can I believe in the bible when everything I see or experienced is contrary to it. I need some proof buddy. If someone wanted you to sacrifice your WHOLE LIFE, wouldn't you want some proof first, especially after ALL THE CHARLATANS YOU MET IN THE NAME OF CHRIST. HOW COULD A LOVING GOD LET ME BE SO DECEIVED. And guess who pays for the consequence, NOT GOD, I DO and a lot of others just like me.

And if salvation is so easy, why is EVERYBODY GOING TO HELL. I see a lot of people who genuinely want to know God but they have no idea about the truth like how I was. I'm just beginning to see through all the deception and lies.

This is making sense little by little and I'm being introduced to what I believe are real christians. But it's not enough.

The bible is a paradox until the truth is revealed to you. Jesus spoke in code, i.e. parables. Everything is in code. Does this sound like a God that wants to save us all. Why is it so hard?

2011/9/15 0:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy