SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Inspiration from Isaiah.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re: Isaiah 10

It is interesting fact to me, that a prophet have never been politician, but had God's word for the political leaders. I mean, in some cases, they went directrly to the king to tell the word of God.
I guess, we need these kind of men today as well. Who are not afraid to tell, that God's eyes are on the poor! So they can not make their decisions ignoring this fact.

2011/11/9 0:08Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: Isaiah 11:3-5, 6-9

We read of the coming of Christ Jesus in this chapter, the shoot that will coming from the Root of Jesse.

What I would like to note in this wonderful chapter is verses 3-5 to start.

"and He will delight in the fear of the Lord. He will not judge by what He sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with His ears, but with Righteousness He will judge the needy, with justice He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth; with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked. Righteousness will be His belt and faithfulness the sash around His waist."

Christ will come and judge not with His emotions or feelings BUT by what is Right and Just. His words will destroy our worldly standard, this includes His church and everything will be set straight in Him.

And the result?
"The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat..."
and
"He will raise a banner for the nations and gather the exiles of Israel; He will assemble the scattered people of Judah."

First? Peace among nature, the thing that usually destroys shows peace and grace towards its prey.

Second? Full restoration of Israel and the Bride.

God Bless,
Matthew

2011/11/20 6:57Profile
passerby

Re:

Quote:
"and He will delight in the fear of the Lord. He will not judge by what He sees with his eyes, or decide by what he hears with His ears, but with Righteousness He will judge the needy, with justice He will strike the earth with the rod of His mouth; with the breath of His lips He will slay the wicked. Righteousness will be His belt and faithfulness the sash around His waist."

The righteousness of God could bring terrible fear to sinners
but as somebody had said 'His mercy is His righteousness His love is His holiness'.

Therefore, prostrating before Him with a repentant heart and a contrite spirit the righteousness of God gives us hope and bids us to come before the throne of His grace.

2011/11/20 8:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy