SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Inspiration from Isaiah.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lkid

Re: What could have been done more to my vineyard, that I have not done in it?

Chapter 5:4 What do you guys think here? The Lord does do more to us than this vineyard doesn't He? He gives us that new heart and a new spirit and His Spirit to work in us both to will and to do for His good pleasure. As Paul we hope that Israel will turn to Jesus their Messiah. We would be no different than these wild grape bearing vines if it were not for the Lord, praise Him!
But how much greater judgment and accountability for us who have the greater resources, to live according to His word.

vs 24
Therefore as the fire devoureth the stubble, and the flame consumeth the chaff, [so] their root shall be as rottenness, and their blossom shall go up as dust: because they have cast away the law of the LORD of hosts, and despised the word of the Holy One of Israel.

All on account of a despising of the Word of God. How great does He esteem His word! Oh, that I would esteem it that highly and consider it, and Him, in all my ways.

Psa 138:2 I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.

Lloyd

2011/9/23 1:06Profile
Lkid

Re:

Job 23:12 Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food.

2011/9/26 11:56Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Inspiration from Isaiah.

I just saw this, I've got a lot of catching up to do! :)

2011/9/26 13:29Profile
Lkid

Re: Isaiah 6

A true minister of God must:

Have a revelation of the Holy and Glorious God - vs 1-4
Based upon that revelation have a right understanding of himself, he is sinful and from among sinful people - vs 5
This should help him minister to others when he is fimally prepared.
Have received grace and forgiveness himself and been cleansed inside for the indwelling of the Holy Spirit-vs6-7
Be willing to go out and minister the Lord's word to others, whatever that word is, and whatever the results -vs 8-13 Thankfully our message is now one of Grace!, Grace! and Behold the Lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world etc

Lots more for a minister, but that is what I see here.

Lloyd

2011/9/26 23:52Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re:

1. Only in GOd's presence YOu feel the load of sin. No man can convince YOu about Your sin, but once YOu are in the presence of the holy God, You will immediately see Yourself as a hell deserving sinner. So this must be the evangelization strategy in our churhces.

2. Ézs 6:10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

It tells us the state of the religious people. For they hear the word of God, but unable to understand it. The see, but still blind, and they do not know, that they are blind.
Jn 9:41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

2Kor 3:14-16 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.

As well:
Jel 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing;
and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked;

So we should not only read the Bible, but we need to understand it and live by it. Or we are just in the same poor state of blindness.

3. Ézs 6:12-13 And the LORD have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.
But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

God is not humanist God. He is holy. It happens, that He removes all men because of sin.

Only the remnant have the hope, that they will never be destroyed, for God promised this to us, and in the history as well we see the proof. Only the faithful remnant has the full love of God, and theirs are the promises!

2011/9/30 0:19Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Isaiah 6:1-11

Isaiah 6:1-11 NASB

1 In the year of King Uzziah’s death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple.

2 Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.

3 And one called out to another and said,
“Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts,
The whole earth is full of His glory.”

4 And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke.

5Then I said,
“Woe is me, for I am ruined!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I live among a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.”

6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me with a burning coal in his hand, which he had taken from the altar with tongs.

7 He touched my mouth with it and said, “Behold, this has touched your lips; and your iniquity is taken away and your sin is forgiven.”

Isaiah’s Commission

8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?” Then I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

9 He said, “Go, and tell this people:
‘Keep on listening, but do not perceive;
Keep on looking, but do not understand.’

10 “Render the hearts of this people insensitive,
Their ears dull,
And their eyes dim,
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
Hear with their ears,
Understand with their hearts,
And return and be healed.”

11 Then I said, “Lord, how long?” And He answered,
“Until cities are devastated and without inhabitant,
Houses are without people
And the land is utterly desolate,

COMMENT: I find chapter 6 utterly fascinating.

Isaiah is given a vision of the LORD in all his glory, v. 1-4. Stop and think about that a while. Got an imagination? Use it.

Consider Isaiah's reaction: "Woe is me, for I am ruined!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I live among a people of unclean lips I am a man ....

He saw God and felt so small because he believed himself to be a person of unclean lips.

Notice the response of the angel in v. 7.

Then Isaiah receives a commission to preach to his people. But is he promised success? No.

How many of us would be obedient to the call of the LORD if we were promised that people would not listen? but that our teaching would in the end harden them some more?

I would guess what enabled Isaiah to proceed with his preaching/obedience was because he saw the glory of the LORD.

How many of us have seen the glory of the LORD? Does not our understanding of the majesty and the glory of the LORD impact our willingness to be obedient to his call?

Powerful chapter - I love it!

2011/9/30 19:49Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Re:

"How many of us would be obedient to the call of the LORD if we were promised that people would not listen? but that our teaching would in the end harden them some more? "

I guess ALL our preaching should be like this. A sharp edge of the sword, sharp and clean truth, that separates men, thoughts, etc.
A good preaching should end up with changes: either some hearts are broken by the word of God, or other hearts become harder for they harden themselved to the word of God.

Especially I see this at religious people, who do not have relationship with Christ. They hear the word, and harden their heart, do not want to change. Later they will be unable to change!

You remember,
1 Pt 2, 6-8 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

We never have to be afraid of these reactions, as it shows that the word has reached its aim.

2011/10/1 2:26Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Isaiah 6:3,5, 11-13

Sorry for neglecting this thread, I was and am still semi in a move :-S So its craziness at the moment.

First off I picked up on what many of you did, This is an obvious display of God's Holiness and Glory. I took note of verse 3 and wrote down "If Angels who know no sin react to God's holiness with "HOLY HOLY HOLY is the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!" How much more should we be in comparison!

Isaiah 6:5 is the proof of not only the Awesomeness of God BUT also the humility of Isaiah but really do you think he could actually resist such a reaction? To me this verse is PROOF that any true Christian has been utterly humbled by God and thus there is zero reason "Proud" Christians should ever exisist, Oh but this flesh of ours.

Something else that struck me was the question and answer between God and Isaiah verses 11-12 Isaiah asks How long, O Lord!?! God's response is until I'm done with them! But then in verse 13 we see something that I interpret as something God always had in mind with Israel and that is Redemption and a return to the Holy Land. "Leave stumps when they are cut down, so the holy seed will be the stump in the land." God had to cut Israel down to a mear stump but even then he chose to leave stump.

2011/10/1 7:52Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:
We never have to be afraid of these reactions, as it shows that the word has reached its aim.

Hmmm...never thought of that, but you are right. I am glad you shared this insight. This is like a popcorn kernel stuck in my teeth!

God bless.

2011/10/1 11:34Profile
Kono

Hungary, Europe

Isaiah 7

I am not sure, but is this Ephraim the tribe of Israel? And they want to kill their brothers?

Is 7, 9: If ye will not believe, surely ye shall not be established.

Faith is one of the greatest value on earth. We need to have faith in God's word, or we die.

13 And he said, Hear ye now, O house of David; [Is it] a small thing for you to weary men, but will ye weary my God also?

For the answer of Ahaz seems to be very humble, but in reality it is rebellious against God's word. There was no faith at all in the king.
We also have to keep in mind, that lots of people seems to be humble in the church as well, but some of them -in reality- not humble at all. True humility means, that YOu obey to the word of God, and do not take care of words of men!

20 "a razor that is hired,"

It is very interesting for me. God uses men, even if they are wicked, for His purposes. But we have to understand, that these men are never God's owns. Only he use them.

The other parts -except the promise of Immanuel- are about the total destruction of Israel. we have to take it serious: if God was mercifulness with his own choesen nation, he will not be merciful with us either, if we do sin, and do not repent.
One of my friends told me few years ago a very surprising sentece. If we look on the state of the church, the miracle is not that we do not have healings, but that we are still not destroyed by God, and churches like this exist at all. Im am very sorry to say that, but he is right.

2011/10/11 2:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy