SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A Christian Plot for Domination?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Travis,

Yes, I agree with your definition. In fact, I think that this is the one that is most commonly understood by believers.

I simply wanted to point out how the author of the initial article has a tendency to include (in her book and articles) Christians who don't embrace a heretical "kingdom now" type of dominionist philosophy yet are still lumped together under her broad, sweeping definition. Some people are worried about Christian voter turnout or influence of said turnout (*like the guest speaker in my class) and tend to implicate any believer who feels a notion to vote, influence or serve in local/state/national government or policy as having some ulterior motive that they call into question in the same breath where they describe the dominionist heresy.

Again, I apologize for any misunderstanding from my posts. I simply wanted to point out that the original article is short on proof (linking Rick Perry or Michelle Bauchmann to such a movement) and a little broad in how it incorrectly lumps many Christians together with such cultish views. And, yes, brother, I do believe that your definition is one that we have in common.

The Lord bless you!

2011/8/23 19:10Profile

Re:

Hi Travis,

Praise God for your son's life turning around. I have no doubt that he encountered God. I have no animosity towards IHOP. In fact I had great fellowship with the young folk in the house group.

I think you would have to go week in and week out to get a handle on what is " not right," there. It is definately subtle ( and some times not so) I too encouarge people to do their own research on IHOP. A good place to start is with the Kansas city Prophets. Like many pentecostal churches ( I am a classic pentecostal for lack of a better phrase) there are many great people and I truly believe that the pentecostal movement was a powerful move around the world. Now, Satan knew that too, and I think he and his minions came howling at the pentecostal movement and what we got was the Charismatic movement. And out of that flowed the word of faith, prosperity gospel, obsession with signs and wonders and so on. The presence of God, a thing that was once treasured above all in the Pentecostal movement, was lost when the wolves came in and howled.......brother Frank

2011/8/23 21:03
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: A Christian Plot for Domination?

I recently heard 2 podcasts dealing with this dominism. I have heard the term but never took it serious and figured it is fringe people who will stay on the fringe. Then I heard Frank Schaffer, son of Francis who was exposing Rick Perry and Michelle Bachmann as being Dominist. I thought that was crazy at first but after hearing him it I found it scary and now I realize why I see people who say they are crazy. FOr my own opinion, the soundbytes I hear from them they sound ignorant of life in general and I think are poor candidates even for church leadership.

I can't help but think that they want a theocracy something like what we see in Iran? Normally a christian theocracy, on paper would seem like a sign of liberty but when you put in the human nature of it all it spells trouble. Just look around the world of Christianity and its troubles and it sheds light on it all.

What I wonder if how many other people in higher offices support this dominionism mess? How many churches and pastors support this mess?

2011/9/2 8:29Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: A Christian Plot for Domination?

http://feeds.feedburner.com/radioactivity

Look for Friday Aug 26. An interview with Frank Schaffer on this topic. I actually downloaded it into my ipod because I was really unaware of the things he was saying.

The interview comes from wmnf.org a local community radio station in Tampa that I listen to. It is liberal leaning but I listen to get another point of view as I consider myself conservative to moderate.

2011/9/2 8:38Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

The more I read Christian forums, the more I am convinced they are the whack jobs. They are the "out there" Christians. Well, I mean about 80% of them are on any given board are. Yes, they are children of God and bought by the shed blood of Jesus Christ and on their way to heaven. But, they are also whackey in some way--myself included I guess.

---------------------

Endzone

Seeing your words here I have to agree. One thing that I am understanding more and more with christians is we see through out world only through the bible and not using even secular history as a part of our world. As a result it gives us a skewed view of our world and christians end up speaking ignorantly of so many things. I have to include myself into this group as well.

I get really embarrassed at times when I go to some secular forums and see some christians saying certain things that are only half truth because they don't have the hole picture. Seeing what you want to see but leaving the other half of the equation out.
I even see this in Rick Perry and Michelle Backmann, it is embarrassing to listen to the soundbytes they put out because they really do sound ignorant on so many levels.

Just my thoughts.

John aka DEADn

2011/9/2 8:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy