SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : False prophets

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
denem777

False prophets

What percentage of false doctrine does a speaker have to have to be considered a false prophet? If a speaker is deemed a false prophet because he speaks 1% false doctrine, then wouldn't EVERY pastor and speaker be deemed a false prophet? I mean, EVERYBODY has said SOMETHING ignorantly (false) at least once in their ministry, haven't they? (Except for Jesus, of course!)

2011/8/1 20:46Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: False prophets

An honest error - one made in ignorance is vastly different from one that is explained and taught.

My understanding....

2011/8/1 21:21Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, why on these forums do people always speak to the negative? they look down their sinfull,proud noses at others who are not perfect and listen to every word just waiting for the misstatement that is bound to happen and opine on it;somewhat reminding me of the accuser of the brethren.we need to be known by our love for one another and not our perfection in doctrine and speech. len ravenhill told me not to listen to him without checking what he said by the word because he said he was as dumb as any other preacher.a conduit is a conduit and should not be praised or put down. God is the only annointed One and he uses conduits to bless people. we are all sinners who without Jesus would be destined for a eternity in hell.jimp

2011/8/1 22:35Profile
StarofG0D

United States

False prophets are known by their FRUIT, we have all done things in ignorance, and until we receive light on it, we will continue to do so..So let us seek Him while He may be found..For we are all unrighteous without His guiding arm..

Though if it is not done in ignorance, but knowingly leading the sheep astray then this I think would be considered a false prophet, a wolf.

Your hunger for truth is commendable. I am interested also in some of the questions you asked denem.

2011/8/1 22:50Profile

Hi denem777 I too sense that you ask an honest question, although you seemed to have been rebuked for it :) Consider this ....

Gal 2:4 But because of those false brothers stealing in, who stole in to spy out our liberty which we have in Christ Jesus; they desiring to enslave us;
Gal 2:5 to whom not even for an hour did we yield in subjection, that the truth of the gospel might continue with you.

It is good to use discernment. Paul did not rest, night and day for three years warning the Body of wolves in sheeps clothing that would come in to scatter the flock. There was obviously a reason why he spent so much of his time warning the folks. A very obvious example would be Jim Jones and the Jonestown massacre. There were warnings about this man but sadly they were mostly ignored by the people who attended his church and they paid the ultimate price.

There is a very real difference from a preacher and a prophet, they are different offices although at Gods good pleasure He can overlap it. And so many preachers hold to different doctrines, so many of which have been thrashed out here on this very site. Holding to a different interpretation does not make someone a false Prophet. Here is a pretty good rule of thumb brother, if someone tells you that they are are a Prophet, in other words, a self proclaimed Prophet, you can pretty much be sure that they are not...........brother Frank

2011/8/2 0:06
jimp

Re:

hi, i perceive you are a true prophet. i did not rebuke the writer,as i have seen more and more watchmen with no walls and no sheep and no commision to watch.paul was responsible for the sheep he apostled.if you are a pastor you have every right to protect your sheep as God leads.self appointed watchmen who do not weep and pray for those they blog about being false teahers and false prophets without having to face these men and women face to face and offer biblical discipine is gossip at best.i know a lot of the men who have been demeaned as heretics and liars and know a lot of them are off the track in a lot of different areas but for the most they love the Lord and are decieved of satan .have mercy on stupidity and pray and avoid those whose fruit do not add up to christian living .we wrestle not against flesh and blood.

2011/8/2 1:31Profile
Enochh

Indianapolis

Re:

what I don't understand on these threads is why certain ones feel the need to constantly correct the rest of us with personal attacks instead of answering the question. I think this is a legit question and have pondered it myself. I feel this example from experience is a good one. Once while at a sidewalk cafe with a pastor friend we discussed the way many misuse scripture. I mentioned the way many use "good measured,pressed down,shaken together and running over will men give into your bosom' as a money scripture. When in context it follows a discourse of Jesus' on loving your enemies, forgiveness and judging. He agreed. two weeks later while visiting his church I heard this same man use this scripture to extract a bigger "offering" from "his people".
This to me is a false teacher/prophet. one who has seen but refuses to walk in the light while also hindering or forbiding others from walking in the light. I as a Pastor taught things in the past (WOF) that were false doctrine.I did this because I was blind, deceived. But when the light came I refused to teach those things any longer. had i continued the I as well would have been a false teacher.

2011/8/2 5:42Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Enochh wrote:

"I as a Pastor taught things in the past (WOF) that were false doctrine.I did this because I was blind, deceived. But when the light came I refused to teach those things any longer. had i continued the I as well would have been a false teacher."

Enochh, what you did is rare. Many false teachers will get angry when confronted, will work to defend their 'doctrine'. For a preacher to be teachable by another or a lesser is rare. God bless you, brother. Your testimony is an encouragement...you see I do not know of any false teachers who have repented of their apostasy.

ginnyrose

2011/8/2 8:12Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:
jimp...hi, why on these forums do people always speak to the negative? they look down their sinfull,proud noses at others who are not perfect and listen to every word just waiting for the misstatement that is bound to happen and opine on it;somewhat reminding me of the accuser of the brethren.

My only "guess" would be even some Christians like drama.

2011/8/2 8:53Profile

Re:

Enochh wrote.........

" I as a Pastor taught things in the past (WOF) that were false doctrine.I did this because I was blind, deceived. But when the light came I refused to teach those things any longer. had i continued the I as well would have been a false teacher."

Well that was a breath of fresh air, God bless you brother for your humility. It reminds me of Peters reaction to Paul who rebuked him publicly. Peter calls a council to see if he may be wrong, awesome, especially when you consider what kind of personality Peter had. Truly a work of the Spirit to change the very naturE of a man.....brother Frank

2011/8/2 9:24

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy