SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where do demons occupy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
sprinkle

Re:

The people who were delivered from demonic activity, were not saved. They didnot have the ability to choose. That is the reason that we want to liberate people from satan's shackles. They must be free to hear the message of grace and choose of their own volition. Everyone that refuses to listen, isnot possessed by demons. They are simply blinded by the power of the devil. Some of the habits that the new convert will exhibit, may not shed immediately. But may carry over into christiandom, where the Holy Spirit will remove them, through the process of sanctification.

2011/7/21 22:29Profile
sprinkle

Re:

I beg to differ with you. We give too much credence to the power of man, while we detract from the power of God. 1Cor. 5:4 Paul admonished this church to deal with an immoral believer, by osticizing him and "handing him over to satan , so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord".All that satan was "allowed by God" to do to Job, He was not allowed to take his life or his will. Job still was given the ability to express pure emotions, inspite of his physical and spiritual attack by satan himself.

2011/7/21 22:45Profile
sprinkle

Re:

Thank you Sarah for the good dialogue. Have a blessed night.

2011/7/21 22:56Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

And thank you, Sprinkle.

Perhaps it is also good to remember that sometimes God has to give us a revelation by way of experience before we actually "SEE" it in His Word.

We should not be so quick to always say, "IT'S NOT IN THE WORD".

Why?

Take the story of Peter and Cornelius. God had to give Peter a dream (experience) to explain to him what was already in His Word concerning the Gentiles. Something, Paul saw by the Holy Spirit and writes about in Galtians and other books.

“I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and ALL PEOPLES ON EARTH WILL BE BLESSED THROUGH YOU.” (Genesis 12:2-3)

Israel, a Light to the Gentiles

“I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and A LIGHT FOR THE GENTILES, to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness.
(Isaiah 42:6)

Joel 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit UPON ALL FLESH; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Remember how adamant Peter was about not eating any of the unclean food that came down on a sheet out of heaven?

He was very dogmatic you could say about what he thought was "IN THE WORD" and what He thought was taught by God.

In Christ,
Sarah

We know very little and the little we know we have not even mastered.

2011/7/22 9:48Profile

Re:

Quote:
The people who were delivered from demonic activity, were not saved

False

Quote:
They did not have the ability to choose

That is obviously false. The Bible tells us that the demoniac that had thousands of demons came and threw himself at Jesus feet. The is the man where Jesus cast all these demons into the pigs that were nearby. I can promise you that demonic spirits would not willingly come and throw themselves at Jesus feet. This was the man's own will.

2011/7/22 10:34
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Endzone are you saying that, when someone is delivered from possession they are saved i.e. born again?

There are numerous accounts of those who were healed, cured, and fed yet did not follow Jesus. They reaped His benefits but did not turn to Him in full faith and surrender, but instead left Him. John 6:66

2011/7/22 10:42Profile
bowmyknees

Re:

Sorry staff you were offended and not edified by my answer to your question.
Truth is Truth.

2011/7/22 11:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
There are numerous accounts of those who were healed, cured, and fed yet did not follow Jesus. They reaped His benefits but did not turn to Him in full faith and surrender, but instead left Him. John 6:66

Sad but very true Sis Star. This fact has always amazed me, in a sad way. I wonder how many have been touched by GOD in our day and have rejected Him when the going got tough.

Sis Sarah, the story of Peter 'is' in the N.T., so it does make New Covenant theology.

Casting demons "out" of Truly Saved Christians is not in the N.T. and one would think that something THAT important would be, if it were a fact or something that we needed to know and remedy.

The only reason I would stay on this topic is not because I like to 'argue'. I haven't the desire to do so and limit the threads I get onto and try to only get on those that can affect someone's view of what Christ has done for us by His finished work.

Why any Christian would want to believe or insist that Spirit filled Christians could have a demon or demons that need to be "cast out" is beyond me - except for that they've read it in some man or women's book, because there's no way that they'd come to that conclusion from just the N.T. alone.

1 - That teaching lessens what Immanuel did for us.

2 - It opens the new converts or those who have not had time to truly study His Word with His Spirit to any manifestation that they experience, into the delusion that what they're experiencing is an indwelling demon.

3 - GOD has called our body - "His Temple" and to say that a demon can live in His Temple, borders on blasphemy because it also disregards the great sacrifice of The Saviour.

4 - with the future in view, when things shall become increasingly immoral and demonic, unless a child of GOD knows where they stand IN Christ and if they believe that demons have access 'into' them in anyway - it will be a frightful time instead of the time when GOD's people will be strongest.

It cost so very much for our Freedom and for GOD to dwell IN man. The teaching that demons can indwell His Temple minimizes His Great Sacrifice.

We can take authority over 'attacks' of the enemy - if GOD gives us the discernment that some thought, temptation, bodily pain, etc is indeed coming from the enemy.
We do have power over Satan through Christ's Authority.

To answer your other post - we are more than conquerers through Him that Saved us and do have the authority to cast 'out' demons from those that He leads us to, that are not saved.

We have much more power and authority than we are aware of but that power of authority comes when we die to self - and that's the bottomline of being used by Him as He would desire to use us, especially in these last days, as Daniel wrote that the Saints will be doing "exploits".

Someone who's demonology is off will experience many unnecessary hardships, and that's a fact, because it's a lie against the Life, the Cross and the Resurrection of GOD in the flesh, Who stands as our mediator and High Priest now and until He returns.

If a person persists in this unBiblical belief - the LORD will allow them to experience what they wouldn't have, if they just believed His Word alone.

And that's why I've stayed on this topic, whenever it comes up. I don't want anyone to suffer the things that I saw happen to young and gullible Christians in the first few years that I was saved and believed this nonsense along with them.

I have no fear of demons nor the full blown demon possessed now and that's how we'll all need to be in the days ahead and what I pray for all. Amen!

2011/7/22 12:08
sarahsdream

Re:

Jesus-is-God,

Do you have a lot of experience in casting out demons? You sound as though you are an expert on this subject. Have you cast out demons from anyone and what happened afterwards?

Have you ever seen a spirit-filled Christian decide to cavort with unclean spirits? Of course many have and received dire consequences in the flesh and spirit for it.

We see Ted Haggard for one prominent example.

We are New Testament Christians as Peter was and I am just wondering what you base your solid belief on? Peter was convinced that he was basing his belief on the Word.

Is it possible that a Christian can choose to be filled with the Holy Spirit, but if he decides to be filled with an evil spirit, it just won't happen?

So far your answers don't really stand up and I have yet to see you answer staff's question about the missionaries you talked about.

Bless you,

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/7/22 12:25Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Jesus-is-God,

Just a follow-up.

I would be interested in knowing how you explain that when someone does give themselves over to unclean, evil spirits and if no measure of possession takes place in their body or soul (we definitely know it cannot happen in the spirit), how is it that they are seldom able to break away on their own from the sin and often it brings them into worse sin. Even, as some have testified that they cried heartfelt tears of repentance.

Is it just a simple struggle with sin and the flesh as you believe?

Just asking. I always asked questions as a little girl and I guess I have never stopped. Staff's thread has piqued my interest in this subject as I don't see what you see in the Bible.

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/7/22 12:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy