SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where do demons occupy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

Hi Jesus is God,
You failed to comment again on your earlier comment
This comment below is basing your understanding at least in part on experiential docrine isnt it?
(Hi Brother Staff, according to the works of Jesus and His Apostles and seeing that I've always loved reading the stories of Missionaries, yes - we see numerous accounts of those who were saved and healed simutaneously, when their infirmity was demonic.)
If all the people that have demons are saved and indwelt by the Holy Spirit have demons expelled at that same time where are the demonic manifestations?And why are they not recorded in the scripture after the birth of the Church?
Of course only a portion of people saved may have a demonic affliction and perhaps even a percentage of that portion may manifest itself.But what about that portion where are the manifestations?
Also you keep raising non issues.
I also believe the Holy Spirit cannot be indwel with a demon as well and Job was touched only and not entered and yet again almost every Christian I know believe that only some illness are demonic not all.
Yours Staff

2011/7/21 11:35Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Ok, so just thinking aloud, through everything here.

Jesus says, don't clean someone's house (deliverance, casting out of demons) if you don't have something to replace them with (Holy Spirit) or else things will be worse for them than before.

But, as this thread is saying, the minute someone is saved all demons are expelled because the Holy Spirit will not let them stay in the body, even though the Holy Spirit is joined to our Spirit.

The conclusion would seem that when people are saved, if they have a deaf and dumb spirit or spirit of infirmity that they would be healed instantly.

Am I on track with all of your thinking?

So, it would seem that there is no need for casting out demons anymore. Right?

You don't want to cast out demons in an unbeliever because you have no assurance they will accept Christ. And if demons are automatically expelled at salvation, then this verse really does not apply anymore.

Mar 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mar 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

New tongues apply but not the casting out of devils.

Not saying I agree, just trying to follow your logic.

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/7/21 11:48Profile
bowmyknees

Re:

Where do demons occupy?

In unbelievers

2011/7/21 12:41Profile
EverestoSama

Re:

Quote:
Where do demons occupy? In unbelievers

This.

2011/7/21 12:42Profile

Re:

Amen!

2011/7/21 12:51
staff

Re:

Hi Sarah,
That is an expanded better version but thats the logic.Thank you for listening.May I just add that in some cases their would have to be manifestations of demons leaving at the point of indwelling by the Holy Spirit,
What do not agree on or are you mulling it over,
Yours Staff

2011/7/21 15:12Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Jesus is God,
If you dont want or cannot answer my questions about your missionary comment that is ok but the comment by bownyknees is just unedifying to say the least.
I have genuinely tried to bring a different aspect to the discussion that hasnt been on other threads about the subject.And I welcome anyone out their to explain away my thoughts on the subject.Although Sarah doesnt say she believes either way what I am saying her post probably best represents what I am saying.I think anyone on this forum that believes that a christian cannot have a demon occupying in some way not nessacarily in the spirit should be able to answer my few simple questions.I think that is fair,yours staff

2011/7/21 15:22Profile

Re:

Quote:
There are more people today than Jesus' time, and more demon possessed people than Jesus' time, so why is this so hard to figure out.

We should be seeing miraculous manifestations all the time.

Unless, of course, something else is afoot.

In Christ,
Sarah

You are right. In Africa when a Christian brother gets delivered from a demonic spirit it's no big deal. The brother may shake or have other manifestations, but it is no big deal to the congregation there. This is what I have been told by guest speakers from Africa.

2011/7/21 20:25
sprinkle

Re:

Because we live in a fallen world, that is influenced in "all areas" media, government, education etc., by satanic activity. We attribute everything to demonic activity. Most often, what we see is the fruit of a cursed humanity. Be assured, those same demons that Jesus cast out, over 2 thousand years ago, are still walking the earth today. More wise and more effective than ever before. They have had more time to perfect their destructive skills. Satan and his angels were active during the ministry of Christ, because God, in human flesh had appeared, and they knew full well who He was. Our culture is so entrenched in wickedness, by its own volition, satan can rest with this generation. I don't see in scripture, where believers are possessed, oppressed,yes. Paul was sent a buffer from satan. So God allows satan to "touch" his children, but not to take over their will and abide in their souls.

2011/7/21 22:17Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

Quote:
So God allows satan to "touch" his children, but not to take over their will and abide in their souls.

Chapter and verse, please on the second part of your statement.

It's not about what God allows or not. It is what man allows and who he gives himself to.

Read James 4.

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/7/21 22:26Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy