SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Where do demons occupy?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Julius21, I agree with your assessment. I'm a man who has had to battle with demonic spirits in my mind for the past 34 years of my life. They came in through extreme rebellion when I was a teenager. Though many spirits ahve been cast out over the years, there is still a spirit of music nuisance or distraction that is there all my waking hours. I believe it is a ruler demon of mockery, but I'm not sure.

I also think only Christians who have had to deal with this really understand about demonic oppression/possession in a Christian.

2011/8/3 20:51
DN326

Re: Christ in you dated 8-3-11 @ 15:38:33

Demons do not leave us when we are indewelled with the Holy Spirit. Even Jesus was tempted by Satan right after John baptized him. Matthew 3:13; John 1:32 Jesus being tempted by Satan; Matthew 4:1-11. Satan entered into Judas while eating with Jesus. John 13:2 And supper being ended, the devil having now put into the heart of Judas Iscariot, Simon's son, to betray him; also read Luke 22:3; John 13:27. The indewelling of the Holy Spirit helps us to resist the temptations of Satan and his demons by the word of God. If a person that has not or does not except and believe in there heart in God and the one he sent Jesus Christ as a sacrifice for our sins for all the people that live in this world.
What is the logic of casting out demons out of unsaved people? You cannot unless they; 1Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. Christ and the disciples did it but the comforter had not come yet,so I can see why it happened before the cross but not after. This may help: Luke 9:1 ¶ Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases.
Matthew 10:1; Mark 3:13; Mark 6:7.
Your question where are the demonic manifestations that would happen in some cases recorded in Scripture?or in experience? I am not sure what you are asking.

2011/8/4 0:38Profile

Re:

Hi Endzone,

I think we are on the same page for the most part. I also am aware how more powerful demons can hide "under cover" of the weaker demons and "push them up", you could say to run interference for them. That is why Jesus addressed the demons and asked them their name. He wanted to show us that we can address them with authority to find out what we are dealing with.

Julius

2011/8/4 1:13
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Staff I really don't understand your questions.

Is satan spirit, are demons spirit? Where will they occupy?
If this flesh is the a temple or a clay pot, then I guess whoever is living in the temple is the controlling entity.

If Christ is now my spirit, how could light and darkness dwell in the same place, Christ and satan. If your question is why are there no demonstrations of satan and demons being kicked out of this temple when Christ comes to make His and the Fathers and the Holy Spirit abode, I don't know why we don't see it in the Word. It looks like it would be common sense that Christ and satan cannot live in the same temple. It would seem by simple deduction that demon possessed persons would be not born again. Demon oppression is something else. I don't know how far a demon can go in their profession, I would guess they can go only as far our God and Father allow them to go. I can only look at Job, never posession as far as I can understand, but outward oppression up to not taking Jobs life as God gave permission to the devil, withholding Jobs life as satans boundries.

I don't know how far satan and his demons can go, only what I see in scripture. Mostly outward physical oppression, I don't see spirit possession in the saved, only the unsaved, that is satans dwelling place before we are born again, which like God the Father sends His angels to help His children, satan can send his demon angels to do his dirty work.

What are you trying to say, by asking the questions, just come right out and say where you think we disagree, which is completely ok, for then I can take stock and study what you are saying and make a judgement for myself from the way I see scripture, that is where by revelation I can change my mind or stand firm in the truth.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/8/4 1:28Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Why Judas and not the other 11? Only to fulfill scripture.

2011/8/4 1:33Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Christ in You,
Thats fine if you dont understand my question.My fault.I will try and say it a bit clearer and say what I think about it all.

I think now that a demon may not be able to possess a persons spirit unsaved or saved.This came to my mind because the demons asked to go into a herd of swine which have no spirit.
I think that a demon can attach or occupy some part of a persons body or soul whether saved or unsaved.
I think that if a christian cannot have a demon then all demons have to leave at the moment of indwelling by the Holy Spirit.
Some demons manifest themselves greatly when leaving,so I think that those demons would have to manifest themselves also just has the Holy Spirit is indwelling the new Christian.
I think the problems that that demon caused would have to dissapear at the moment of indwelling of the Holy Spirit in all cases.
e.g the deaf and dumb man could hear and talk
Their is no record of demonic manifestastion as a christian is being saved in scripture therefore I think that this greatly effects the view that a christian cannot have a demon attached to or occupying some part of a christians body or soul.(i said earlier that a demon may not be able to occupy a person saved or unsaved in their spirit)
Also their is no record as far I as I know of demonic manifestations for instance at Billy Graham crusades where large amount of people are being saved and indwelt.

I think both sides of the debate on whether a christian can or cannot have a demon have in some way to use experiential doctrine as I have with my Billy Graham comment.
To a certain extent casting out a demon of an unsaved person is pointless and has no logic as far as I can see.

To sum up I think that a christian can have a demon occupy or attach to the body and soul but not the Spirit because I dont think the demon can occupy an unsaved persons Spirit.
I hope that that makes my muddled up mind clearer on the subject,
Yours in Christ.
Staff
P.s After saying all that maybe I just asked a tricky question and someone has an answer to it.

2011/8/4 20:02Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Dn326,
I didnt ignore your post but I think that my answer to Christ in You answers the last part of your post,Hi by the way Yours Staff

2011/8/4 20:15Profile

Re:

It wasn't a tricky question - it was a slick question because you already answered your own question, which shows you had an agenda behind asking and the conclusion you had already come to is Anti-Scripture or Anti-Word-of-GOD or Anti-Christ in the sense that this belief tramples the Finished work of Christ on the cross on behalf of those who come to Him by Faith.

This is your own answer to your own question that you want us to believe as well ....

Quote:
Their is no record of demonic manifestastion as a christian is being saved in scripture therefore I think that this greatly effects the view that a christian cannot have a demon attached to or occupying some part of a christians body or soul.

Was this posted out of ignorance or was this the agenda of the OP, as in - where you were headed from the beginning?

A very unfortunate thing if you or anyone else believes this.

2011/8/5 3:44
mikey2

Re:

I don't think he had an agenda and so what if he did?

I think he brought out some important understanding.

Many here will post a topic wanting to "teach us something".

Haven't you Jesus-is-God? Look back at your one world order posts. Boy, those got very heated and you were accused of having an agenda. It's not a good feeling is it to be accused of having an agenda?

Cut staff some slack.

Just because you always say "it is not in the Word", doesn't mean it is not. It just means you are not seeing it for whatever reason. You are not the authority for what is in the Word or not in the Word. Did you know that you come off that way?

Let people converse and discuss without trying to shutdown their quest for truth.

Clearly, "It is not in the Word", is not a good enough answer for these people and they wish to search the scriptures some more. So let them.

Mike

2011/8/5 11:17Profile

Re:

Sure, O.K., Brother Mike. But can I contribute a website?
I could recommend this one for starters.

http://www.spiritualwarfaredeliverance.com/

No, I was not told that I had an agenda, but talking about the NWO makes some folks nervous, that was for sure.
I have a good memory Brother of any "rebukes" - and accusations of an "agenda" was not one of the many.

Back on topic ... with these beliefs, we must ask ourselves, what will we do, believing that demons can indwell us, and have since we've been saved - as Staff has implied - when the days become SO evil that men's hearts will be failing them for fear, If we cannot trust that Christ has completely set us totally free when He entered our lives?

What will we do when the forces of hell are coming against us in horrific attacks on our minds, if we believe these things about them being able to indwell a Spirit-filled Saint?

Praying that no "foothold" may twist His Word in our hearts & minds, either by false beliefs or the 'bitterness' that defiles many.

{eta} We SHOULD know His WORD to us well enough to be able to say with confidence, "It is not written", and in that belief I cannot and will never shy away from, saying "It's not in His Word" is something that we should all be able to say with confidence if we've been serious in studying.
He has called us to KNOW His Word in order to "Stand" on it, without any doubts of what is in His Word and what is Not, so that we can discern good from evil and false doctrine from Truth.
When would GOD ever tell us to not be Sure of His Word and what HE has written in it?

Only Satan would ask or demand that we say, "Did GOD Really say?"

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come,
He will guide you into all truth:
for He shall not speak of Himself;
but whatsoever He shall hear, that shall He speak:
and He will shew you things to come.

Standing on His Word that was written for a child to understand.

2011/8/5 11:28

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy