Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Revivalist James A Stewart

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
JoshG

Revivalist James A Stewart

Hello Everyone!

Have a listen to some “James A Stewart” sermons on this site... https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=836&min=0&orderby=titleA&show=20

He was a good friend of Duncan Campbell.

Just to qualify myself - I have listened to over 800 sermons from around 50 different preachers on this site... James A Stewart is in my top 5 favourites!!!

The reason I mention him is because I don’t think many people know about him. This is probably due to the fact that he did the majority of his missionary/evangelistic/revival work throughout non-English countries like Russia (pre iron curtain). He’s also written some very good books. Check them out at revivallit.org

My favourite 4 audio sermons are: Good for nothing Christians, Partnership of Pentecost, Sign Christians, What is Revival...

Check him out! :)

2011/6/3 1:41Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Revivalist James A Stewart

Quote:
The reason I mention him is because I don’t think many people know about him. This is probably due to the fact that he did the majority of his missionary/evangelistic/revival work throughout non-English countries like Russia (pre iron curtain). He’s also written some very good books. Check them out at revivallit.org

Amen. He was a tremendous man of God. Not as well known as others but mightily used. Thanks for doing this, more people need to hear his ministry. There are many hidden gems on SI that we need to dig up. Sadly we usually gravitate to those that most esteem highly, but other men who reflected and pointed to Christ we sometimes ignore. Some of the most life-chaning messages have come from very little-known preachers in my life.

2011/6/3 2:33Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Thanks for the recommendation, Josh.

I agree with Greg about the many "hidden gems" found here at SermonIndex that are outside of the list of the more well-known ministers.

When I moved to California, I lost two of my favorite messages (that were recorded on audio cassette tapes). The messages were from a relatively unknown minister, Zerubbabel Ebangit. I can hardly find anything about the man, because he spends most of his time in Africa. He has no website. However, his words were just as impacting as the messages I hear from Brother Ravenhill, David Wilkerson, or A.W. Tozer.

I am always happy to hear such a challenging and encouraging message like this. Thanks again!

2011/6/3 12:01Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Zerubbabel Ebangit

Brother, I would be interested in getting the mp3's of these tapes if you had time to encode them for us. God bless.

2011/6/3 12:14Profile
Jeremy221

Amen brother. What a blessing. :D

May I recommend this sermon as the next featured sermon.

Good for nothing Christians by James A. Stewart

Topic: Christian Life

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=21827

Peace on you friends.

2011/6/3 16:45Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Yes Jeremy221 lets talk abut it. James Stewart is but another voice exposing the make up of the church. Bastards breeding bastards (my paraphrase). Men would be so offended if we used that same expression today. What do you think of the 5% he speaks to? It is a message not unlike so many others here on SI but I fear that it is falling upon deaf ears. If the 5% percentile is accurate then maybe that is why.

2011/6/3 20:57Profile
Jeremy221

Re: Peace

Hi lylewise,

James Stewart is certainly calling for repentance and holy living. He speaks about the cost in time, energy and devotion that has preceded the works of God that he has seen and is calling for his hearers to do the same. He also makes clear that God's methods and timing are not our own. In another sermon he makes it clear about the power of prayer wherein God not only meets the need of His children but often tells those who will listen what, when and how He is going to answer their prayer. I believe that it is very good to be encouraged by the testimony of brothers like James Stewart. In my walk, the Lord has used men like this to desire and expect God to work in ways I had not yet seen. He too has used them as instruments of rebuke and exhortation to light a holy fire in my chest to see His glory and to recognize His glory around me. I am humbled to revisit people and places I had once written off in my pride only to have God reveal the truth. I have become aware of a veil that further obscures the truth of the pureness and holiness of God. The Lord has made it clear that it will only be lifted by obedience in the areas He has shown me. I too desire to see more people walk closely with the Lord but I realize that can only happen through His children walking in the light of His life. I pray you see this too.

2011/6/3 21:38Profile
JoshG

Re:

I agree that it would be a good thing to make at least one of Stewarts sermons a featured sermon... He's a voice that definately needs to be heard! I'm actually surprised he's not on the "short list" of top speakers? with other greats like Ravenhill, Campbell & Tozer...

In some of his messages he contrasts the American Christians (lukewarm) with the Russian Christians... Things like: Americans can't be bothered to come to mid week meetings but the Russians not only come to the mid week meetings but some of them are so hungry that they follow him home and stay at his place asking for him to teach them more until 4am in the morning! Such a difference in hunger!

Another story I remember Stewart told was of an American girl coming up to him after the meeting with tears in her eyes and saying 'the kids at school found out I am a Christian and they have been teasing me'. Stewart replied something like 'there there my dear... If you were in Russia at the moment, you would be in jail right now'

I think I recall him saying that 80% of the missionaries he worked with were martyred for their faith by the Russians... 80% !!!

2011/6/3 22:17Profile
JoshG

Re:

The famous Ulster revivalist, the Rev. W. P. Nicholson, said of him:

"Through European countries he has brought thousands to Christ through his teaching and preaching. I have followed his work for many years. He has been used of God in mighty revivals in many places. He knows from a long and wide and successful experience what revival is, and how to make use of it. Many can and do write fluently about revivals, but they are merely writing about something that they have never seen as fact. James Stewarts writings are different."

2011/6/3 22:20Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I agree that it would be a good thing to make at least one of Stewarts sermons a featured sermon... He's a voice that definately needs to be heard! I'm actually surprised he's not on the "short list" of top speakers? with other greats like Ravenhill, Campbell & Tozer...

I will pray about this. I have known of him and heard a few of his messages but will re-consider this message you put before me brother. Does anyone know of a picture of James A. Stewart? I couldn't find one on a first search.

please link to any pictures you can find of him here.

2011/6/3 22:23Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy