SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Do Calvinist believe in sharing the gospel?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

I think regeneration is the mystery of faith that is not spoken extremely a lot in scripture, but we know it happens. Look at Spurgeon he had been seeking the Lord about his soul and one day he pops into a church unexpectedly and just heres that one verse in Isaiah 45 i believe that says something like look unto me and be ye saved and he was transformed into a child of God with saving faith and you ever here Paul Washers testimony, he is was asked if he wanted to go to a party and he told them no and they asked why and he said because i am a christian and something changed inside of him when he said that. And others it happens through that simple belief in Christ or as my friend seeking the Lord in repentance for months until he knew he had been saved and had assurance. It is a mystery, but it is real, the Spirit of God working in souls to bring them to salvation. We can say it must happen like this or that, but that we know it will by one person Jesus Christ our Lord and no one else.

2011/5/27 20:29
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

Re: Do Calvinist believe in sharing the gospel?

I would suggest you pick up a little book titled: Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by JI Packer. Which deals with this very question in detail--in a very readable way.

I would also suggest you actually get out and meet some Calvinists. Usually you'll find them serving as missionaries and evangelists. In fact, when I got out of my small Southern Baptist enclave and started interacting with other people with a passion for missions, I found to my shock that the vast majority of them were reformed. It had a big impact on me.

Ralph Winters (a Presbyterian) and many others have had a profound (positive) impact on global missions over the last generation, and many of them strongly believe in reformed theology. Many of the best missionaries I know working today are reformed in their theology.

You might also want to check out online resources like Desiring God (John Piper) and the Gospel Coalition and see just how vibrant and active people with reformed theology are in sharing the Gospel with others. You might also want to check out Piper's book, "Let the Nations be Glad"

2011/5/27 22:06Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Hi,

Though this can be a good topic to discuss we have decided amonst the moderator staff not to have calvinist / armian talks on the forums. Therefore we ask that people do not post directly on this divisive matter. Yes, both calvinists and armians evangelize but with different mindsets. I think God uses both in the end and the important thing is preaching the Gospel, giving the free offer of the Gospel to everyone and every nation and people group.

To end this thread before I lock it I will link to the 2 best mission groups, please pray for them, send support and do go out and witness yourself even on the streets for the glory of God and the Gospel.

Heart Cry Missionary Society
http://www.heartcrymissionary.com

Gospel For Asia
http://www.gfa.org

this thread is being locked now.

2011/5/27 22:33Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy