· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Quote:
I guess it would be the same reason you think Job wrote Job. There is a certain amount of surmising that can be done with the authorship of many of the books of the Bible.

To be more precise brother, I believe that Job spoke the words that are written in the book of Job.

Jer 15:16 Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.

2011/6/21 8:10Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
If all your questions are an attempt to 'prove' obedience precludes trust, or that there is faith without trust, it will be best if you don't waste any more of either of our time. I am not moving and I suppose neither are you, so hold fast to your obedience without trust and see where it leads you.

Brother please be patient. When we get to the life of Abraham you might see things a little different...

Jer 15:16 Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.

2011/6/21 8:13Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
And no fellowship occuurred because Cain did not want fellowship with God.

I believe that there is a more precise reason concerning Cain's response to God's calling...

Ecc 12:13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all.

Pro 2:1 My son, if you receive my words, And treasure my commands within you,

Pro 2:2 So that you incline your ear to wisdom, [And] apply your heart to understanding;

Pro 2:3 Yes, if you cry out for discernment, [And] lift up your voice for understanding,

Pro 2:4 If you seek her as silver, And search for her as [for] hidden treasures;

Pro 2:5 Then you will understand the fear of the LORD, And find the knowledge of God.

I believe Cain is an example of those Jeremiah spoke of...

Jer 2:19 Your own wickedness will correct you, And your backslidings will rebuke you. Know therefore and see that [it is] an evil and bitter [thing] That you have forsaken the LORD your God, And the fear of Me [is] not in you," Says the Lord GOD of hosts.

2011/6/21 8:26Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
It is Christ's blood that washed Abel, just as it is Christ's blood that washed me. Abel looked forward to the cross, I looked backward, neither of us saw the day, but the same Saviour washed us both in His own blood. Abel's sacrifice just like the sacrifice God made for his father Adam when he made skins for Adam and Eve, were types of the sacrifice of Christ showing what exactly it was that both were looking ahead to.

Amen brother....

2011/6/21 8:28Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
Through faith we understand and if we don't trust God's way of righteousness then we will never be accepted until we do.

We will cover this in more depth when we inspect the life of Abraham....

May God be our blessing always...Jeff

2011/6/21 8:32Profile
rookie

Re:

Sarah wrote:

Quote:
Adam could have told him or God could have talked to him like He talked to Cain. Adam understood. Remember the skins that God gave Adam?

God spoke to Abel because the Scriptures tell us that he was the first of God's prophets...

Luk 11:49 "Therefore the wisdom of God also said, 'I will send them prophets and apostles, and [some] of them they will kill and persecute,'

Luk 11:50 "that the blood of all the prophets which was shed from the foundation of the world may be required of this generation,

Luk 11:51 "from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah who perished between the altar and the temple. Yes, I say to you, it shall be required of this generation.

God Bless
your brother in Christ

2011/6/21 13:20Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
Rom 1:20 For since the creation of the world His invisible [attributes] are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse

So as Paul wrote, from the beginning, men are without excuse because God has without exception made sure that each man has witnessed His eternal power. We are given the first example of this precept in the testimony of Cain and Abel.

Gen 4:3 And in the process of time it came to pass that Cain brought an offering of the fruit of the ground to the LORD.

Gen 4:4 Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat. And the LORD respected Abel and his offering,

Gen 4:5 but He did not respect Cain and his offering. And Cain was very angry, and his countenance fell.

We know that God clearly spoke to each man. Again we have this declared by Scripture. For Scripture tells us that Abel was the first prophet, and we are given an insight into the conversation that God had with Cain.

Think about what it means that God leave man without excuse concerning Cain and Abel.

2011/6/22 10:03Profile
Julius21

Re:

God reaching out and extending Himself to Cain, agrees with these two verses.

Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men (including Cain).

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men (including Cain) to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

What a comfort for us to know that we all have a chance, an invitation from God.

2011/6/22 11:44Profile
rbanks

Re:

I notice something in Genesis 4:2 (KJV) And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Then look at Genesis 4:5 (KJV) But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

Then notice Genesis 4:8 (KJV) And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

It seems obvious to me that Cain was jealous of his brother being accepted of God and Him not being accepted because He didn’t bring the right offering.

This same jealousy is with us today. The fact was not that Abel was more accepted because he was a keeper of sheep and Cain was not because he was a tiller of the ground. Cain could have bought a lamb for an offering from his job as being a tiller of the ground. If Abel had of been a tiller of the ground I believe he would have still done what God required. Faith is no good unless it is based on the word of God.

The fact that people are jealous over the favor on God’s people that are really being blessed today is only because they are not enjoying the favor of God because of their disobedience and lack of faith in the promises of God.

Blessings to all!

2011/6/22 12:49Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
The fact that people are jealous over the favor on God’s people that are really being blessed today is only because they are not enjoying the favor of God because of their disobedience and lack of faith in the promises of God.

This outcome is a result of this precept which God established in Genesis 3:15...

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her Seed; He shall bruise your head, And you shall bruise His heel."

Jhn 15:18 "If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before [it hated] you.

2011/6/23 7:07Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy