· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

My Teacher; John 14:16-17 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

How he manifests Himself to us; John 14:23-26 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me. These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you. But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

His labor in me makes me pleasing to God our Father;

Colossians 1:27-29 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

I am pleasing to God the Father because He is pleasing to the Father; Mt 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mt 17:5 While he yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye him.
Mr 1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
Mr 9:7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Lu 3:22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.
Lu 9:35 And there came a voice out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.
Lu 20:13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I do? I will send my beloved son: it may be they will reverence him when they see him.

He, Jesus Christ is my all and in all I do. The Holy Spirit teaches us this.

2 Peter 1:18-21 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

As it is today, the Parakleet Teacher Holy Spirit who reveals all things that Jesus said and even things we don't understand.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/9/2 12:34Profile
rookie

Re:

Phillip wrote:

"His labor in me makes me pleasing to God our Father;"

and

"I am pleasing to God the Father because He is pleasing to the Father; Mt 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased."

This view does not seem to be in line with Scripture, for we have this testimony of Christ to the Ephesian church...

Rev 2:4 "Nevertheless I have [this] against you, that you have left your first love.

Rev 2:5 "Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place--unless you repent.

And Paul's testimony to these churches...

2Cr 6:11 O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open.
2Cr 6:12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your [own] affections.
2Cr 6:13 Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.
2Cr 6:14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
2Cr 6:15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?
2Cr 6:16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you [fn] are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them And walk among [them]. I will be their God, And they shall be My people." [fn]
2Cr 6:17 Therefore "Come out from among them And be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, And I will receive you." [fn]

and...

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, [fn] before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you [fn] as crucified?
Gal 3:2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

These churches received the same gospel, yet they have strayed, is it Christ's fault that they are not pleasing to God the Father?

Jer 15:16 Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.

2011/9/6 13:30Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Gal 3:1 O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you that you should not obey the truth, [fn] before whose eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed among you [fn] as crucified?
Gal 3:2 This only I want to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?
Gal 3:3 Are you so foolish? Having begun in the Spirit, are you now being made perfect by the flesh?

These foolish Galatians were listening to the circumcission and being tempted by the Law to go back into bondage.

Paul is admonishing them that they might not be carried away by the temptation of the flesh to make works their salvation and not Grace.

Of course this is not the fault of Jesus Christ, that is why Paul is admonishing these foolish Galatians, they must return to their first love, which is "Christ in you the Hope of Glory".

2011/9/6 15:20Profile
mikey2

Re:

Phillip,

Of all your posts that I have read, the picture that I get of you (and please don't take this the wrong way), is that Jesus Christ inhabits you by His Spirit and does everything for you and there is really nothing for you to do.

Is this correct?

You say, "I am pleasing to God the Father because He is pleasing to the Father;"

Do you not think that God the Father still sees you and your individuality and whether you are loving His Son by your various actions?

Do you see that you have a part to play? If you do, how would you articulate what your responsibility is, in this daily walk with Jesus?

Maybe this could be an opportunity to clarify yourself, because it seems to me, at least, that Jesus just occupies you like a ghost and then you are not responsible for anything and Jesus just does it all for you.

Let me know where I am offbase and interpreting your posts, wrongly.

Mike

2011/9/6 18:35Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Colossians 1:28-29 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

This is my labor, striving according to His working, which workfare in me mightily. If my labor is my own works to make me pleasing to God, I am lost. If my labor is according to His works in me, to God that is the perfection God sees. "Every man perfect in Christ". Without Christ I am nothing, with Christ in me I am a son of God our Father.

Milky wrote, Quote:

"""Phillip,

Of all your posts that I have read, the picture that I get of you (and please don't take this the wrong way), is that Jesus Christ inhabits you by His Spirit and does everything for you and there is really nothing for you to do."""

What a complement, Thank you.

Ro 8:37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Ro 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.
2Co 4:15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

May my works never be of myself, but always in all things may the works I do be through the works He does in me. "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who liveth in me". The life I now live I live by the faith of the Son of God."

What works would you have me do to be pleasing to the Father?

2011/9/6 19:19Profile
rookie

Re:

Phillip wrote:

"These foolish Galatians were listening to the circumcission and being tempted by the Law to go back into bondage."

According to Paul they had the mind of Christ, so why did they stumble?

Jer 15:16 Your words were found, and I ate them, And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts.

2011/9/6 20:54Profile
sarahsdream

Re:

They were subtly deceived in believing another gospel when they thought it was the Gospel.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

They received a spirit of legalism, rejoicing in it and thinking it was the same thing as the spirit of liberty.

In Christ,
Sarah

2011/9/6 23:22Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Galatians 4:21-31 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all. For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband. Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

The Law is the hardest thing our minds must get around, we have lived all our lives under Law, and we don't know how to accept freedom and Grace, That is what is missing in the Galatians, even when they have the mind of Christ, they don't know how to be free.

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Not only to the things of this world but to the bondage of the Law, which Christ has set us free by His finished work on the Cross, no more bondage.

We must learn that we have the Mind of Christ and by faith act upon our renewed minds to the Mind of Christ.

Ro 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Ro 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
1Co 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.
1Co 2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
Php 1:27 Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
1Pe 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

Is He revealed to you by the revealer?

Mt 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Lu 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal.

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
Joh 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

2011/9/6 23:34Profile
rookie

Re:

"by sarahsdream on 2011/9/6 17:22:50

They were subtly deceived in believing another gospel when they thought it was the Gospel.

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. "

In the Scripture above, who was responsible for deceiving those who had received the Holy Spirit?

2011/9/7 7:12Profile
rookie

Re:

Phillip wrote...

"Not only to the things of this world but to the bondage of the Law, which Christ has set us free by His finished work on the Cross, no more bondage.

We must learn that we have the Mind of Christ and by faith act upon our renewed minds to the Mind of Christ"

With all the Scripture and what you said above...what is the bottom line problem that led to the Galatian church problem?

2011/9/7 10:09Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy