· Text Sermons
    Christian Books
    Online Bibles
· Video Sermons
· Vintage Images
· Discussion Forum
· Help Support
· Contact Us

Share SI with others - Add a website link or image banner on your website or blog.

Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 Next Page )
PosterThread
rookie

Re:

Quote:
Before traveling down to Egypt, Abraham did not realize what God's promise would mean to him. Afterward, God demonstrated His faithfulness to His word. We as Abraham saw that God cursed Pharaoh for Abraham's wellfare. So we see that God works in the situations that we find ourselves in to demonstrate His faithfulness to His word.

The book of Psalms are a collection of songs that the Lord has given to man. This particular song reflects the experience of Abraham as well as others who have called on the name of the Lord in every generation....

Psa 37:1 [A Psalm] of David. Do not fret because of evildoers, Nor be envious of the workers of iniquity.

Psa 37:2 For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, And wither as the green herb.

Psa 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

Psa 37:4 Delight yourself also in the LORD, And He shall give you the desires of your heart.

Psa 37:5 Commit your way to the LORD, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring [it] to pass.

Psa 37:6 He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light, And your justice as the noonday.

Psa 37:7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him; Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way, Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.

Psa 37:8 Cease from anger, and forsake wrath; Do not fret--[it] only [causes] harm.

As we read of Abraham's experience with God we to should also learn to "feed on His faithfulness. And the word of God, the Holy Scriptures are given to us that we might begin to recognize God's hand in the every day experiences of those who believe.

Psa 37:3 Trust in the LORD, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.

2011/7/9 7:10Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """But you have not yet answered the question...who was David's Lord? And by what means did David's Lord have a relationship with David?"""

It was not Jesus in the flesh, or the resurrected Christ. It was not Jesus Christ born again in him. That leaves God speaking prophetically through the Holy Spirit.
"The lord said to my lord", which no one understood until Jesus explained it, Him being the Lord spoken to by the Lord.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/7/9 19:14Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
It was not Jesus in the flesh, or the resurrected Christ. It was not Jesus Christ born again in him. That leaves God speaking prophetically through the Holy Spirit.
"The lord said to my lord", which no one understood until Jesus explained it, Him being the Lord spoken to by the Lord.

The Scriptures says that David did understand. I have heard many say the same as you. But what do the Scriptures say of David's understanding...

Act 2:30 "Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, [fn]

Act 2:31 "he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption.

God revealed this truth to David. And the Scriptures continue...

Act 2:34 "For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand,

Act 2:35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool." ' [fn]

David calls Jesus Lord....

Luk 20:44 "Therefore David calls Him 'Lord'; how is He then his Son?"

In your post, it seems you do not believe in a triune God? Is this true?

2011/7/9 20:04Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

David knew as all Israel knew, there was a Messiah to come. They did not know He would be a Son of Gods own being by the Spirit.

They knew according to the flesh. Not as Paul knew the mystery, which we will all be judged by, what is that mystery? Christ in you the hope of Glory. David did not know it or anyone else until it was revealed to Paul.

Romans 2:16 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.

David could not have known what Paul knew about the Christ that was to be Savior of the world.

In Christ is the mystery and this final Gospel, Christ in you the Hope of Glory is what we will be judged by.

1 Timothy 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Galatians 1:15-16 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

This is the Grace given to Paul that He might give it to the Church, the Body of Christ.

Ephesians 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

David believed according to the flesh, Paul believed according to the Spirit. David did understand according to the flesh, David did not understand that the Messiah would be Gods own Son who would be the life of every believer, "The Mystery", Paul's Gospel, by which we will be judged in the secret places of our hearts.

Romans 2:14-17 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another;) In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,

As a Jew or Gentile, I don't want to be tested by the Law, Paul says it killed him.

There is only life in Christ, the mystery that was hidden from all eternity until it was revealed to Paul. David did not know the Christ would be his life, he did believe God and in the Messiah.

New covenant: Christ in you the Hope of glory.

Galatians 2:16-20 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Colossians 1:26-28 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

If there is anything man can do to make his chances with God good enough to obtain salvation and sonship, then Christ died in vain.

2011/7/9 22:23Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
David knew as all Israel knew, there was a Messiah to come. They did not know He would be a Son of Gods own being by the Spirit.

They knew according to the flesh.

These are David's last words...

2Sa 23:2 "The Spirit of the LORD spoke by me, And His word [was] on my tongue.

2Sa 23:3 The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me: 'He who rules over men [must be] just, Ruling in the fear of God.

2Sa 23:4 And [he shall be] like the light of the morning [when] the sun rises, A morning without clouds, [Like] the tender grass [springing] out of the earth, By clear shining after rain.'

2Sa 23:5 "Although my house [is] not so with God, Yet He has made with me an everlasting covenant, Ordered in all [things] and secure. For [this is] all my salvation and all [my] desire; Will He not make [it] increase?

Who spoke to David and by what means did David know what to speak?

2011/7/10 7:13Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """
Who spoke to David and by what means did David know what to speak?"""

The Spirit of God spoke to David, not the Spirit of Christ as with Paul, or the revelation that Christ was in him.

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Translated: meqisthmi methistemi meth-is'-tay-mee or methistano meth-is-tan'-o (1 Cor. 13:2)
from 3326 and 2476; to transfer, i.e. carry away, depose or (figuratively) exchange, seduce:--put out, remove, translate, turn away.

This is Pauls message of the mystery, "Christ in you the hope of Glory". This did not happen to David. Christ was not revealed in David, The Spirit of God gave him promise that Christ would be of his seed, as with Abraham, but not seeds, concretely Seed, which is Christ.

Galatians 1:13-16 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers. But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:

Before Paul was called he was probably the most educated man in the Bible, save Dr. Luke possibly.

Paul came to count all that he was as dung, for the surpassing knowledge of The Christ in him.

Philippians 3:2-12 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead. Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

This is not David's style, Paul knew He was apprehended of Christ Jesus, taken eagerly, Possessed, -apprehend, attained, come upon, comprehend and understood, found, obtained, perceived, (over-)taken on the Road, knocked off his horse, spoken to out of the Mouth of Jesus, blinded and shown what Paul would be to the body Christ, The Church. This did not happen to David, although he had the promise of God that this would happen in Christ, There is no life in what David did, there is life in what Paul preaches, as always in all his epistles, in Christ, Christ in you, spoken of by Paul in all his writings and revealed to all that hear by the Holy Spirit.

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

But Paul would go and we who are saved will hear; Acts 28:27-31 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them. Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, and had great reasoning among themselves. And Paul dwelt two whole years in his own hired house, and received all that came in unto him, Preaching the kingdom of God, and teaching those things which concern the Lord Jesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

John 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

John 14:19-20 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

Has that day come to those that believe, "Jesus Christ is the Son of God"? Resounding YES!!!

2011/7/10 19:31Profile

Re: Did David Prophesy?

[eta] - Rookie asked - "Who spoke to David and by what means did David know what to speak?"

1Pe 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1Pe 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time *the Spirit of Christ which was in them* did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

2011/7/10 23:07
Christinyou

Ca.

Re: Did David Prophesy?

1 Peter 1:9-13 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls. Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you: Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

We must finish;

Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

"The revelation of Christ" To whom was it revealed?

Galatians 1:15-24 But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, ((((To reveal his Son in me,)))) that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days. But other of the apostles saw I none, save James the Lord's brother. Now the things which I write unto you, behold, before God, I lie not. Afterwards I came into the regions of Syria and Cilicia; And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ: But they had heard only, That he which persecuted us in times past now preacheth the faith which once he destroyed. And they glorified God in me.

The Mystery; "To reveal His Son in me"; The mystery which was not revealed before it was given to Paul by Christ Himself.

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Ephesians 1:4-6 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Who is the hidden manna?

Colossians 1:26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

It is no longer Paul who is life in him, but Pauls death was on the Cross with Christ, and His life in now by the Faith of the Son of God.

Galatians 2:14-21 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

2011/7/11 0:10Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
The Spirit of God spoke to David, not the Spirit of Christ as with Paul, or the revelation that Christ was in him.

2Sa 23:2 "The Spirit of the LORD spoke by me, And His word [was] on my tongue.

2Sa 23:3 The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me: 'He who rules over men [must be] just, Ruling in the fear of God.

Paul identifies who spoke to David in this section of Scripture....

1Cr 10:4 and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them, and that Rock was Christ.

1Cr 10:9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;

Do you believe Paul when he declared that Christ was the Rock of Israel and that the Spirit of the Lord was given to Israel first?

2011/7/11 7:18Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote: """Do you believe Paul when he declared that Christ was the Rock of Israel and that the Spirit of the Lord was given to Israel first?"""

No, not as the Holy Spirit at Pentecost, lest why would Jesus ask God the Father to send another Comforter? Jesus Christ is the Rock of our Salvation. That is why Moses was chastened when he struck the rock for the water of life, instead of speaking to the Rock. Not even Moses knew Christ as we know Him now. He is in us and not with us, as the Father also makes His abode and the Holy Spirit Another Comforter are in us forever. "New Creatures"

Israel has always had the Spirit of the Lord, but they denied Jesus Christ and The Spirit of the Lord who was ((with)) them, not in them as we now have The Holy Spirit (((in))) us forever.

2011/7/11 15:56Profile

©2002-2014 SermonIndex.net Audio Sermons | Google+
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival. | Privacy Policy