SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Joplin , MO, takes a big hit by a tornado

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Why would we want to blame God for destroying a place and people for something Obama did.

There is a similar story in the Scriptures.

Remember when King Herod ordered all children below the ages of 2 killed after the wise men failed to show up after finding Jesus? This never did make sense to me. These people were not responsible for that Herod or the wise man did. Or, even responsible for Jesus' conception and birth.

Some things just fail to make a whole lot of sense...and such is life. In my opinion it just demonstrates that God's ways are not like ours. And I am content to leave it at that. Actually, many times I will later see the wisdom at work in things unreasonable...And even if I don't, I just know God is in control, still.

2011/5/23 21:40Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
Remember when King Herod ordered all children below the ages of 2 killed

Yes King Herod and not God. There is a big difference.

Your'e sounding like a (fill in the blank)because they blame God for every calamity.

Blessings to you!

2011/5/23 22:01Profile
rbanks

Re:

Dear sister Lisa,

Please don’t think for one minute that I believe that the Jews should have to suffer and I get out scotch free. The word of God tells us that through much tribulation shall we all have to come through before we enter into the kingdom of God as we live on this earth.

Some Christians have suffered greatly and they will reign with Christ. God does not want His people to be condemned with the world that has rejected Christ.

It is very obvious when we read Matthew 24 that Jesus is mainly talking about His own people the Jewish nation that did not receive Him as the Messiah and he even wept over this greatly because He loves Israel with an everlasting love and does not want them to perish. He was talking to his disciples who were with Him comforting them that he would be faithful to them no matter how great the tribulation.

The great tribulation is God’s final act on this earth of trying to save Israel from total destruction from the presence of the Lord. God still wants Israel to repent and to come to the knowledge of the truth. The new Israel of God will reign with Christ. This is made up of Jews and Gentiles who are saved by the grace of God in Christ. God puts no difference between the Jews and Gentiles who have been born of God because He hung on the cross for us both

The bible says that judgment must begin at the house of God. He also said that He came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel first before he went to the Gentiles. I believe when he makes his final sweep of the endtime harvest with the final great tribulation he will begin with His chosen people Israel not because he doesn’t love them but because he wants them to have one final opportunity to except him and be saved. He said all Israel that are truly Israel will be saved.

Known to God are all His works from eternity past to eternity future. God knows the end from the beginning and how fortunate and blessed we are to have a part with Christ. Praise God- Christ is all in all!

Sister I don’t know what is going to happen tomorrow but praise God I know who holds tomorrow and I know who holds me through what ever I have to endure. I don’t know when Christ will come for his church but I know Christ lives in me.

1 John 3:1-3 (KJV) 1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

All I know is that God has not appointed me to wrath but to obtain salvation in the Son so therefore I am pre-wrath and I know it will all pan out in the Son. God has already poured out his wrath on his Son one time on the cross and he will never do it again. Praise the Lord Jesus Christ.

Blessings to you!

2011/5/23 22:03Profile

Re:

Not that I believe that BO had anything to do to cause this, there is an even more applicable account of David making a bad decision and costing 70,000 of his own people to die in at the hand of God in 1 Chronicles 21.

Remember this all who think the end-times dying is reserved for the Jew, when Christ came the first time it was the Jewish church charged with bearing His name that was in total apostasy; for that most died in Jerusalem. When Christ comes the second time it is the Gentile church charged with bearing His name that will be in total apostasy, for that it is not the Jew that dies. How close are we to that? Very close by all accounts.

These are not necessarily particular judgments on particular people, these are birth pains of the coming of the Messiah, and these are sent from God and God alone.

Why then does anyone think any city is not deserving of what Joplin has received? These are sent to cause us all to consider our ways...

OJ

2011/5/23 22:09
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
Yes King Herod and not God. There is a big difference.

No one is blaming God rbanks.

Though He slay me yet will I trust in Him. Job 13:15

Joh 19:11 Jesus answered, Thou couldest have no power at all against me, except it were given thee from above: therefore he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin.

2011/5/23 22:10Profile
mackaymarsh

Re: Fulfilling prophecy

(EDIT to include quote:

Quote:
by rbanks on 2011/5/23 19:01:52
Quote:
Remember when King Herod ordered all children below the ages of 2 killed

Yes King Herod and not God. There is a big difference. Your'e sounding like a (fill in the blank)because they blame God for every calamity. Blessings to you!

Yes, but even the killing of these children in Bethlehem was a fulfillment of prophecy was it not?

Wayne

2011/5/23 22:15Profile
rbanks

Re: Fulfilling prophecy

2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (KJV) 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

2011/5/23 22:17Profile
rbanks

Re:

Brethren,

Be assured of this one thing God will never do anything to grieve His own Spirit. Think about this and be not unwise but understanding what the will of the lord is.

Grace to you all!

2011/5/23 22:20Profile
mackaymarsh

Please explain

Quote:
by rbanks on 2011/5/23 19:17:57 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (KJV) 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Would you please explain yourself?
God bless you,
Wayne

2011/5/23 22:25Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
Yes, but even the killing of these children in Bethlehem was a fulfillment of prophecy was it not?

There are some prophesies Jesus and his people fulfilled and there are some prophesies Satan and his people fulfilled.

We need wisdom to know the difference.

Blessings!

2011/5/23 22:27Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy