SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Joplin , MO, takes a big hit by a tornado

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Alright, let me get this straight: Obama messes with Israel...so God kills himself a few dozen Missouriites? THAT God, dear friend, belongs atop Mt. Olympus or in some heathen Cannanite temple. One thing is for sure, He is NOT the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Can someone, ANYONE, cite me ONE New Testament example of God dealing with masses of people in this way? Some may point to the destruction of Jerusalem in AD 70, but Christ stated that He desired to protect them from this, but that they wouldn't let Him. There are cases of individual men and women being dealt with thusly (Ananias & Sapphia, Herod, etc...), but no examples of masses of human beings being treated to a steamy plate of wrath all at the same time.

JEREMIAH 31:29-31:
29 “In those days people will no longer say,
   ‘The fathers have eaten sour grapes,
   and the children’s teeth are set on edge.’
 30 Instead, everyone will die for his own sin; whoever eats sour grapes—his own teeth will be set on edge.
31 “The time is coming,” declares the LORD,
   “when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
   and with the house of Judah.

The prophecy of Jeremiah is clear, in the New Covenant era, God is not dealing with man as an impersonal blob, treating one man's sin as the others. Instead the scripture says that man is dealt with on an individual basis. To lump all of Joplin together because of Obama's foolishness or because of its abortion industry is absurd and anti-scriptural. That notion of God is Greek and pagan, and MUST be shed...but can only be done when we have truly encountered the Cross and witnessed the weight of wrath which Christ bore. Peace and blessings.

2011/5/23 18:37Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

FireinmyBones,

Do you also believe in pre-trib?

2011/5/23 18:38Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

No, but I believe the Church, as Israel in Egypt, will not participate in the wrath of God. This is typified by the cup of wrath in the Passover Seder.

2011/5/23 18:45Profile
rbanks

Re:

Thanks you for your posts fireinmybones,

I am pre-wrath just in case anyone wants to know.

I believe when we condemn others we are condemning ourselves.

I believe we are living in the days of grace and wrath is being stored up for the judgement day against all ungodliness and those in Christ Jesus will be delivered from the wrath to come.

Jesus told Peter that he didn't come to destroy men's lives but to save them.

Blessings to all!

2011/5/23 18:49Profile

Re:

Quote:
I did just that. I said to that storm "In Jesus name, I take authority over you storm! In Jesus name, I command your destructive force to cease and dissipated. No you will not cause any damage to my property or family or county, in Jesus Holy name".

I tell you what, you keep taking authority like that over all those storms and you are going to destroy the whole country. But I guess it doesn't matter all that much as long as your stuff is safe.

OJ

2011/5/23 19:00
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

2011/5/23 19:11Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

End-times and tornadoes?

End-times and tornadoes?

.\
...\
.....\
.......\
.........\
Leans heavily toward post-trib, but if I die tomorrow who cares? Not me!!

Edited to add:

Quote:
Jesus told Peter that he didn't come to destroy men's lives but to save them.

I know we disagree on the end times (one of the few things!), but to believe in the post-trib doesn't mean I believe in Him destroying men's lives... anyway, using that for the end times can be used the other way as well. He's going to be destroy's the Jew's lives in pre-trib... (with love I ask), so it's ok to destroy just the Jews then as long as we get out of here? I'm sorry but to me pre-trib is antisemitic through and through... BUT!!!!

...That is just my opinion, leave it, it's ok!

God bless you brother!!
Your sister in Christ,
Lisa

2011/5/23 19:20Profile
FireinmyBones1

Michigan

Re:

Regardless of ones eschatology, our understanding of the atonement is central to our understanding of God's wrath in the New Covenant era.

2011/5/23 19:27Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

I think it's important to remember that after Jesus told His disciples about the last days and wars and earthquakes and all kinds of peril that comes on the earth, He simply said, "behold, I have told you before." He didn't say they would understand why these things had come, He just wanted them to not be scared when they did.

In Christ,

Ron

2011/5/23 19:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Interesting, Abideinhim.

One thing destructive storms does is make people think of their own mortality and their relationship with God. Eschatology does not even factor in when you experience the howling wind and flying metal or see houses, buildings torn us and trees uprooted....

One of our customers told us how seeing the storms that wrecked havoc in MS and AL made him think of God when up to this point he did not think a whole lot about it. In God's economy no events will go to waste - this is part of his creative nature. Let us take a long look and see if God will not get some honor and glory from it all.

2011/5/23 19:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy