SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 'Philadelphia 11' fighting PA "hate crimes" law

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 'Philadelphia 11' fighting PA "hate crimes" law

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

Attorneys for 11 Philadelphia-area Christians arrested and charged with felonies after protesting at a homosexual event will announce new developments in the case tomorrow and will show a videotape of the controversial arrests.

As WorldNetDaily reported, on October 10, the group was "preaching God's Word" to the crowd of people attending the outdoor Philadelphia OutFest event and displaying banners with biblical messages.

After a confrontation with a group called the Pink Angels, which was described by protesters as "a militant mob of homosexuals," the eleven Christians were arrested and spent a night in jail.

Eight charges were filed against them, including three felonies and five misdemeanors. The charges were: criminal conspiracy, possession of instruments of crime, reckless endangerment of another person, ethnic intimidation, riot, failure to disperse, disorderly conduct, and obstructing highways.

The ethnic intimidation charge stems from Pennsylvania's "hate crimes" law – to which the newest "victim" category of "sexual orientation" was recently added. The protesters say a Philadelphia police officer told them that because they were on a public sidewalk they were permitted to move freely through the event. A few minutes later, however, they were arrested and removed.

2004/12/1 21:32Profile
RobbieMcGee

Re: 'Philadelphia 11' fighting PA "hate crimes" law

It is getting rough. A local pastor here got put on one of the homosexuals lists that they keep of so-called "hatemongers" preachers. He seems to think that the list only serves the purpose that if and when they set a federal banning speaking against homosexuals, they can go to the churchs and start arresting Christians for "hate crimes". Its getting bad, I was talking about it to an older friend from my B.C.(before Christ) days and I did not know that the girl he had married was a "bisexual" and she just about tore into me calling me a homophobe and whatnots. I stood my ground though and it come out that my friend agreed with me on the fact of it being an abomination. She didnt have much to say after that.
Has anyone seen the program called "A Nation Adrift?" Its a really good program on the christian basis and heritage of USA and towards the end it shows actualy video clips of a homosexual organization rioting and trying to tear into a church that had spoke out against homosexuality. They were assaulting people who were trying to come to the church for the morning service and for the ones who were locked inside the church the group started screaming and chanting "WE WANT YOUR CHILDREN, GIVE US YOUR CHILDREN!"
Yes its getting bad.

2004/12/2 6:43Profile

Re: "It is getting rough"? "Its getting bad"?

In all due respect, no sir! Its just getting good.

Think about this, to get tossed in the clink for Jesus? To suffer for the Name?

"well Neil, you wouldn't be rejoicing when they were fingerprinting you".

Probably not, but I would be praying in the Spirit that He'd fill me so full of the Spirit, that at midnight I'd be singing, "Here I am to worship" in that cell.

2004/12/2 9:31
KeithLaMothe

Re:

I'd probably have a kind of joy while being fingerprinted if I knew that I was being arrested for serving the Lord (rather than doing something that deserved being arrested).

In some ways, the faster all this falls down, the better. It'll be a chaotic period, but eventually (if it's not the very end) the Church will rise from the ashes and, by God's grace, reestablish order, if that's what God wants.

But it would grieve me very much if our nation(s) finally proved incapable of properly using and being thankful for the myriad gifts that God has given us, that we could not simply live obediantly as children of God in this near-Paradise that He's given us (Paradise because that's what it would be if we obeyed Him, near because there would still be lingering problems). If we're really headed that way, soon, then I cannot morally try to raise a family, what would I be getting them into? Woe unto them that are bearing or nursing children in those days...

We'll see if maybe God has restored some moral sanity to (some of) the people of the U.S., or if we're in our final decline.

May the Lord have mercy upon us all... and may His will be done.

2004/12/2 11:19Profile
dougkristen

Re:

We need to pray for one of people who were arrested.

Beverly Murch, a mother of 9 children who has a family evangelism ministry. Her daughter was also arrested as well.

Go to:

http://www.fullquivermission.com/

She was recently diagnosed with Cancer.

Grace,
Doug

2004/12/2 11:53Profile
dohzman

Re: Watch what God does in 2005

Gen 19:10-11 And they smote the men that were ta the door of the house with blindness, both small and great: so that they wearied themselves to find the door. There's something very big God about to do in the land, time to look up.

2004/12/2 19:47Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re:

Small correction....

Beverly Murch was not arrested but her daughter Lauren was.

I was one of the group also.

[url=www.lifeandlibertyministries.com]Life and Liberty Ministries[/url]

2004/12/3 21:46Profile
Denny

Virginia

Re: Emergency Complaint filed in Federal Court

Read the Emergency Complaint that was just filed in Federal Court

[url=http://www.repentamerica.com/images/OutFest.PDF]http://www.repentamerica.com/images/OutFest.PDF[/url]

2004/12/4 21:27Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Denny,

What can we do to support you? Would you like us to come support you at the trial?

Grace,
Doug

2004/12/4 22:19Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

Brother Denny,

Yes, please let us know. I will be in Philadelphia from Monday until Thursday morning. Not sure if you'll be there or in VA but feel free to ask and I'll certainly do what I csn.

I won't have email access during the trip though so if there's something feel free to ask, just ask quickly. :-)

2004/12/4 22:32Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy