SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Deconversion: I can't say this guy is lying.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: "JIG"

Quote:
Did you read the 14 page thread from December and the repeat of the accusations against GOD that come out of this man, Neil?

no......i believe i was doing something God honoring, like loving my family during the holiday season.

Quote:
The Church needs Discernment.

wrong, the Church needs Love....Humility, Grace, Mercy, a Baptism of the Holy Ghost...and then more Love.

oh my, i just read thru the rest of your post, and its not even worth it to argue, or fuss with you.

SIX, count them, six times you use the word "discernment"
three times you use the word "defiled".

no Jesus, no "love", no "mercy".

and then, you write this line, which is YOUR OPINION:

Quote:
Earlier I wrote that "human" compassion "kills" and you can believe that.
Human compassion is "pride" working through a person who desires to be the hero who will save the wrangler.

chapter and verse,please.

wooo! the hardheartedness just takes my breath away.

i'm gonna ask you a question; shortest verse in the Bible:

"Jesus wept".

why did He weep?

why?

2011/5/9 17:02

Re:

Jud 1:3 Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jud 1:4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.
Jud 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.
Jud 1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Jud 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
Jud 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
Jud 1:11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
Jud 1:12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
Jud 1:13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.
Jud 1:14 And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
Jud 1:15 To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
Jud 1:16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.
Jud 1:17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Jud 1:18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
Jud 1:19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Jud 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,
Jud 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jud 1:22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:
Jud 1:23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
Jud 1:24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,
Jud 1:25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

2011/5/9 17:11

Re:

i guess you cant or wont answer my simple question.

maybe Gandhi was right....too bad, i thought we were sposed to be a "peculiar people"...radical in love, mercy, charity, hope and Faith. i thought the gentiles were sposed to say, "look how they love one another".

this is just sad.

2011/5/9 17:31
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re:

Quote:
CyAn wrote:
I watched/listened to the first 3 parts. The first video uses a young teen's voice and the others use a grown man's voice.

Please listen again; it was the same voice in all four. There was nothing deceitful. It takes him a few months in between videos to make them.

Quote:
Natan4Jesus wrote:
you know....no wonder the young man in the video's, or maybe codek, are hesitant to REALLY unburden whats on their hearts.

they're afraid of the FRIENDS OF JOB, the censure, the rebukes, the assumptions, even to the point of judging the VOICE of the young man and making the implication he "might" be into homosexuality.

Exactly, brother. It's quite a shame.

Quote:
lylewise wrote:
I appreciate all the post but I'm grieved a little when it gets intense between between postings. To hear some of what has been said by those I deeply respect.

So am I, brother; thank you for posting your heart.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/5/9 17:31Profile

Re: Discernment

Praying for The Church to have Discernment when they "counsel". Amen, and Amen!

2Ti 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Ti 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Ti 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Ti 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Ti 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Ti 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2Ti 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
2Ti 3:9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
2Ti 3:10 But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,
2Ti 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
2Ti 3:13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

Mat 24:10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
Mat 24:11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
Mat 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

2011/5/9 17:49

Re:

Quote:
"The only time you can say 'Christ is all I need' is when Christ is all you have." - Leonard Ravenhill

That's a great quote but I just can't trust it. So is the perfect christian life a life where you ONLY SUFFER. Cause that's the way it's looking to me now.

If it is that way, why does God even talk about marriage and why did some people in the bible get blessed. If what is best for us is just suffering, why not be the ultimate sufferer?

Have only Jesus in our life, lose everything, have no friends, no wife, no nothing, suffer and die.

2011/5/9 20:26
MaryJane

Re:

Codek

Quote:
That's a great quote but I just can't trust it. So is the perfect christian life a life where you ONLY SUFFER. Cause that's the way it's looking to me now.

We are told in the Word to take up our cross daily and follow Jesus. There is unspeakable joy in following Jesus even if you do loose everything in this life, because we have JESUS HIMSELF! For someone who loves the LORD with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength the pain of loosing our life in this world is bearable because we know that we will have eternity with HIM. Jesus did say that it would cost you everything to follow HIM. I think for many of us here we just realize that following Jesus is worth it no matter what...how about you? Some do count the cost, like the rich young ruler and they walk away because they love this world more then they do JESUS.

mj

2011/5/9 20:49Profile

Re: Deconversion: I can't say this guy is lying.

Hi codek,

Slowly, over the weeks, from various things you've posted, I've gained the impression you grew up in a variety of prosperity gospel / American Dream kind of churches, not realising that you were being taught a complicated lie about God's priorities and nature. I have a friend that this happened to, who also has this feeling of being made to 'suffer' beyond what is reasonable, every day, who still does not find peace in a biblcal gospel.

At the beginning of 1 Peter 4, he says 'he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin', and he's talking about live people. Normally, when we say that a person's suffering is over, we mean they have died.

Realistically, this IS the solution the Bible offers - to sink into the death of Christ - to end all our woes. It seems terribly harsh at the time, if we do not yet see how reasonable a solution to sin God finds it. Indeed, He recommends it. But until we are sick of ourselves, our sin, our everything, it's spectacularly unappealing to die.

I hope you realise I'm talking about becoming identified with Christ's death through a spiritual miracle. By another spiritual miracle, we become identified with His life, and nothing ever seems quite so bad again - but don't take that as a synonym for 'easy'. People who have come to the cross of Christ find it is the backbone of their new life in Him. Without it, they are sickly.

2011/5/9 21:05

Re:

that was a very good, very appropriate word, Linn. well spoke.

thats Kingdom speech, loving measured gentle.

tell me about a King, where a prostitute washes His feet with her tears and hair, out of relief, grief, joy, sorrow, thats the King i follow.

i wish people would stop trying to be Paul and just get low, coz none of us is Paul....but i sure like what you wrote to our codek, God the Holy Ghost is just gonna ring his bell, wish i could be there. Thats why i'm praising God, codek aint going nowwhere, he's going back to Jesus, and i shout HalleLuYah, knowing that.

i hope you hear me codek, Jesus will not let you go, you know it and i know it, love you....you're gonna get a job, you're gonna get shalom,you just got to believe bro.....coz Jesus has you anyway.

2011/5/9 22:26

Re:

Quote:
Slowly, over the weeks, from various things you've posted, I've gained the impression you grew up in a variety of prosperity gospel / American Dream kind of churches, not realising that you were being taught a complicated lie about God's priorities and nature. I have a friend that this happened to, who also has this feeling of being made to 'suffer' beyond what is reasonable, every day, who still does not find peace in a biblcal gospel. At the beginning of 1 Peter 4, he says 'he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin', and he's talking about live people. Normally, when we say that a person's suffering is over, we mean they have died. Realistically, this IS the solution the Bible offers - to sink into the death of Christ - to end all our woes. It seems terribly harsh at the time, if we do not yet see how reasonable a solution to sin God finds it. Indeed, He recommends it. But until we are sick of ourselves, our sin, our everything, it's spectacularly unappealing to die. I hope you realise I'm talking about becoming identified with Christ's death through a spiritual miracle. By another spiritual miracle, we become identified with His life, and nothing ever seems quite so bad again - but don't take that as a synonym for 'easy'. People who have come to the cross of Christ find it is the backbone of their new life in Him. Without it, they are sickly.

Of course, absolutely, I grew up in the modern church where 99% won't make it. Most christians are taught this. And yes the modern church teaches a prosperity gospel which is a tamer version of the joel osteen variety. How else will they fill their pews? They have to lie knowingly or unknowingly.

And a wise man told me once that Jesus did not come to heal our sickness, he came to heal our sinful nature. I'm slowly beginning to realize that fact. I'm figuring out what the true gospel is but it won't happen overnight.

You guys have to realize that I'm not of the same variety as the people here. If you guys are NBA pro's, I'm still a high school bball player.

And right now I'm not saying give me this or that but I'm saying don't obliterate everything and make me suffer(this is beyond what most of you guys are facing here, I only know this because most people are not as distraught as I am right now.)

I really, really don't care if I live another day. I only fear hell and God.

Do you guys know what that feels like?

It feels like I have to go to a weekly meeting where one of my body parts gets chopped off of me. I'm not saying this because I want pity. I'm suffering more than normal. That's all I'm saying.

Imagine what has to happen to a person for a person to say "I really, really don't care if I live another day."

Again I must say, I'm not a seasoned pro like most of the people here JUSTAN AVERAGE JOE LUKEWARM WANNABE CHRISTIAN who just realized there is something very wrong here and I'm searching for the truth.

I didn't know what "Christ is all I need" means really. A lot of times it's still very abstract. And the only examples of people that used that saying in my life have been misused it to make themselves look more holy. So I am weary of those phrases.

Thank you, AlivetoGod, I can feel how sincerely feel you care for other christians. I really do mean that.

Real Christianity is serious business. To be a christian, you have to be REALLY willing to die for this. Before I thought that was a cute saying now I'm beginning to realize that it's means what it says.

2011/5/9 22:35

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy