SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Deconversion: I can't say this guy is lying.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Deconversion: I can't say this guy is lying.

I watched/listened to the first 3 parts. The first video uses a young teen's voice and the others use a grown man's voice. This is clearly an ORGANIZED attack on Christianity; that is it's sole purpose. This is not one person's sad tale or search. There is also some indication by video part 3 that someone in the organization confuses Catholicism with Christianity. Additionally, we are never told just HOW the boy in video part 1 came to BE a supposed Christian. Was he simply born into a Christian family? Did he pray a "magic prayer" or answer an "altar call" or make a "decision" for Christ as the Billy Graham movement has falsely taught since the 1950s? Or did he ever have a REAL, life changing encounter with God that changed his heart and mind and resulted in biblical REPENTANCE? The problem is that today people are given a false assurance that they are "now saved" because they prayed a prayer or "asked Jesus into their hearts". These methods are all heresy (i.e false Gospel) and are not taught anywhere in the Bible. Rather, the Gospel is this: REPENT AND BELIEVE in Jesus Christ and you shall be saved. That is, believe He is the Son of God, that He is God in the flesh (God the Son) and that He died for your sins and rose again on the 3rd day, etc. And there is no other.

Alot of people BEGIN this way but then get sucked into a works-based theology; they think they have to keep themselves saved by WORKS and so THAT becomes their real motive for going into ministry, etc and they burn out. In essence they become Marthas, and burn out, when all along the Lord may have been calling them to do nothing more than to come and sit at His feet and be Marys (simply be with Him and learn of Him and minister to Him in prayer). You seem to think this video poster was a real Christian simply because he was in some sort of "ministry" and all. Well there are lots of people in ministry who shouldn't be. God never called them to be. At other times, God only intended for a person to be in a certain role or place for a certain length of time and then He leads or drives them out, when we thought that was where He wanted us. Well it WAS where He wanted me, but only until a certain something was accomplished either in me or in my fellow man.

Lastly, if you have lost almost everything, remember that Job did too. So have I. So have many others. David Brainerd and others come to mind.

2011/5/9 3:31

Re:

Quote:
a777, the reason some of us are not endeavoring to reason with or reach out to codek is because we have had this conversation before and it's the same thing all over again. It's great to see that he is still under the light of truth here and has not completely turned a deaf ear to it. The only thing left for him is what he will do with all that truth that he has been exposed to. JIG, thanks for your encouragement.

Actually Oracio, I have to correct you here. I spoke to two people here on the forum. It's hard to understand where I'm coming from these internet posts. And I even called you out on the last one and all you really did was spit bible verses back at me so I just stopped responding. You were totally off on your remarks on the last thread.

To be frank, I'm not feeling any love from you, just religion and condemnation, basically "an it's all your fault" condemnation. Please excuse how direct I am with this reply but You don't know me.

My impression of you from your posts is that you really don't care about me at all. It seems like you just want to shove more religion down my throat, prove that you are right and show how much you know.

But I won't hold you to my first impression because I don't know you. So until you get to know me, I'm not going to judge. Remember, I offered my number to you if you wanted to talk about my situation. I'm also out in L.A. And you never replied.

I also have a difficulty understanding Christian lingo now. I've been around the church where this lingo was use for manipulation so I now don't trust it. You have to treat me like an almost new believer. That's why you were wrong and a lot of that advice can't help me because I can't understand them CAUSE THEY ARE IN HOLY SPEAK.

All holy speak I thought I knew turned out to be a total sham so now I'm starting over.

2011/5/9 5:31

Re:

Quote:
I watched all four parts, and I have to say, while the guy primarily talks about himself and his "experience", I do applaud him for his sincerity and honesty. That being said. I believe he summed up his entire experience in his last sentence... " I was running to the very thing that was hurting me the most." ...and he's right. Based upon his own words, its clear that he never knew the love of God. Oh he told God that he loved Him, but he never knew and came to a rest in the love that God had for him. So all he had, even with all his wonderful experience, was dead religion. He wasn't running to Jesus. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but he was not. If a man runs to Jesus, his burden is lifted..."Come unto me..." He was running to an idol. A God of conditional love. A God of his own making. One who cannot hear and cannot speak. The most fearful warning in scripture is not in regard to lying, murder, hatred, lust, etc. The most fearful warning in scripture is found in Hebrews 4:1,2: 1Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. 2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it. The most difficult thing for a person to do is to receive the unconditional love of God that is found in Christ.

Exactly, most of us grew up in this phony church. I'm trying to find the real God but it's been so hard and unfruitful that I just would wake up thinking there couldn't be a God if I tried this hard and made no progress but there would be this weird feeling that there had to be a God that keeps me going.

I need to desperately understand God's love. Cause for the most part all I experienced that was suppose to be of Christ was lies, hate, and pain.

I have another reason for this search. Because I believe 99% of the church has no idea who Christ really is and they are going straight to hell. I want to figure this out so the rest of the modern church would know the truth also.

2011/5/9 6:26

Re:

Cyan Wrote: "I watched/listened to the first 3 parts. The first video uses a young teen's voice and the others use a grown man's voice. This is clearly an ORGANIZED attack on Christianity; that is it's sole purpose. This is not one person's sad tale or search."

Yes, "an organized attack" - no different than our impression on this other thread as well ...

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic_id=36760&forum=44&start=0&viewmode=flat&order=0

The Church needs discernment and soon, with how this world is going. Listened to some good Keith Daniels and thank GOD that man doesn't mince words neither. There are those who creep into the Body with motives that some can't discern.

You Codek, need to go to prayer with a Bible and take it to HIM and HIM alone - and just know that people 'have been' praying for you.

You posted today on that thread linked above that "you understand Jesus' 1st and 2nd commandment" ... Then in the last post on this thread you again say that "you need to desperately understand God's love."

No, you already know how He loves His Creation and died a horrific death after being tortured for YOU but you just don't want to practice the commandments to love Him and others yourself and need to go back and read those 14 pages of how people on this forum tried to "help" you - but you've spurned GOD and now are Accusing HIM again and His Saints here.

I pray you get alone with HIM and leave these members alone to post to those who Truly are wanting Christ.

You need to be isolated with HIM Alone!

2011/5/9 12:35

Re:

From the thread "Great Quotes 12" posted by SermonIndex -

"The only time you can say 'Christ is all I need'

is when Christ is all you have."

- Leonard Ravenhill

2011/5/9 13:08
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

I appreciate all the post but I'm grieved a little when it gets intense between between postings. To hear some of what has been said by those I deeply respect. I consider it an honor to listen voices of those who truly love God. We stay civil knowing all the while we are in it while life and death hangs in the balance all around us. Life for some and death for many. Is it any wonder it can get heated at times knowing so much is at stake? I have to tell you that God has used many of you to speak to me through SI. Don't lose sight of those who follow what is discussed hear. Know that your words fall on many an ear in need. Many behind the scenes are struggling with the eternal outcome. Do not take any of this lightly and I know many of you don't. I confess, I do not pray as I should when I post. That is me not trusting God as I should and trusting in my own flesh to be more proficient. Even in our posts there should be an exercise of faith.

I do appreciate the Ravenhill quote. It is Ravenhill at his best and through the Spirit he gets to the heart of the matter quickly. Anyone born of God will know it immediately.

2011/5/9 15:12Profile

i'm grieved a LOT

you know....no wonder the young man in the video's, or maybe codek, are hesitant to REALLY unburden whats on their hearts.

they're afraid of the FRIENDS OF JOB, the censure, the rebukes, the assumptions, even to the point of judging the VOICE of the young man and making the implication he "might" be into homosexuality.

i would exclaim, "unbelivable", but i realize its all very believable, because we're all so HUMAN, and our hearts are dark and deceitful, cold and without any love, sometimes.

Sometimes, when we let God the Holy Ghost have sway, we are FULL of God's Love, and that love might be just to listen....than encourage...or be a shoulder to lean on.

i wonder how many of you, beneath the hard brittle cover of religiousity, harbor deep dark secret sin, that you will never feel safe enough to confess. hmm?

thats why the church in america is in so much trouble today, its just become a bright shiny phony country club for saints, instead of a hospital for sinners.

that young man, AND our brother codek are the "barometer's" are what is going on with our children...are you all REALLY going to listen to them and love them...or just cast them into the dark with such statements like:

"never really was a christian".

just shameful. That's your rebuke, and i did pray before i posted.

2011/5/9 15:32

Re: i'm grieved a LOT

Did you read the 14 page thread from December and the repeat of the accusations against GOD that come out of this man, Neil?

The Church needs Discernment.

These are some verses that apply here -

Act 8:23 "For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity."

Heb 12:15 "Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God;

lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you,

and thereby 'many' be defiled"

Earlier I wrote that "human" compassion "kills" and you can believe that.
Human compassion is "pride" working through a person who desires to be the hero who will save the wrangler.

When someone consistently accuses GOD - we had Better have our spiritual antenna up - as The Word says - "many are defiled" by their accusations against GOD.

Unless you've read all of this man's posts on both threads and have been given a word of discernment - to accuse the brethren who have posted to this thread - From Discernment you are accusing the wrong one(s).

Discernment between true and false is sadly missing here and it will trickle down as the LORD said it will.

And "most" will fall away from the Truth and because iniquity abounds the love of most will also grow cold. That's Reality!

"and some save with fear" - not soppy human sentiments.

To pray for a man and then tell him to get alone with GOD is Not a Sin. It's his only answer to be saved in the end, with fear and trembling.

Some save with compassion - others with fear and pray for the discernment to be able to see the difference - lest Many Be Defiled here and in your own churches.

Pray for discernment or risk the "Many" for 'one'.

2011/5/9 15:52
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Quote:
And I even called you out on the last one and all you really did was spit bible verses back at me so I just stopped responding. You were totally off on your remarks on the last thread.

codek, I’m not sure what you meant by “I even called you out”.
Quote:
To be frank, I'm not feeling any love from you, just religion and condemnation, basically "an it's all your fault" condemnation. Please excuse how direct I am with this reply but You don't know me.

Quote:
My impression of you from your posts is that you really don't care about me at all. It seems like you just want to shove more religion down my throat, prove that you are right and show how much you know.

I'm sorry to hear that that’s how you feel about me. At this moment JIG's recent comments made to you represent the same way I think and feel about your situation. I am and will continue to pray for you.

Quote:
Remember, I offered my number to you if you wanted to talk about my situation. I'm also out in L.A. And you never replied.

I never noticed that you offered your number specifically to me. I did not sense that you cared to speak with me privately at all. Had I known you were interested in speaking with me I would have been glad to do so. I honestly do not remember you sending me a PM. Do you still have it in your profile? Can you resend it?

Quote:
I also have a difficulty understanding Christian lingo now. I've been around the church where this lingo was use for manipulation so I now don't trust it. You have to treat me like an almost new believer. That's why you were wrong and a lot of that advice can't help me because I can't understand them CAUSE THEY ARE IN HOLY SPEAK.

I did not realize that you did not understand my statements directed toward you. I apologize if I did not try my best to make things more understandable.

2011/5/9 16:10Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I realized that my last post was not that understandable due to me rushing it. I went ahead and edited it. So this is just a bump in case some may have been confused concerning my last post.

2011/5/9 17:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy