SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Calvin’s Institutes in a Nutshell

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I would have to agree with AtG. The least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than John the Baptist (who signifies the end of the LAW and the PROPHETS - the OT) because the least is a SON and John was not a son. It does not mean that he won't be in heaven, just that he does not have the same status as that of the least (sons) in the kingdom of heaven.

Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven IS GREATER THAN HE.
Matthew 11:11

For I say unto you, Among those that are born of women there is not a greater prophet than John the Baptist: but HE THAT IS LEAST in the kingdom of God is greater than he.
Luke 7:28

Redemption came through Jesus Christ.
Gal 4:5 To redeem them that were under the law, THAT WE (talking to NT people) might receive the ADOPTION OF SONS.

Gal 4:6 And because YE ARE SONS, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Heb 11:39 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the PROMISE:
Heb 11:40 God having provided some better thing FOR US, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Act 1:4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the PROMISE of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

Act 13:23 Of this man's seed hath God according to his PROMISE raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

The PROMISE was not realized by OT Saints, only hoped for.
Act 26:6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers:

The PROMISE was FULFILLED AFTER JOHN THE BAPTIST.
Act 13:32 And we declare unto you glad tidings, how that the PROMISE which was made unto the fathers,
Act 13:33 God hath FULFILLED THE SAME unto us their children, in that he hath raised up Jesus again; as it is also written in the second psalm, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the SONS of God.
Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the SPIRIT OF ADOPTION (came thru Jesus), whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Rom 8:16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
Rom 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the SONS OF GOD.

A777

2011/5/15 18:15

Re: Calvin’s Institutes in a Nutshell

Quote:
As a side note to this thought you have posted...

Who is this servant in Scripture?

Isa 42:1 "Behold! My Servant whom I uphold, My Elect One [in whom] My soul delights! I have put My Spirit upon Him; He will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.

John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour. 27 Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

John 13:12 So after he [Jesus] had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you? 13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you. 16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. 17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

But this message of the New Testament is heralded by Malachi in respect of John the Baptist:

4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD: 6 And HE SHALL TURN THE HEART OF THE FATHERS TO THE CHILDREN AND THE THE HEART OF THE CHILDREN TO THEIR FATHERS, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Interesting that 'heart' is singular, while the fathers and children are plural.

Luke 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God. 17 And he [John] shall go before him [Jesus Christ] in the spirit and power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just; TO MAKE READY A PEOPLE PREPARED FOR THE LORD.

The humble way that Jesus 'served' His Father, was in the highest obedience - by going to the death on the cross for us - Phil 2 - to 'bring forth justice to the Gentiles'.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

2011/5/15 19:36

Re: Calvin's Institutes in a Nutshell

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him?

Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Quote:
How, or for what reason is the carnal mind unable to be subject to the law of God?

For the same reason that we have to mortify the deeds of the flesh.

Quote:
Where is the first time in Scripture do we come upon the seed?

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Galatians 3:16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith NOT, And to seeds, as of many; BUT AS OF ONE, And to thy SEED, which is Christ.

Galatians 3:19 Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, TILL THE SEED SHOULD COME to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Galatians 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Quote:
What significance does the seed play in the lives of Cain and Abel?

That's a great question.

Joshua 3:16
That the waters which came down from above stood and rose up upon an heap very far from the city ADAM, that is beside Zaretan: and those that came down toward the sea of the plain, EVEN THE SALT SEA FAILED, and were cut off: and the people passed over right against Jericho.

Genesis 4:15
And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

Matthew 27:20
But the chief priests and elders persuaded the multitude that they should ask Barabbas, and destroy Jesus.

Note: Barabbas means 'son of the father'.

Matthew 27:26
Then released he Barabbas unto them: and when he had scourged Jesus, he delivered him to be crucified.

2011/5/15 19:53

Re:

Sorry, I posted that last one and ran next door to Dad's. Back now.

AtG - when I mentioned the two trees, first you said that they were the tree of the knowledge of good and evil and the tree of life and than the following post you said that the olive tree represented spiritual Israel. Sorry if that confused me.

I think we need to look at those verses again -

The Two Trees: Emphasis by quotation marks -

Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and "thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them", and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

Rom 11:21 For if God spared not "the natural branches", take heed lest he also spare not thee.

Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness:
"otherwise thou also shalt be cut off."

Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in "again".

Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into

"a good olive tree": how much more shall these, which be "the natural branches", be graffed into "their own olive tree"?

The verse that needs some thought is Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not "still" in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in "again".

That word "again" must say something about the state that they were in at one time before Messiah came.

They 'were' in - but GOD came in the flesh - but they didn't recognise Him, so they, the individual branches that didn't believe in Him were removed.
They believed in "GOD" so at one time they were "in" - but when GOD came to earth in the flesh - they couldn't believe that it was HIM/GOD, the time of their visitation ... so He "broke those branches off" and He also says in verse 11:17 that only "some" were 'broken off' - so I see those who were not broken off as "the Saints" mentioned 35 times in the Old Testament, Saved and called righteous by believing in the Messiah to come - who have equal promises and blessing as the N.T. Saints, as promised to Abraham.

How could they be just "servants"?
So much of what GOD promised Abraham is being tossed aside by lowering the status of the O.T. Saints who were 'righteous' in GOD's sight prior to Christ's coming.

I do not see that the O.T. "Saints" having a lower position than those who were here at and after Christ's coming that believed in Him and will believe in Him at His second Coming - or before.

2011/5/15 22:41

Re: Calvin's Insttiutes in a Nutshell

Hi Jesus-is-GOD,

I think you may have solved a mystery for me, which is why it has been accepted by so many people that the old Israel of flesh is the 'natural olive tree'.

Quote:
That word "again" must say something about the state that they were in at one time before Messiah came.

Just sticking with your statement here, I don't read the 'again', as referring to 'one time before Messiah came'.

Let me explain: if Messiah had not come, how could they believe in Him?

The reason they are not already in the olive tree is because Messiah HAS COME (Isa 59:20) and MANY MANY in Israel at the time DID NOT BELIEVE.

Saul of Tarsus was a notable one.

When he writes 'God is able to graft them in again', he is explaining what happened to him. Same as happened to quite a few Pharisees and priests after Pentecost.

The condemnation is that light HAS COME INTO THE WORLD but men loved darkness rather than light and chose not to come to the light.

The conversations in John 8 between Jesus and the religious leaders have meaning ONLY because THEY DID KNOW He was Messiah AND STILL DID NOT BELIEVE.

John 16:9 Of SIN because they believe not on Me.

No-one is condemned in scripture for being in darkness, captive, blind, deaf; but once God's word comes to them and HE KNOWS their ears have been opened - that's when their culpability starts. This was the situation in natural Israel of old; they had agreed to obey God, but did not. Moses told them prophetically that they would turn away from Him, but 'that Prophet' would come, for not heeding whose words they would have to answer. Acts 3:19 has Peter calling them to account on those terms. In fact, long before Paul he had said 'to you first'.

The cutting off which Israel experienced, from the Branch, was through the cross. The whole of Israel was cut off, if you see Messiah's cutting off for their sins looking at it from His point of view. Those who believed He was Messiah before His death, had to believe again into His resurrection, AND had to receive the indwelling and anointing of the Holy Spirit BEFORE they were grafted in at all. This is what Paul explains at the start of Romans 6 (in tree terms) but there also, it is clear that through Christ the whole human race has been cut off from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil in His death. Individuals still have to choose to believe and start eating of the Tree of Life.

So, going back to John's comment about Cain in 1:3:12, John could say that because God had come to Cain BEFORE he had sinned so grieviously, and Cain had REFUSED to do what he knew was right - I'm guessing he should have sacrificed a lamb to God by fire as a peace offering. That choice was open to him. But Cain chose to act out the power of his first spiritual birth into sin, just as the religious leaders who, four millennia later, shouted 'Crucify him'. The New Testament clearly records a number of times when Jesus had done good, to which the priesthood's response was to start another plot to have him killed.
Quote:
How could they be just "servants"?

I believe the following passages show that God had always regarded Israel as servants. Only through faith in Christ is sonship attained by them (or anyone).

Hebrews 3:1 Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus; 2 who was faithful to him that appointed him, as AS MOSES [was faithful] IN ALL HIS HOUSE. 3 For this [man] was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house. 4 For every house is builded by some [man]; but he that built all things [is] God.

5 And MOSES VERILY [was] FAITHFUL IN ALL HIS HOUSE AS A SERVANT, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; 6 BUT CHRIST AS A SON OVER HIS OWN HOUSE; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Galatians 4:1 Now I say, [That] the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing from a servant, though he be lord of all; 2 But is under tutors and governors until the time appointed of the father.

3 Even so we, when we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, THAT WE MIGHT RECEIVE THE ADOPTION OF SONS.

6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. 7 WHEREFORE THOU ART NO MORE A SERVANT BUT A SON; AND IF A SON, THEN AN HEIR OF GOD THROUGH CHRIST.

Romans 9:'... my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: 4 who are Israelites; TO WHOM [pertaineth] THE ADOPTION, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service [of God], and the promises; 5 Whose [are] the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ [came], who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.

These fit in with Isaiah 42:1 which Jeff posted.

There is, also, Ephesians 2 which distinguishes Israel as 'nigh', but not until Christ are they at true spiritual peace with God through His death IF they believe.

Romans 8:10 And IF Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness. 11 But IF the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For IF ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but IF ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14 For as many as ARE LED BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD, they ARE THE SONS OF GOD. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but YE HAVE RECEIVED THE SPIRIT OF ADOPTION, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2011/5/16 4:32
rookie

Re:

Quote:
The humble way that Jesus 'served' His Father, was in the highest obedience - by going to the death on the cross for us - Phil 2 - to 'bring forth justice to the Gentiles'.

According to Scripture when did Jesus begin to serve?

2011/5/16 6:53Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
The PROMISE was not realized by OT Saints, only hoped for.
Act 26:6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God unto our fathers:

What promise is the Scriptures speaking of?

2011/5/16 6:55Profile
rookie

Re:

Quote:
For the same reason that we have to mortify the deeds of the flesh.

No, that not it...why can't the carnal mind be subject to the law of God?

Quote:
Where is the first time in Scripture do we come upon the seed?

1 Peter is not the correct answer...

Where in Genesis are we first introduced to the precept of the seed?

2011/5/16 7:03Profile

Re:

AtG, I'd have to say your thoughts on O.T. Israel or the Jews has evolved over the yrs but I'd like to ask you, what do you feel about Simeon and Anna - were they saved?

Are Saved Jews still servants and not sons of Abraham?

Are Elijah and Moses not saved, nor sons?

The list goes on. How is that those who waited for Messiah before His death are not saved and not sons?

Actually, when I think about Simeon and Anna and the Prophets and all that waited for Him but didn't live until He came - I don't really feel as though I'd like to discuss these things any further.

Granted, once He came and fulfilled all the O.T. prophecies, He became the only way to GOD - yet - being GOD, if the people of the O.T. "Loved the LORD their GOD, with all of their heart, mind, soul and strength" and believed and HIM - they were "saved" and pulling a verse here and there won't change that. They will hold no lower position than those who believed on Him once He did come.'

I won't argue this because I pictured what your conclusion is and thought of all of those who were faithful to GOD before GOD came in the flesh and was grieved that you believe they all hold a different position with GOD then those of us who were saved after His Advent.

A Scripture pulled here and there can prove anything you want it to - so I leave you to your beliefs and you can picture in your mind, Simeon, Anna, and the rest as merely servants.

Only the disobedient ones of Israel lost out - just as the disobedient 'christians' lose out and are chopped from the tree or vine.
We were grafted into "their tree" not the other way around and "their tree" existed before Christ came.
I've said enough and have heard enough and won't try to convince you of anything more. You have the 'whole' of the Word and you may look more into maybe Heb 6, etc, etc. I don't debate just for the sake of debate. But until you see that they were favored, "to the Jew first" and 'from' the Jews and given an eternal promise and that the Gentile believers wouldn't exist without the promises to Israel and set the Israel of GOD in their proper place, than you are boasting over not only the branches that were broken off for your sake but over the tree itself. Excuse me - I'm nauseous today.

2011/5/16 10:59

Re: His Children of Promise -

Mary said:

Luk 1:50 And his mercy is on them that fear him from generation to generation.
Luk 1:51 He hath shewed strength with his arm; he hath scattered the proud in the imagination of their hearts.
Luk 1:52 He hath put down the mighty from their seats, and exalted them of low degree.
Luk 1:53 He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.
Luk 1:54 He hath holpen his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy;
Luk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Jesus said:

Joh 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

Mat 8:11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 1:21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save HIS people from their sins.

Zacharias about his son John:

Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed HIS people,

Luk 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;
Luk 1:70 As he spake by the mouth of his holy prophets, which have been since the world began:
Luk 1:71 That we should be saved from our enemies, and from the hand of all that hate us;
Luk 1:72 To perform the mercy promised to our fathers, and to remember his holy covenant;
Luk 1:73 The oath which he sware to our father Abraham,
Luk 1:74 That he would grant unto us, that we being delivered out of the hand of our enemies might serve him without fear,
Luk 1:75 In holiness and righteousness before him, all the days of our life.
Luk 1:76 And thou, child, shalt be called the prophet of the Highest: for thou shalt go before the face of the Lord to prepare his ways;

Luk 1:77 To give knowledge of salvation unto HIS people by the remission of their sins,
Luk 1:78 Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the dayspring from on high hath visited us,
Luk 1:79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Simeon over the infant Jesus:

Luk 2:27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law,
Luk 2:28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
Luk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
Luk 2:31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
Luk 2:32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of THY people Israel.

Paul:

Gal 3:6 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.
Gal 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
Gal 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the 'heathen' through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
Gal 3:9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Gal 3:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

HIS CHOSEN PEOPLE -

Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
Rom 9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
Rom 9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Rom 11:1 I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Rom 11:2 "God hath not cast away HIS people which He 'foreknew'."

Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel, saying,
Rom 11:3 Lord, they have killed thy prophets, and digged down thine altars; and I am left alone, and they seek my life.
Rom 11:4 But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.
Rom 11:5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.
Rom 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
Rom 11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded
Rom 11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
Rom 11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
Rom 11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.
Rom 11:11 I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.
Rom 11:12 Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
Rom 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Rom 11:14 If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.
Rom 11:15 For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?
Rom 11:16 For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.
Rom 11:17 And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert graffed in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
Rom 11:18 Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
Rom 11:19 Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be graffed in.
Rom 11:20 Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:
Rom 11:21 For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.
Rom 11:22 Behold therefore the goodness and severity of God: on them which fell, severity; but toward thee, goodness, if thou continue in his goodness: otherwise thou also shalt be cut off.
Rom 11:23 And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be graffed in: for God is able to graff them in again.
Rom 11:24 For if thou wert cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and wert graffed contrary to nature into a good olive tree: how much more shall these, which be the natural branches, be graffed into their own olive tree?

Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery,

lest ye should be wise in your own conceits;

that blindness in part is happened to Israel,
until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved:
as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer,
and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is My COVENANT unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for YOUR sakes:

but as touching the election, they are Beloved for the Fathers' sakes.

Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!
Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

That is why the twelve gates of the New Jerusalem that 'we' will enter through are represented by each of the twelve Tribes, who's names are written on them.... for salvation is of the Jews and to the Jews first. Boast not - for when they are fully come in - after the time of the Gentiles - and "HIS people" will also be glorified as sons and as His wife [Hosea 3].

Zec 8:2 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury.
Zec 8:3 Thus saith the LORD; I am returned unto Zion, and will dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the LORD of hosts the holy mountain.
Zec 8:4 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age.
Zec 8:5 And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof.
Zec 8:6 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the LORD of hosts.
Zec 8:7 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will save my people from the east country, and from the west country;
Zec 8:8 And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem:

and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.

Zec 8:22 Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.
Zec 8:23 Thus saith the LORD of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Heb 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts:
and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
Heb 8:11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

These were just a small bit of Scriptures on this topic, but enough.

Pray we don't find ourselves using the Old Testament only when it suits our own teachings and leave out what we choose -- For His Promises stand, to "His People" forever.

2011/5/16 16:11

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy