SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Brian McLaren Defends Rob Bell against Mohler's Critique

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: JiG

Quote Neil: "but there was one response of McLaren's to Mohler that was SPOT ON, and defy anyone on this forum to refute the truth in this statement:"

Can you see what I am trying to say in my two posts after yours? I speak this in love my dear friend but it should be obvious that saying "SPOT ON" about anything this man McLaren says is an endorsement of sorts to those young that are so easily misled.

That saying about - "Allowing the camel to get his nose in the tent" .... you've probably heard that one - that next thing you know, the camels IN the tent?

2011/3/24 14:27

oh please

JiG, dear friend as well IN Jesus' love,
what i quoted him as saying is truth...come on!

let's consider our ways, and get real, let me quote it again, and refute the comment IF you so desire:

Quote:
On the final point of argument, McLaren said he actually agrees with Mohler's statement that "a secular society feels no need to attend or support secularized churches with a secularized theology."

But he is quick to note that Mohler might be confusing secularism with liberalism.

"To more and more of us these days, conservative Evangelical/fundamentalist theology looks and sounds more and more like secular conservatism - economic and political - simply dressed up in religious language," said McLaren.

i have too many BAD memories as a young follower in Christ, on THIS forum, refuting and battling with many believers, in the 6 months prior to the Mar 2003 invasion of Iraq, who were "oorahing" the President as he laid a foundation of cooked up intelligence, half baked truths, and dare i say, outright lies, to justify invading a nation that had NOTHING to do with the attacks of 9/11.

Many many people who say, "Lord Lord", were hellbent on war in Iraq on this very forum, and i contended with them, because the war was the wrong war, it was predicated on faulty intel, it was constructed on the cheap, we hadnt even finished in Afghanistan yet, it broke our nation, almost 5,000 American kids dead, tens of thousands grievously wounded, only God knows how many Iraqi's killed, and for 6 months prior, and 6 months after, scores of cheerleaders RIGHT HERE on SI......talk about stumbling the "young", i even got booted for my calling out of this national sin. and believe me, i am no lib lab dove.

having worn the uniform proudly, my setting is, if we face a REAL threat, as Colin Powell said, "Our strategy in going after this army is very simple. First we are going to cut it off, and then we are going to kill it".

the camel though, i'd just give it a whack with a ironwood stick, the beast pokes it head in the tent.

so....if you care to comment on the quote i posted and not the man, fine, otherwise...i'm good,neil

2011/3/24 16:03

Re: oh please

I just don't believe in lifting up Any quotes from severe heretics/hirelings/false prophets or teachers.

We may as well find an accurate quote from Jim Jones if that's our habit.

McLaren is one of the top leaders in bringing his followers into the United Religion... second only to Warren.

They attend Davos together (and WHAT may I ask are "pastors" doing at Davos - the meetings where a one world currency is in the making) so the both are of the religious-nwo-political crowd that visit other countries as ambassadors for this one world governance and religion ... in case you didn't know.

I can think of much better folks to quote as a critique against Bell.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black --- McLaren talking about "liberalism" or critiquing one of his own comrades of the emerging one world religion .......... Did you not see the link I posted and that Endorsement of McLaren's?

People are being deceived by McLaren and Warren based upon "Good Works" around the globe and the deception is real and the purpose is a United Religion under the nwo.

Are you for that Brother? I should think you are not.

These who are in the nwo-religious-political click practice "double speak" and their words have different meanings than what you or I would define these words as.

Because you lack guile and try to see the good in everyone, it's probably hard for you to believe that people would put different meanings to words in order to deceive the masses.
These men sit shoulder to shoulder at many meetings, with the same Globalists that you come against about these wars.

Bless your heart but I pray for your strong point of discernment will increase and become more Equal to your other strong point of love.

You just probably just didn't know who this man is.

2011/3/24 16:33

okay

oh my,

Quote:
Because you lack guile and try to see the good in everyone, it's probably hard for you to believe that people would put different meanings to words in order to deceive the masses.

you really dont know me, i'm as shrewd as a snake, you're post said everything i need to know, including ducking that quote......i put it up there because thats what i say about the "church" in America today, and i do know about Mclaren, bell, Warren, Dobson, Haggard, Bentley, D. James Kennedy, etc etc ad naseum.

no offense, this is waste time, your just going to talk right past me. its fine. God bless you.

2011/3/24 17:41
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
"To more and more of us these days, conservative Evangelical/fundamentalist theology looks and sounds more and more like secular conservatism - economic and political - simply dressed up in religious language,

My first reaction was that I agree with this statement. But after thinking about it a while I am not sure it is the other way around: that politicians have borrowed from Evangelicals the rhetoric in order to win votes.

What say, Neil?

2011/3/24 20:57Profile

Re:

Sister Ginny,

i'm speaking purely now of things of this world...ok?

there was a secular political playbook written for centrist Democrat's refered to as Blue Dawgs, how to win in red states, i forget the name, but the jist was this, even if your a Democrat, you can stand a chance to win a Republican district, if you got photographed deer hunting, vote pro-life and quote the Bible.

what can i say? politic's is a brothel, for men filled with the lust of money. i'm weary of it all.

2011/3/24 22:31
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
you can stand a chance to win a Republican district, if you got photographed deer hunting...

lol. I could see this happening in Wisconsin. But only if it was 10 point or greater... and you would need an awesome story behind it.

With something like that in tow, we would vote for Jimmy Carter.

2011/3/24 22:34Profile

Re:

not only hunting this ten pointer, but bagging him, gutting him, handing him to the town butcher to be processed, handshakes and smiles, go home to warsh off, in time for the Thursday night prayer meeting, which is off limits to press.

be a landslide.

2011/3/24 23:31
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
not only hunting this ten pointer, but bagging him, gutting him, handing him to the town butcher to be processed, handshakes and smiles, go home to warsh off, in time for the Thursday night prayer meeting, which is off limits to press. be a landslide.

LOL

Seriously, I am weary of the same. In MS the politicians borrow rhetoric from the Baptists to garner votes! You can easily think you might be talking to a Baptist preacher....no kidding! I have visited at length with a Baptist congressman and he was very knowledgeable, smart, had a wonderful pro-family mindset; spoke at a CPC banquet; fathered five boys only to get involved with a female staffer and divorce his wife! Now this stinks to high heaven! (Actually, I send the guy an email voicing my concern but all I heard from his end was SILENCE.) SIGH Really, couldn't expect anything else, could I?

Oh well..such is the world...but what gets disgusting is when they want to act like Christians and we get snookered into their whorl of deception! (But this congressman was a Baptist missionary who served in Hungary!) SIGH

2011/3/25 6:54Profile
Giggles

Re:

As a side note, Mohler agreed with McLaren's conclusion.

2011/3/25 9:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy