SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : New Header Logo for SermonIndex, thoughts?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
If you do use the new one, the "Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival" needs work. It feels off balance - mushy - maybe because of the amount of radius at the bottom of the box outlining it in relation to the smaller font size. Also the placement of the small box on the larger box seems awkward and there is not enough dead space to the left of the "s" in the word sermon, it feels squished in relation to the space around the rest of the word "sermonindex."

I made some of these changes. How do you feel it looks now sister? and I also changed the text back to the older style?

here is the larger looking version of it right now: https://www.sermonindex.net/images/misc1/sermonindex3.jpg

2011/2/22 16:20Profile
HeartSong

Re:

The part underneath is much better. The word "index" is perfectly positioned but something happened to ".net" - the way it was before was much better - now it looks unbalanced. The space to the left the the "s" is better, but maybe a little too much - if you slightly increased the text size of the word "sermon" only (just a tad), but kept it bottom and right justified (only let it increase left and up) it should be just right.

I love the new banner in the middle of the front page!

I prayed and asked the LORD how a Christian is supposed to give constructive criticism - thank you for the encouragement.

2011/2/22 17:55Profile
TimmyJoe

Panama City, FL

Re:

It looks great!! I like the new look of the site, it has a good clean look. I don't see anything else that could be better!

2011/2/22 19:01Profile
Compton

Re:

Down below when I said "It's a good idea things every few years", I meant to say "It's a good idea to freshen things up every few years." I left out a few words!

Mike

2011/2/22 21:29Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: Resistant to change

Like the old one. Its like a brand identity.

2011/2/22 22:28Profile
Compton

Re:

Sermon Index is indeed a brand. And Greg has maintained remarkably consistent "standards and guidelines" for the identity of the brand over the years. I think it's perhaps a small part of why the site stands out from the other Christian media sites.

I like the fact that some of us don't like the change. It means that the name means something personal to us. That is brand equity! And kudos to Greg for testing the change ala crowdsourcing.

I personally feel it is okay if the logo part of the identity evolves a little every few years. In fact, change is a sign that the brand promise is still alive, and not a "liturgy". ;)

http://www.instantshift.com/2009/01/29/20-corporate-brand-logo-evolution/

Mike

2011/2/23 0:06Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I like the way the pictures of the preachers look way better now than the older one, you can actually tell who they are at a glance now. The only thing I could suggest would be more preachers instead of the repeated pattern, other than that I like the new look!

2011/2/23 0:14Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Sermon Index is indeed a brand. And Greg has maintained remarkably consistent "standards and guidelines" for the identity of the brand over the years. I think it's perhaps a small part of why the site stands out from the other Christian media sites.

I like the fact that some of us don't like the change. It means that the name means something personal to us. That is brand equity! And kudos to Greg for testing the change ala crowdsourcing.

I personally feel it is okay if the logo part of the identity evolves a little every few years. In fact, change is a sign that the brand promise is still alive, and not a "liturgy". ;)

http://www.instantshift.com/2009/01/29/20-corporate-brand-logo-evolution/

Dear brother,

Excellent thoughts and link and thank you for the encouragements.

2011/2/23 0:18Profile
A-Run

India

Re:

I think its Ok.

May be not much of a difference to the original one, but nonetheless it has newness.

If it can be improved then its good, otherwise this can be maintained. As the days go by, we will get used to it and start liking it.

I think Change is something we need to get used to in our lives. Change is the only thing constant in our lives- day by day changing into His Likeness!

2011/2/23 3:48Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re: New Header Logo for SermonIndex, thoughts?

I am liking the new Logo its much easier to look at for some reason. :) Of course I am always one for change and this one seems to be definitely for the better imho.

2011/2/23 4:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy