SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How Does a World Slip into Perilous Times? ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman

How Does a World Slip into Perilous Times? ...

While over on Brother Robert's thread ...

Workers Of Iniquity
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3753&forum=36

... the thought came to my mind, "Just how does our world descend into perilous times"? ... And the thought came to me that it has to be because of the diminishing light of Christ Church, the diminishing effectiveness of our salty savor to preserve by our presence of Godliness".

Over on Brother Robert's thread it dawned on me that our light has so diminished, particularly in America, from the 60's onward, that now not only do we need to make an escalated effort to tell folk that THEY NEED JESUS (because His grace saves to salvation), but because we've let the effectiveness of our Christianity slip so sub-standard to Christ's commision we now have to also make it clear to them just WHY THEY NEED JESUS (because His law condemns to eternal damnation) ... Because saints we Christians in America have rested on our laurels, barricaded ourselves in our fortress churches, and not made the saving presence of Christ's Godliness a shining city on the hill ... Perilous times come when the people of God become preoccupied with anything/anyone other than our first love experience of Christ, and His simple basic commission to make Him known in the highways and byways, where if He be lifted up He will draw ALL men to Himself ... Right now we're a light under a bushel basket, and our talents buried in the ground ...

Bottom line is perilous times come when we as individual saints, and as a collective body of believers, diminish Christ, abandon His commision, and instead become overly preoccupied with our own personal lives, personal agendas, denominational lives, denominational agendas, that the outside world suffers due to our disobedience ... Remember Jonah endangered the lives of all those unbelievers in his boat due to his disobedience to God's commision to preach repentance to the Ninevites ... Aren't we guilty of the same? ...

In America, and so goes the world, since the 60's, we as the Body of Christ have majorly declined as God's force on earth ... Now i know some may not believe that we're not living in the last days, and if not then hallaleujah anyhow, but i do, simply because i know were 2,000 years past Pentecost, and i see the signs of these times ... Do you?

This is how perilous times is described in Tim.3 ...

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

- For men shall be lovers of their own selves,

- covetous,

- boasters,

- proud,

- blasphemers,

- disobedient to parents,

- unthankful,

- unholy,

- Without natural affection,

- trucebreakers,

- false accusers,

- incontinent,

- fierce,

- despisers of those that are good,

- Traitors,

- heady,

- highminded,

- lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;

- Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

- Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Is this a pretty good sumation of the present rampant evilness in our American society? ... Do the last two points from Timothy remind you of the blatant apostasy in such a large segment of Christ Church today? ... The last point, "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" is one that really struct me to the point of thinking, "Always intellectually dissecting the Word of God, but never spiritually doing the Word of God" ...

If you care to please share what you see in our popular culture today that makes you think that we're living in perilous times ... But more importantly what do you think that we as saints individually, and collectively as a church body, can do to counteract the permeating force of darkness that has at least three generations (particularly our youth) blind to the vileness of their sin(s)?

2004/11/18 10:17Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re: How Does a World Slip into Perilous Times? ...

Jesus prophesied:

Luke 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man: 27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all."

What were the times like during Noah's life prior to God's judgment?

I do not believe in the teachings that there is going to be any mass revival, a latter day outpouring similar to Pentecost. I believe the latter day rains represent harvest time. God's Spirit will be poured out, but now is the time of judgment. And a remnant will be saved.

The latter times according to Daniel will have nation waring with nation. There will be king that will not be like the others. He will worship the god of fortress. He will honor his god with gold and silver and many precious things.

Dan. 11:36 “Then the king shall do according to his own will: he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god, shall speak blasphemies against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the wrath has been accomplished; for what has been determined shall be done. 37 He shall regard neither the God of his fathers nor the desire of women, nor regard any god; for he shall exalt himself above them all. 38 But in their place he shall honor a god of fortresses; and a god which his fathers did not know he shall honor with gold and silver, with precious stones and pleasant things. 39 Thus he shall act against the strongest fortresses with a foreign god, which he shall acknowledge, and advance its glory; and he shall cause them to rule over many, and divide the land for gain."

If these are end times, we will see these circumstance come to pass. If we are the generation that this speaks of, then what nation produces weapons of mass destruction? What nation spends more silver and gold on its fortress than the rest of the world combined?

The weakness of religion will then be attributted to partaking in the wine of the Harlot. This wine will blur the minds of those who profess to be christians, yet the results of this drunkeness will manifest itself as you have pointed out in the Scripture of 1 Timothy 3.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/18 12:24Profile
Rahman

Re:

Brother Jeff you wrote;
"I do not believe in the teachings that there is going to be any mass revival, a latter day outpouring similar to Pentecost. I believe the latter day rains represent harvest time. God's Spirit will be poured out, but now is the time of judgment. And a remnant will be saved'.

And i do believe that a last great final revival is coming that will empower Christ's Church from rupture to rapture, and will facilitate one last great harvest to completion of Christ's Body ... Time will eventually tell which belief rings true ...

But i do agree on this being the time of judgment, and for Christ Church a Refiner's fire, for judgment begins first at the house of the Lord.

2004/11/18 12:40Profile
Rahman

Re:

In perilous times men are ...

- despisers of those that are good ...

What as saints are you hearing about Christians in this post election period? ... What are you feeling from those unbelievers who know you're a Christian, in regards the "values" issue? ... Are you being dirided, even if you weren't a Bush voter, for sticking your nose into moral issues best decided by our government?

Christ said we would be persecuted for His name sake ... If you haven't been before keep living and professing Christ, and the angry half of America who lost their election agenda will soon give you reason to rejoice in sharing Christ's cross.

2004/11/18 12:48Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Rahman wrote:

"And i do believe that a last great final revival is coming that will empower Christ's Church from rupture to rapture, and will facilitate one last great harvest to completion of Christ's Body ... Time will eventually tell which belief rings true ..."

I don't see this in Scripture. I do see that He will empower the remnant to see through the deception that is coming. I do see a true Church. But the majority will accept the mark of the beast.

What are the manifestations of drinking the wine of the Harlot's fornication with the kings of this earth?

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/18 13:24Profile
Rahman

Re:

Br. Jeff wrote:

Quote;
"I don't see this in Scripture. I do see that He will empower the remnant to see through the deception that is coming. I do see a true Church. But the majority will accept the mark of the beast'.

Amen brother Jeff ... my belief is due to something that's occured between the Lord and myself, which is why i said, "Time will eventually tell which belief rings true ..."

Quote;
"What are the manifestations of drinking the wine of the Harlot's fornication with the kings of this earth"?

i know that this question relates to the current direction of your thread ...

DAYS ARE EVIL
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=1987&forum=35

... which i read whenever you post, and i look forward to your answer to your question ... But i'd like to keep this thread focused on anyones caring to share what they see in our popular culture today that may make them think that we're living in perilous times ... And more importantly what do they think that we as saints individually, and collectively as a church body, can do to counteract the permeating force of darkness that has at least three generations (particularly our youth) blind to the vileness of their sin(s)? ... As well as the question if anyone as a saint is feeling any extra added animosity toward their own personal Christianity ... i'm both amazed, and encouraged by all the studies being done by the secularist on Christians, and our motivation for such participation in the recent election ...

i'm also fascinated that pundits have now divide us as "Theocrats" vs "Secularist" ... Could we finally be at the point where there will become a marked dilineation between light and darkness, instead of the apostate blurring we've come to?

God bless ...

Br. R

2004/11/18 13:51Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Rahman,

Sorry.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/18 14:39Profile
Rahman

Re:

No brother Jeff,

There's nothing to be sorry for ... i hope in my trying to steer this thread i didn't hurt, your feelings ... That's the last thing i'd want to do to you my valued brother ...

i've got to learn how to use those smiley faces!

2004/11/18 14:46Profile
dougkristen

Re:

Quote:
But the majority will accept the mark of the beast.

What do you think the mark of the beast will be?

Grace,
Doug

2004/11/18 15:11Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Br. Rahman wrote:

Quote:
And more importantly what do they think that we as saints individually, and collectively as a church body, can do to counteract the permeating force of darkness that has at least three generations (particularly our youth) blind to the vileness of their sin(s)? ..

First, Br. Rahman, no offense at all. I just get on a rant most times. I'll just continue my thoughts over on the other thread.

Secondly, more consistent with your thread, I see a change in the youth in our area. My wife has begun working as a teacher's aide in the local school for the 4th grade. She works in the morning for 3 hours and is in near poximity to our two children who are in 4Th and 6th grades. According to her witness about half of the children in her class have no idea of respect for one another let alone for the adults in the class. It is quite amazing to hear of the various examples of this unbelieveable loss of respect. This is happening in 9 and 10 year old children.

Thirdly, I have heard that the youth today are growing more tolerant of the ways of the world. Within a short time, when the oldest generation dies off we will experience a rapid decline in the beliefs that currently preserve our people.

In Christ
Jeff

2004/11/18 15:28Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy