SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Contact with aliens

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ET101

Contact with aliens

I have never come across scripture to make sense of what else is/may be in the universe.

Randy Winters speaks of his encounters with Billy Meier and of their extra-terrestrial encounters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr959McjJ8k

The accounts are so compelling (especially with the photographs and video footage of strange beings).

Of course I don't believe this at face-value, but I don't have grounds for dismissing it at face-value either.

How does this sit with Christian theology? Is it divorced from the Christian view of reality? Is there any theological ground for believing that other forms of life exist elsewhere in the universe?

Thanks.

2011/1/18 4:48Profile

Re: Contact with aliens

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that Nicky Cruz addresses this issue in his book Devil on the Run.

There are very cheap copies of this book on the UK Amazon site, and the rest of the book is well worth reading.

2011/1/18 8:39
Lysa

East TN for now!

ET101,

You may not appreciate my answer but compelling or not, it’s a distraction to take our eyes off of our soon coming King, Christ Jesus.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/1/18 9:06Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Brother,

I felt led to explain what I mean by a distraction; there are many different things that will cross our path to distract us from our goal: Christ and Him alone.

There are religious distractions, there are alien distractions, there are politic distractions, etc.

There was a man years ago my pastor went to pray for; he was on his dying bed (literally) and the man admitted to him, “I was doing great for Jesus until I got my ham radio...” That was his testimony. What will be yours be? AND I have to ask myself the same thing, “What will be mine?”

God bless,
Lisa

2011/1/18 10:04Profile

Re:

These are fallen angels taking a form of flesh that many believe were concocted forms of flesh - just as the cloning experiments.

The plan is to deceive the world into believing these things are "aliens" and if one can believe that - then at some point in the future, they'll believe these things have a "message for our planet".

I think it's important to give an honest answer to this question so that we can explain it to our children and others.

2011/1/18 10:12
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

i agree with Jesus-is-GOD on this matter.

2011/1/18 10:23Profile
ET101

Re:

I agree with Jesus-is-God too!! Absolutely!! If this a lie from the devil, then we cannot simply brush it aside. We face it, we square up with it, we expose it, and we make it die!! No mercy.

We take authority and we make it obedient to Christ! Nothing less!!

My question is: what is it?

Just like hidden sin, it will lurk in the undergrowth of life and thinking and destroy fruit for Christ.

So, please help me honestly crack it for what it is and solidify in Christ.

Thanks.

2011/1/18 11:00Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Genesis 6.
1And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

4There were GIANTS in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Jude

6And the angels which kept not their FIRST ESTATE, but left THEIR OWN HABITATION, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

7Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and GOING AFTER STRANGE FLESH, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of ETERNAL FIRE.

2011/1/18 11:28Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

There is an interesting Christian film on this topic that gives a good possible explanation, it's called "Unidentified" and gives some interesting facts into the phenomenon. I can't remember everything about it, but it might open some doors of possibility for answers. I agree with a lot of the references to demonic activity made in this thread, may God equip us to fight against such evil.

2011/1/18 12:05Profile

Hi UntoBabes,

For further clarification of 'strange flesh', I looked up Berry's Greek Interlinear, which chooses 'other' instead of 'strange'.

Strong's Numbers offer these two: flesh

4561 sarx {sarx}
probably from the base of 4563; TDNT - 7:98,1000; n f
AV - flesh 147, carnal 2, carnally minded + 5427 1, fleshly 1; 151
1) flesh (the soft substance of the living body, which covers
the bones and is permeated with blood) of both man and beasts
2) the body
2a) the body of a man
2b) used of natural or physical origin, generation or
relationship
2b1) born of natural generation
2c) the sensuous nature of man, "the animal nature"
2c1) without any suggestion of depravity
2c2) the animal nature with cravings which incite to sin
2c3) the physical nature of man as subject to suffering
3) a living creature (because possessed of a body of flesh)
whether man or beast
4) the flesh, denotes mere human nature, the earthly nature of man apart
from divine influence, and therefore prone to sin and opposed to God

and 'other':

2087 heteros {het'-er-os}
of uncertain affinity; TDNT - 2:702,265; adj
AV - another 43, other 42, other thing 3, some 2, next day 2, misc 7; 99
1) the other, another, other
1a) to number
1a1) to number as opposed to some former person or thing
1a2) the other of two
1b) to quality
1b1) another: i.e. one not of the same nature, form, class,
kind, different

This, in the context of Sodom and Gomorrah, ties in with the descriptions of abominations in Lev 18:22, 23, which are also manifestations of 'fornication' as it is translated in the New Testament. There is no hint of aliens in the Greek.

Regarding the angels which left their first estate and habitation, might not these be they who followed Lucifer, and were drawn out of heaven with him by his tail?

2011/1/18 12:17

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy