SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : It's very sad what's been happening on this forum of late.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

If a fire is going out, you lay more wood on it. God insructed the priests in Leviticus to lay new wood upon the altar each morning, so that fire wouldn't go out (Leviticus 6:12).

Brethren, our daily devotion to God is like the new wood which we as priests lay on the fleshy altars of our heart. This is how we "stir up" the gift of fire which was put in us by faith. If you have this fire, then share it with the rest of us, add your wood to the SermonIndex forum in the way of devotions, thoughts, meditations. Don't just huddle in the shadows and complain of the lack of heat, the lack of light. Instead, be a source of heat and light yourself.

Just make sure the wood you lay down is not fireproof. There is a lot of material in these forums that is not fireproof; that is, Holy Spirit combustible. Neil, you initiated this topic, and I agree with you. The forums have been cold as of late. I wonder though: have you contributed to it? Have any of us? Have I?

Think of the materials we discuss here, and the spirit in which we discuss them. Global politics is a topic of asbestos; Israeli politics, zionism, all of it. The Holy Spirit won't touch it. Friends, if you want the fire to go out here, discuss secular Israeli politics or Washington or United Nations garbage - there's no quicker way to put out a fire. Discuss Calvinism versus Arminianism, which is tantamount to a sectarian snowball fight. That will extinguish the fire pretty quickly too. But if you want to feed the fire, drop the world and flesh and take up Jesus Christ without any of the trappings.

Discuss Christ, discuss the grace and love and humility and blood of Christ without one ounce of the world or personal agendas or political bent, and you will have pure Holy Spirit petrol. That is the quickest way to get this place heated up. But we all need to contribute.

A lone buring coal or stick cannot be sustained very long. It needs the fellowship of other burning sticks and coals to constitute a fire.

2011/1/7 13:02Profile
HeartSong

Re:

"A lone buring coal or stick cannot be sustained very long. It needs the fellowship of other burning sticks and coals to constitute a fire."

Yesterday I went to the city to have dinner with a dear sister and her husband. While I was there, I decided to do some shopping and had a couple of stores targeted. Dividing my time, I knew how long I intended to be at each store. As I was about to leave the first store, a man wished me a "happy new year," and in return, I blessed him. His eyes sort of lit up and the conversation began to flow. It turns out that he had gone to sing at every nursing home in the state and continued in a singing ministry even at the age of 77. Needless to say that I was the one that was blessed as he happily sang in the aisles and I willing gave up some of my "shopping" time.

One of the things he mentioned, as we talked of gifts, was that we lose that which we do not use - and having questioned the LORD on the comment just before logging on, I assume that it was for just such a season as this as I have taken to becoming an observer rather than a participator.

2011/1/7 13:35Profile

Re:

That was an awesome post Admin West.

We do lack love, though love is in us, and it's as Jesus is God said in another thread, it boils down to choice, whether we respond in a loving manner or respond indifferently.

When anyone says in a post, "your wrong", or "your theology is incorrect", or "your not reading the scriptures correctly". We really should look at that and examine it with the eyes of Jesus, how would Christ respond? Would He respond with, "How dare you", or would He respond by saying nothing? or would He say, "Lets examine the scriptures to see what the scripture says".

We should highlight the good in other people's posts. We should lift what they said up first and then proceed to what we believe is worthy of a rebuttal. 99% of the time we lean toward the negative and we can't take it when anyone criticizes us. It only shows how much alive we are and reveals how volatile our emotions are when anyone rubs us the wrong way.

Romans 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

We have this love, it's there ready to be chosen as a choice to respond to with the other person who's reading it in cyberland. It's not easy to choose love, in fact it's the hardest to do when we haven't walked in love for awhile, but when we make that choice, it gets easier.

2011/1/7 13:38
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
in the final analysis, we're all in the same boat, struggling saints, broken vessels, repaired, justified, from all sin by the Blood of Jesus, walking out the further sanctification that is available by the Ministration of God the Holy Ghost, and yes, life is tough, the devil does prowl about, the god of this age does rule the earth....but that fetid foul lot, their days are numbered, the lake of fire awaits them. i know that, because i believe God.

We have Jesus, and praise His Name continually. who could ask for More, but the Love of Christ?

what i'm TRYING to say is this, i have given an active consideration to my ways, my words...written....on this forum. i will stand at the Judgement Seat for every word, deed, and God is going to play that humiliating DVD for me one day, may He have mercy on me.

Thank you dear brother for sharing your heart with us. This confession is needed from all of us on these forums. Thank God He is showing us our hearts and allowing us to grow more like Christ, not by our man-made practice and effort but by the Grace and Life of Jesus Christ in us being our daily dependence for every good work we can say or write!

2011/1/7 14:26Profile
learjet

Re:

Quote:
Discuss Christ, discuss the grace and love and humility and blood of Christ without one ounce of the world or personal agendas or political bent, and you will have pure Holy Spirit petrol. That is the quickest way to get this place heated up. But we all need to contribute.

A lone buring coal or stick cannot be sustained very long. It needs the fellowship of other burning sticks and coals to constitute a fire.

Thanks for the reminder brother!! Awesome stuff indeed.

In Christ,
Earl J.

2011/1/7 19:10Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: It's very sad what's been happening on this forum of late.

Just my two cents....

I think PaulWest's post was spot on regarding the solution to this matter of "dryness" in the forums.

I also think a balance from the Spirit is needed in the area of our attitudes toward others posts, and our attitudes in our posts.

I and others here tend to be very discouraged with so much compromise that we see within Christianity. We want to be careful that we don't just contribute to all the compromise and water down God's truths along with everyone else, giving only "feel good" messages of peace when there is no peace. Therefore it is easy for us to quickly cry out against all the compromise and have a tone of rebuke in all of our posts. I believe that kind of tone is sometimes needed and His Spirit will guide us if He wants us to post a hard message of truth that some may need to hear for their spiritual benefit.

That said, I believe the Lord has been convicting me of not having enough of that "fire" PaulWest mentions, and posting too rashly. And by "fire" I mean the type that not only rebukes at times but also graciously exhorts and encourages/builds up the Body. I believe I have been guilty of being imbalanced in recent posts, so I too apologize for any fleshly attidudes toward anyone here. I am praying that the Lord would give me more of His holy fire and a balance in my views and attitudes toward His precious Bride the Church, which He bought with His precious blood on Calvary's tree.

2011/1/8 17:13Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I love to uplift Jesus and to hear what the Lord is doing in everyone's lives. I also love to hear what the Lord is doing around the world. It seems there is so much happening in other parts of the world. And of a good message that will move us closer to Him and to pray together. And a Scripture that has touched someone's heart or a daily devotional shared. Giving God all the glory and praises for He is worthy. I am humbled to be here and so truly thankful for SI and each person here.

PS
And your my brothers and sisters for the most part and I am thrilled thinking of spending Eternity with you in glory! Hallelujah!

2011/1/8 19:29Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy