SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Watchman

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Watchman

"...if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, and the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand.’ ... I have made you a watchman for the house of Israel; therefore you shall hear a word from My mouth and warn them for Me." Ezekiel 33:6-7

"Some one, then, must undertake the ungracious task of probing and laying bare the evils of the age; for men must not be allowed to congratulate themselves that all is well. If others will not, he will.

If others shrink from the obloquy of such a work, he will not.... He loves his fellow-men too well. They may upbraid him; they may call him a misanthropist, or a prophet of evil; they may ascribe his warnings to the worst of motives, such as pride, or arrogance, or self-esteem, or malice, or envy; but he will give no heed to these unjust insinuations.

He will prefer being thus misunderstood and maligned, to allowing men to precipitate themselves upon a ruin which they see not. Rather than that they should perish, he will allow his own good name to be spoken against. He will risk every thing, even the hatred of brethren, rather than withhold the warning. If they give no heed to it, he has, at least, saved his own soul. If they do, he has saved both his own soul and theirs.

He would rather take up the glad tidings of peace, and tell men of Him who came the first time for shame and death, and who is coming the second time for glory and dominion; but he feels as one who has a special and personal message to deliver, which cannot be postponed.

He must remember that he is a watchman; and, having seen danger pressing on, he must not hesitate to make it known. He must speak his message of forewarning and rebuke, sparing no arrows, and neither smoothing down nor hiding any form of sin, but laying his finger upon every sore, and beseeching men to turn from their ungodliness. The evils around him press upon him sadly; the coming evils are foreshadowed upon his spirit, and, therefore, he lifts up his voice like a trumpet.

Satan has many snares which need to be detected; the world has many spells and lures which must be disenchanted; religion has many guises which must be unmasked, many devious paths of inconsistency which must be pointed out, many cherished errors which must be condemned, many carnal taints which must be abhorred and shunned. All these he must protest against without fear or favour."

by Scottish pastor, Horatius Bonar

2010/12/19 21:23
bowmyknees

Re: The Watchman

Thank you

GOD bless you

2010/12/20 16:48Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Quote:
but his blood I will require at the watchman’s hand

I think Paul was aware of this warning when he said to the Ephesian elders: "I kept back nothing that was helpful, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house, testifying to Jews, and also to Greeks, repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ...Therefore I testify to you this day that I am INNOCENT OF THE BLOOD OF ALL MEN. For I have not shunned to declare to you the WHOLE counsel of God.”

Blessings to you brother.

2010/12/20 17:20Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Amen. May God continue to raise up such watchmen.

2010/12/20 22:15Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i see no new testament ministry gift called the watchman but have met many young men who believe that this is their calling.it usually stems from a puffed up,self centered,selfrighteous,low performing individual.it is however important that you take care to watch over the children that you are responsible for and protect them against the wiles of the devil being loosed upon the earth.paul surely looked after the people he was responsible for.he was their pastor and their father in the faith.remember that satan is the accuser of the brethren and we are not to join in league with him in this endeavor.we are to do justly,love mercy and walk humbly with or God.jimp

2010/12/20 23:22Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

"Who say to the seers, "You must not see visions"; And to the prophets, "You must not prophesy to us what is right, Speak to us pleasant words, Prophesy illusions."
(Isaiah 30:10)

Sadly, that is the sentiment not only of non-believers but also believers.

Like the original post lays out, you that are given a hard word from the Lord cannot let such sentiments discourage you from preaching that word.

2010/12/20 23:35Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Satan, who is the accuser of the bretheren will give the people an encouraging message like: " You shall NOT surely die." Gen 3:4 that produces death, while the watchman who does the dirty work of telling people depressing messages like : " You shall surely die. " Eze 3:18 that produce repentance and life.

A message is valued not by its severety, but by its fruit.
Does it produce death or does it produce life.

The false prophets'message was peace, peace when there was no peace because the people were living in sin.

It seems a loving message outwardly, but the fruit was death.

2010/12/20 23:37Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Quote:
you that are given a hard word from the Lord cannot let such sentiments discourage from preaching that word.

Amen brother. May God raise more men who are not afraid to speak the hard message that brings life. Because if God runs out of men, you know what will happen? He will raise women, children, and yes, even dumb animals.

2010/12/20 23:42Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, at the birth of Jesus the angels cried out peace on earth...not satan.Jesus said that He did not come to condemn the world but to save it.a man who has no influence has no power to be a watchman for his cries are without any respect. if you want to be a watchman first you must be recognized and respected for your credibility. any idiot can cry wolf even if he has never seen a wolf.this negative and critical move has not changed anything at all. the wolves are still fleecing the sheep... the profits are still robbing the widows and orphans...the immoral are still ministering.nothing has changed...it has gotten much worse.jimp

2010/12/21 0:04Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

hi, Jesus said He did not come to bring peace but a sword. The first message He preached was repentance, the same for every true preacher of Jesus Christ. Those who want to continue thinking that things are not that bad can continue in their delusion. Jeremiah cried out day and night with little results to show. Success in God's eyes is not about numbers but faithfulness to Him and His Word.

2010/12/21 0:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy