SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Detroit Free Press - Billboards say Jesus is Returning On May 21,2011

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Twice, in Luke's Gospel, Jesus says "Go not after them", regarding those that are setting a time for His return. Do not even follow them.

Luke, when ye shall desire to see one of the days of the Son of man, and ye shall not see it.

Luke 17:23 And they shall say to you, See here; or, see there: go not after them, nor follow them.

Luke 21:8 And he said, Take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them.

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

And what is a false prophet, but a LIAR. And what will happen to all LIARS?

Luke 17:20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

2011/4/11 9:31

Re:

Uh lets see here. Didn't I read sopmewhere in the New Testament that no one knows the day or hour. Guess I must have misread that. Funny thing I was living in Little Rock when Ed Whisenhunt said Jesus would return in 1988. I am still here. For that matter Mr. Whisenhunt was never raptured. Guess we better rethink our eschatology. Anybody got a copy of Hal Lindsey??? Chuckle.

2011/4/11 17:56
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re:

Quote:
We don't really need to know just WHEN our Lord will return. After all, as Greg pointed out, many people are dying without Christ each and every day. It shouldn't take a calculation of the end, an expected doomsday, earthquake or tsunami to get us to tell others about Christ. We should be just as diligent as these with bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to a world where people may meet their maker at any moment.

Well said. Perhaps the billboards will serve a valuable purpose in reminding us that Jesus will indeed come again. I don't know when He will come again, I don't know the hour or the day, but I do know that there is no hour or day when He could not come.

For each one personally it will be very important whether the Lord Jesus is our Judge on that day or our Savior. We must not wait to accept Him, one day it will be too late.

The world needs strong and trusting Christians, especially in these dark days, we need vision to see the reality of God's plan and of Jesus' victory...

Where there is no vision, the people perish...
Proverbs 29:18

In Christ,

Ron

2011/4/11 21:50Profile

Re:

Truly beginning to wonder, who will stand by The Word of GOD?

2Th 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
2Th 2:2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
2Th 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2011/4/11 22:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy