SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Detroit Free Press - Billboards say Jesus is Returning On May 21,2011

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jeremy221

Re: The Coming of the Lord

Regarding being prepared for the coming of the Lord, I have often wondered why this reality is not more provocative for action among the Lord's people and I think I may have the beginnings of a thought. It ties in with something I heard from a sermon by Art Katz dealing with keeping the Sabbath. He stated that for a long time he considered all days holy abiding in the rest that comes from walking in the Spirit so that it is the Father who does the work. However, in the middle of a ten day fast of the entire Ben Israel community the Lord brought a word through a brother of gentile decent about keeping a true Sabbath and really stopping. Stepping beyond a spiritual experience to a literal expression. It was a word in season and the community decided to adopt it. In a similar manner, I wonder what it will take to go from a zealous doctrinal stance to a clear vision of the verity of God coming in judgement.

2010/12/4 23:06Profile

Re:

Well... this pretty much guarantees that Jesus will NOT return on May 21, 2011.

I hope He returns on May 22... now wouldn't that be a kick in the pants! lol

2010/12/5 7:02
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Detroit Free Press - Billboards say Jesus is Returning On May 21,2011

This is so grievous!

I checked out the "Family Radio" website and on it in bold letters they say: "Judgement Day - May 21, 2011 - The Bible Guarantees it." Seems to me this is just giving the enemies of our LORD Jesus more opportunities to ridicule the WORD and by extension his people.

"Family Radio" have a long article posted on their website detailing why they are so certain that this is the day for the LORD's return. They are so convincing...reminds me when Edgar Whisenant insisted that Jesus will return in September of 1988. He was very convincing...seems to me that Family Radio is merely recycling Whisenant's theories, modifying it to reflect current times.

This is grievous....

ginnyrose

2010/12/5 10:14Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re: Jeremy

I just listened to that same sermon like eight or nine times last week Jeremy.

2010/12/5 10:16Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

What is the name of that sermon?
Thanks in advance.

2010/12/5 10:24Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

This past weekend, I actually saw one of these billboards in the San Francisco Bay Area. It didn't announce that Jesus was coming on the sign, but it did include the date and the website (that makes the claim).

It is amazing that people are citing a particular day -- when not even the Son knows that day or hour (Matthew 24:36).

But, like Greg said, today can be the "day" that people have their very own meeting with the Lord. After all, TODAY is the day of salvation. We aren't promised to live through the end of the day. In fact, many, many people will die today without having ever known the Lord.

As we drove by the sign, my wife pondered, "Do you think those people will become 'post-trib' after May 21, 2011?" I said that I was a bit more worried about the reproach that such loud proclamations can bring upon the Body of Christ and the true Gospel to the world when they make such bold claims.

We don't really need to know just WHEN our Lord will return. After all, as Greg pointed out, many people are dying without Christ each and every day. It shouldn't take a calculation of the end, an expected doomsday, earthquake or tsunami to get us to tell others about Christ. We should be just as diligent as these with bringing the Good News of Jesus Christ to a world where people may meet their maker at any moment.

2011/4/6 18:37Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Two weeks ago in Newport Oregon, I saw a gentleman on the street corner holding up a sign making this same declaration...

2011/4/6 18:51Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re: Detroit Free Press - Billboards say Jesus is Returning On May 21,2011

I have seen quite a few of these billboards in the Los Angeles area within the past year or so, sadly to say.

2011/4/7 0:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Two weeks ago in Newport Oregon, I saw a gentleman on the street corner holding up a sign making this same declaration...

You didn't have a chance to talk with him? Might have had an very interesting conversation...:-)

2011/4/11 8:54Profile
PassingThru

Re:

It would be interesting to see if they would accept the challenge to write their property over to someone else on May 20th - since they 'believe' they won't be needing it anymore.

PassingThru

2011/4/11 9:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy