Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : bro mark driscoll

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
knitefall

bro mark driscoll

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/religionsaves

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/religionsaves/emerging-church

I know I'm rocking the boat posting this but this is one message by our friend Bro Mark Driscoll.

I have found many of these to be a blessing but it does not mean that all of what he says is a blessing.

Peace!

2010/12/2 0:04Profile
knitefall

Re: bro mark driscoll

HA! Here is the story of some of us on SI:

http://www.marshillchurch.org/media/religionsaves/humor#play

Listen to the first 15 minutes!

2010/12/2 0:22Profile
knitefall

Re:

Oh man, this is SOO funny!

"cut off your pickle joke..."

AH!

2010/12/2 0:36Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

There is very little to laugh about when the masses many of the "religous people" Mark Driscoll is talking about, including many that we have loved our whole lives, are defiantly rejecting the Gospel and are on their way to Hell. There are many in bondage to sexual sin, drug addiction, false religion. There are starving widows and orphans. This is not the time to laugh it is time to mourn, weep, and pray.

I used to attend Mark's church occasionally when I lived in Seattle. If I lived there still I would have to refrain from attending. This is breaking my heart. There is not humor in Aaron's reaction to Moses during the worship of the Golden calf like Mark says. I cannot believe I am hearing this.

"Woe to you who laugh now, for you shall mourn and weep."
Luke 6:25

God forgive us. We have lost our savor. We are worthless and do not deserve a gracious visitation in revival. I am so sorry lord. Have mercy on me.

2010/12/2 0:59Profile
knitefall

Re:

Yes, woe is me... Imma eat wormz...

that is soooo funny!

2010/12/2 1:20Profile

Re:

Travis, it's all about entertainment today.

Keep the paying patrons happy and entertained.

You are right, we do not deserve revival and won't get it.

Have you ever seen the movie "Timechangers"?

A friend recommended it to us and we watched it.

A God fearing man from 1880 or so was thrust into the future, about 2002, I guess.

He went to a church and was shocked at the attitudes and morals and yet those in the year 2002 were very comfortable and accepting of things. He got up and preached a good message. I was inspired. My kids thought it would be boring but were inspired, also.

2010/12/2 1:23

Re:

I just listened to him.

Obviously, he has had an easy life and he is extremely shallow.

So this is the Mark Driscoll that everyone has been talking about.

My advice. Quit wasting your time. Obviously, he loves an audience and loves people to laugh at his jokes.

He makes fun of just about every type of sinner there is.
He's real deep.

I have never ever heard someone like him. Obviously, this is what the religious consumer is demanding.

2010/12/2 1:36
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

For the wound of the daughter of my people is my heart wounded; I mourn, and dismay has taken hold on me. Jeremiah 8:21

2010/12/2 1:45Profile

Re:

Jer 9:1 Oh that my head were waters, and mine eyes a fountain of tears, that I might weep day and night for the slain of the daughter of my people!

Jer 9:2 Oh that I had in the wilderness a lodging place of wayfaring men; that I might leave my people, and go from them! for they be all adulterers, an assembly of treacherous men.

Jer 9:3 And they bend their tongues like their bow for lies: but they are not valiant for the truth upon the earth; for they proceed from evil to evil, and they know not me, saith the LORD.

2010/12/2 1:48
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

An appalling and horrible thing has happened in the land:the prophets prophesy falsely, and the priests rule at their direction; my people love to have it so, but what will you do when the end comes? Jeremiah 5:30-31

2010/12/2 1:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy