SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Past, Present, and Future Forgiveness?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Past, Present, and Future Forgiveness?

When we ask Jesus to be our Lord and savior and to forgive our sins, from my understanding, "ALL" of our sins are forgiven. Past, present, future, forgotten ones. All of them. There is no more condemnation. Question is, are our future sins really forgiven?

2010/12/1 12:48Profile

Re: Past, Present, and Future Forgiveness?

Col 2:13-14, "And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross.

How many of your sins did God know about before you were born? (All of them.)

How many of them did He record on your certificate of debt mentioned in the passage in Colossians referenced above? (All of them.)

How many of your sins did Jesus pay for on the cross? (All of them.)

How many of them were future at that time? (All of them.)

How many sins was He referring to when He said, "If is finished"? (All of them.)

At the time you were saved, how many of your sins did God forgive?

2010/12/1 13:02
Lysa

East TN for now!

I'm not sure. I would not tell anyone they are not saved but I could not in all good conscience tell them, "No worries about ever repenting again, all your future sins are forgiven as well."

I wasn't trying to be a smart alec, I really would like to know as well. I hear other people teaching this in the jail to the inmates.

God bless,
Lisa

2010/12/1 13:03Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Re: Past, Present, and Future Forgiveness?

Tuc,

do you ever repent over anything?

I'd like to know b/c logically if our future sins 'are' forgiven, then we never ever have to repent about anything again, do we? Just saying...

God bless,
Lisa

2010/12/1 13:06Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

uc,

do you ever repent over anything?

I'd like to know b/c logically if our future sins 'are' forgiven, then we never ever have to repent about anything again, do we? Just saying...

God bless,
Lisa

That's good Lisa! I never thought about that.
I guess my "best guess" would be The mind here is key, the body simply a vessel to contain thoughts, loving thoughts.

2010/12/1 13:12Profile
knitefall

can I offer a little insight?

I don't mean to stir water and tip the boat... to much.

I've posted on these things in the past and have found folk have nasty spirits sometimes. So I will not argue but will offer the Grace and Faith explanation:

confession will get you forgiveness of some sin or that sin. Repentance will get you the Kingdom.

We do repent of self and self's power. Along with that, we repent of viewing God as an angry judge that needs to be pleased by our good acts and good behavior. THAT, we repent of.

Of coarse there will be manifestations of flesh through our life.

Jesus bore ALL our sins at the Cross. So you must STOP bearing them (thought they are there at times).

He is altogether Lovely.

2010/12/1 13:27Profile

Hi MrBill,

Don't know if you had this verse in mind, but your question reminds me of an old thread called Propitiation and the Red Heifer. Until we lay hold on God for a specific forgiveness, we have not received it, even through the provision for it has already been made.

Romans 3:25
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Paul's plea to the Corinthians in 2:5, is on the basis that they need to be 'reconciled' with God. We assume he was speaking to Christians.

2010/12/1 13:29
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: Shall we continue in sin?

One of the requirements for being forgiven is confession:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

G3670 ὁμολογέω homologeō hom-ol-og-eh'-o
From a compound of the base of G3674 and G3056; to assent, that is, covenant, acknowledge: - con- (pro-) fess, confession is made, give thanks, promise.

How can we as human beings acknowledge something that is to happen in the future? We can acknowledge the likelihood of it happening … but to acknowledge a specific sin before committing it would be like premeditated murder … then you run into another issue:

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

We are not even supposed to be sinning at all after dying to sin:

Rom 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
Rom 6:2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
Rom 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
Rom 6:7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

If it happens, there is hope … in the advocate:

1Jn 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1Jn 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
1Jn 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jn 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

If it happens on a regular basis after we are supposedly saved … it is highly likely that we are merely deceived and not really saved:

1Jn 3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

2010/12/1 13:53Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Of course I am going to agree with the Word of God, but isn't confession and true repentance sort of different. I could confess to a crime, but go on being a crook, right?

2010/12/1 13:58Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Rom 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
Rom 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

2010/12/1 14:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy