SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christmas is evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Traditions nullify the Word of God when we lift them up above the Word of God... in other words we elevate them and make them more important.

It does not say that traditions of men are evil in and of themselves. That is a distortion of scripture.

By the way, you misquoted me (because I changed my wording from condemn to "not participate in"... big difference).

Cookies!

2010/11/30 12:16

Re:

It is one of those holidays where I have experienced that many lost people are more open to talking about Jesus. I use it as such.

My kids know the history of Santa and that he is a myth and a lie. No problem there.

It is also a great time to talk to lost family members rather than shun them.

It's good to be free, folks. Good to be free to love all men and try to help them see our Saviour.

2010/11/30 12:39
rainydaygirl

Re:

Quote:
By the way, you misquoted me (because I changed my wording from condemn to "not participate in"... big difference).

Brother I did not misquote your original post because I copied from what you wrote and pasted using the quote button. Since you went back and changed what you wrote I am happy to go back and edit the quote if it would make you happy:)

You are correct in saying that the traditions of men nullifies the Word of God when men lift them up above God. There are those that I know who do just that, they do it with Christmas and with some of the other traditions that you mentioned that go on in church buildings today.

EDIT: As soon as I posted I felt the Lord quicken to my heart to come back and edit I had written. I came across as being defensive and that is not the spirit or the heart that the Lord would have of me toward another member of the body. I do regret that my words might have been seen by anyone even if it were just for a moment. "Please forgive me Father. AMEN"

rdg

2010/11/30 13:05Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

I say just have your own type of Christmas,do what "you" feel lead to do, if you give it to much thought, Satan will let others thoughts about Christmas enter your mind. If I want to share gifts, I will, if I want to hang 50,000 lights I will, If I want to put up a 30' tree I will, if I want to stand out in the street and give away money, I will. I personally know were my relationship stands with the Lord, this is why I am able to enjoy Christmas, I Love this time of year, who knows in the mist of all my Joy, I just might plant a seed, or even make someone's Christmas a little better because of my Love and Joy. Bottom line, do what "you" feel lead to do, and remember God uses us all in different ways, his ways are not or ways and his thoughts are not our thoughts, if we all thought alike, God would not need but one of us, and it sure would save him a lot of headaches.

2010/11/30 13:51Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
God would not need but one of us, and it sure would save him a lot of headaches.

LOL :-)

ginnyrose

2010/11/30 14:42Profile

Re:

As I said earlier today it matters not if someone does Christmas or does not do Christmas so long as whatever they do they do it unto the Lord.

And frankly I would prefer if more people did not celebrate Christmas because simply put it means more Christmas cookies for me. And really, when you boil it all down, isn't that what Christmas is all about anyway?

2010/11/30 15:40
knitefall

Re:

shall we carve out a tree into a body organ that Grace may abound? God Forbid!

Just had to toss my two mites in.

I like the cheer of Christmas even if the world does also.

2010/11/30 15:56Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

I am glad everyone has prayed about these things, that they have honestly searched their own hearts and come before the Lord to ask what HIS will is in this matter with no preconceived answers. That is truly what matters most. It breaks my heart to say that I have family members who never have asked the Lord what HIS will for their life is when it comes to taking part in some of the traditions that they are accustomed to. They just grew up as children in church family, in church settings, where celebrating Christmas was always the thing you did so they never stopped to ask the LORD what HIS heart on the matter was. I wish you who have taken part in this thread the very best.

rdg

2010/11/30 16:51Profile

Re:

Wish you and your loved ones the very best, too.

2010/11/30 16:58

Re:

I was eating lunch with two Indian (India) guys I work with. One is Hindu and one is Christian.

There was some Christmas music playing. The Hindu guy made me laugh. He likes the song, "Santa Baby". I almost coughed up some food, I was laughing so hard. He was laughing also. It was fun.

Later a song came on about Jesus and he started asking questions and we ended up talking about all kinds of things related to the Lord. Everything from the garden of Eden, Babylon being in Iraq, the angel appearing to Joseph to protect Jesus, and death. How death is the great equalizer. Rich or Poor, it visits us both and how Jesus Christ conquered the grave.

I don't know any other time of year when people asks questions on their own about Jesus. For some reason they feel more comfortable about it.

God uses everything!!

2010/11/30 17:04

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy