SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Christmas is evil

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Christmas is evil

Just joking! Ok, now that we got the annual "Christmas is evil/not evil" thread out of the way, let's leave it alone this year? Deal?

2010/11/29 12:04Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re: Christmas is evil

I haven't even figured it out- and I live in North Pole :)

2010/11/29 12:09Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

LOL.

2010/11/29 12:12Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Maybe we need a new years eve is evil thread too?

2010/11/29 12:12Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Your posts make me feel unwelcome - seeing matters I consider serious being trivialized. You actually made a joking matter of my beliefs.

Why do you feel the need to make light of something a brother or sister in Christ feels convicted about? This is uncharitable.

I forgive you because you do not know what you are doing. Lord willing you will understand some day, at least you will eventually.

I do not think it is a salvation point so why make this thread?

white stone

2010/11/29 13:13Profile
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

No offense meant White Stone- I respect your personal convictions on this matter and appreciate your willingness to take enough time to study and act on your convictions. Just trying to make light of a topic that gets wayyy to out of hand each year. Kind of like a "I know that this is a big deal to people, lets give it a rest this year" kind of post. It is, as you said, an non-salvation issue.
Joe

2010/11/29 13:28Profile

Re:

Christmas is fun!

Make Christmas a fun time of year.

No one has to go crazy buying gifts, but you know putting up colourful lights and singing godly songs and setting a table and be festive about our Lord's birth is all that one has to do, if they so wish it.

And I really don't care when Jesus was born. I know that He was born, He died and rose again for our redemption. And why can't it be done when everyone else is on holiday to celebrate it?

The people that I know that research that Christmas is pagan are the most tight wad scrooges that I have ever seen besides the Grinch of course. My Dad was one of them. He just didn't want to spend the money. And the great thing about it was, he didn't have to spend anything, he could have just spent time with his kids, but no, he made it so miserable for all of us. So when Christmas comes, I do the opposite of what he did. I love Christmas. Why just tonight I was at a store and I sang a few bars of a Christmas song and everyone looked over and they just smiled. I think the Lord smiles on that.

2010/11/29 21:09
JB1968

Ohio USA

Re:

I love celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ!

2010/11/29 21:48Profile

Re:

What does this verse mean to anyone?

Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Anything that is good in this world is from God.

Paul is not qualifying anything at all. Is he? He says, "Whatsoever".

If you find something good in celebrating Christmas then you have the freedom in Jesus Christ to celebrate Christmas.

Every day of the week is a pagan name. Every month of the year is a pagan name. Hey, guess what? We live in a pagan world.

Who are we to judge our brother and sister and tell them that they are in sin for celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ during Christmas or His resurrection on Easter?

Excuse me while I go and put the star on my tree.

2010/11/29 22:08

Re:

Quote:
I live in North Pole :)

WOW. That's pretty rad. Is this the time of year when there's no sunlight 24/7?

2010/11/29 22:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy