SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Public Confession from Krispy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Joe, I certainly do not want to add to your burdens.

I am sorry that you and your family have gone through so much and my apologies if I offended you.

2010/11/29 16:36
jlosinski

North Pole, Alaska

Re:

No problem Pilgrim,
Just didn't want my intentions misunderstood. I love this forum, where else is there so many people tripping over themselves to say "I forgive you, and I've been there myself." :)
Joe

2010/11/29 16:56Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

God bless you, Krispy.

It is so gratifying to see how the Holy Spirit is still working to convict people of their sin and to see people humble themselves to admit it and ask for forgiveness.

Krispy, we have seen the evidence of God working today and for this we are grateful. It is humbling to me to be a witness to this miracle.

God bless you and keep you and may his face shine upon you and give you peace.

Blessings,

ginnyrose

2010/11/29 18:03Profile

Re:

I don't know you but I respect you a lot for confessing. I hope you feel some peace and don't continue to condemn yourself for it.

2010/11/29 23:32
amranger

Montana

Re: Public Confession from Krispy

I was just reading another thread that was asking the question does this forum glorify God? I want to thank Krispy for his confession here. I think this thread is glorifying to God and will convict and encourage many people. My prayers will be with you Krispy. God bless you brother.

Andrew

2010/11/30 0:31Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Krispy... Forgiven.

Blessings brother!

2010/11/30 1:32Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Public Confession from Krispy

Quote:
I had a heart attack several months ago and God used that to make many many changes in my life.

I would like to comment on Krispy's heart attack. Ever since he PMd me about it I had to think about it...

The basic reality is how God will redeem bad events to bring Him honor and glory for our own good. Always. It can be health issues, storms, calamities - all kinds of things that work to upset our securities....These things all work to demonstrate to us that one CANNOT depend on what is seen to be strong. Not even the big things, whatever that may be.

I, also, have had what I think is called 'silent heart attacks'. I have had two of them. My cousins tell me to be prepared for 'heart trouble' because everyone of Dad's family suffered from it. How well I know!

I look at this reality and ponder on what or how should I respond if it happens to me: do I want to be kept medically alive so I can get to live to be 90+ and have Alzheimers like some of my uncles did? Or, should I back off and allow nature to take its course? Since I am of the mindset to allow nature take its course, I believe God to be in control and that if he wants me now, this will be fine. Or, is it, really?

Now you see, having faced this head on, it does wonders to you - you think a lot about dying: am I ready to go? It helps you to reorder your priorities: what really is important? Why do I have the interests that I do? Who will benefit? will it endure and for what purpose? It is a powerful tool to evoke a sense of the urgency in your serving the LORD, to be faithful, to be obedient and to know Him in all things. Doing so will evoke within you an anticipation of this homecoming!

Still, when I think of our sons still away from God I cringe mightily in my spirit and flesh. Then my plea is "wait a little bit longer, please Jesus, there are so many still wandering out in sin...(Remember this song?) Yet, I know God loves them and will do whatever possible to bring them in. This can challenge your Trust...

I deeply appreciate Krispy's testimony of how God used this heart attack to waken him. May we all be challenged to be faithful. You know it could next be me or you and it could be fatal with no second chance. Steve was given this as was I. And all of us, if we are honest.

God bless each and everyone as we serve the LORD.

ginnyrose

2010/11/30 10:08Profile
dougr777

Re:

Krispy,

While we have never talked much, it was great to read your post and see the Love of God and forgiveness towards you in this confession and walking in the light. Forgiveness given to you brother for I have been just as sinful and foolish in my past as well online.

I pray that our Heavenly Father would show love, grace, peace and mercy to you today as you enjoy His presence today.

Be blessed in our Father's love,
Doug

2010/11/30 10:34Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
Now you see, having faced this head on, it does wonders to you - you think a lot about dying: am I ready to go? It helps you to reorder your priorities: what really is important? Why do I have the interests that I do? Who will benefit? will it endure and for what purpose? It is a powerful tool to evoke a sense of the urgency in your serving the LORD, to be faithful, to be obedient and to know Him in all things. Doing so will evoke within you an anticipation of this homecoming! Still, when I think of our sons still away from God I cringe mightily in my spirit and flesh. Then my plea is "wait a little bit longer, please Jesus, there are so many still wandering out in sin...(Remember this song?) Yet, I know God loves them and will do whatever possible to bring them in. This can challenge your Trust...

ginnyrose, I have felt and had some of these same questions myself.These questions have been on my heart and mind much recently.

Steve as always brother my prayers are with you. The internet can be a real minefield to wander through and there are many pitfalls we all need to be on guard against.Thinking about what you shared I realized that the temptation to invent things about one self is always there, tempting us to be all who we think we should be or who the world finds acceptable. I don't like my mousy brown hair and plain brown eyes...with the stroke of a key I am now a gorgeous red head with bright blue eyes! Or my weight may be the issue, or age, or job, or million other things that can be made up or faked when one is behind the keyboard. I know there are many reasons we do these things, for some its fear, others it might be vanity, still others it might be a need to impress or have greater worth? The reasons don't really matter what it comes down to is at one time or another we have all faced this temptation and struggled with it. No one is immune to this temptation so no one has the right to hold anything against you because you stumbled and sinned in this area. I think its a great testimony of how God is working in your life and how you are willing to die to self to come here and share this with us all.

Thank you for sharing and God Bless
mj

2010/11/30 10:44Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Biological clock...

Hi Sister Ginnyrose...

That is a very interesting set of thoughts!

I have always thought that an illness or an ailment can be a blessing in disguise. Often, death comes unexpected. Whether it is a sudden stroke, an act of violence, an accident, or even an airplane flying into your building -- some people meet their maker unexpectantly.

This is not true for those who are "diagnosed" with an illness. Cancer can be a horrible diagnosis with a long struggle for those who face chemotherapy. At the same time, it provides an unexpected gift to those who suffer. They have time to face their own mortality.

Whether they have a few weeks or months (or years) to live, they have the opportunity to "make things right." The same is true for those who survive other ailments (like heart attacks).

When I was a teenager, the part-time janitor of our Church facilities, Jerry, was diagnosed with cancer. He had been feeling pain for a few weeks and finally went to the hospital for a check up in early December. They diagnosed him with cancer that had spread throughout his body...and he immediately began an aggressive regimen of chemotherapy. Unfortunately, the effects of the chemotherapy took its toll. This janitor passed away on the morning of February 2nd.

I remember attending the funeral and seeing the hurt on the faces of his wife, four children and the rest of his family. This death came quite suddenly -- about two months after his diagnosis. The funeral was well-attended by his family members, co-workers and the church congregation.

At one point in the funeral, the pastor allowed people to share some of their memories and thoughts of Brother Jerry. As people tend to do in funerals, people stood up and talked about the good ol' days. They spoke about his virtues and fact that he was a "plain spoken man" who loved his family. Everyone seemed to share "good" things.

However, one older man who worked with Jerry eventually stood up. He was a coworker and said that he and Jerry had not gotten along for a long period of time. It seems that Jerry had somehow wronged this man many years ago. However, following his diagnosis, Jerry called this man and "made things right." After this man, another man got up and said the same thing. After him, another did the same.

Eventually, a handful of men stood up and made statements about how Jerry had contacted them following his diagnosis in order to apologize for some wrong. Regardless of whether he stole from someone years ago or had lied to them a few months earlier, Jerry attempted to make amends for his wrongs.

I think that this was showing "fruit unto repentance." As awkward as it may have seemed at a funeral, I thought that it was a blessing. You see, Jerry was a man of character. He didn't want to face God with dirty hands. His struggle with cancer actually gave him the impudence to approach people that he had wronged and offer a very humble, heartfelt apology. In this sense, the physical ailment led to death -- but it worked for something eternally good.

Last night, I prayed for Steve. As I lay down to sleep, I was thinking about all of this.

This morning, I woke up quite early. I have a difficult time sleeping with any light and I tend to wake up with the first ray of daylight. When early morning sunlight pierced through the curtains, I was up. Oddly enough, waking up a bit early made me think about something.

Human beings are born with something called a Circadian Rhythm. It is sometimes referred to as a "biological clock." In plants, it is the response that makes plants open their flowers in the morning. In humans, it is a biological mechanism that sets the body upon a 24 hour cycle. It is what makes the human body tired enough to go to sleep, digest food at night, have daily bowel movements, and become mentally alert in the morning (amongst other things). It is also what causes "jet lag" -- due to a disruption in the length of the body's biological "day."

For years, it was thought that this biological clock was somehow tied to the environment of the Earth. The Earth rotates in 24 hours...producing one day. Thus, our biological clocks would be assumed to be naturally tied to a physical day on Earth. However, scientists realized over the past decade that this just isn't the case.

It seems that "light" is the trigger for resetting the biological clock. About a decade ago, scientists were testing what they thought was an old wive's tale about shining a bright light behind the elbow or knee as a means to reset the biological clock. They were fully prepared to discount what they thought to be a silly and absurd claim. However, they were stunned to learn that this actually worked.

A bright "light" was able to reset the biological clock in human beings -- even in the middle of the night!

Subsequent further studies revealed that "light" seems to be the catalyst for starting a person's circadian rhythm. Scientists found that a direct, bright light from above (resembling bright daylight) was found to be the most effective method to reset that biological clock. It "wakes" a person's body, controls the release of melatonin, adjusts the body's temperature and controls the plasma level of cortisol.

In other words, light brings about a "new" day for the body. I was thinking about this in regard to Krispy's confession.

Jesus is the light of the world. In fact, He is called the light of men. The Word of God says, "In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not" (John 1:4-5). In fact, Jesus gives "light to all men" (John 1:9). Later on, Jesus said, "Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him" (John 11:9-10).

Jesus is the light that resets our SPIRITUAL clocks. When He shines, darkness must flee. The Word of God also talks about "bringing to light" even secret things (Ecclesiastes 12:14).

In this sense, God has used a heart attack to bring Krispy (Steve) to the light of life. Krispy's confession has revealed this to us...but it is only because God used that heart attack to shed light upon this situation to him. This is an opportunity to have his inner spiritual clock reset. It is a new beginning.

The best thing? Affliction makes us remember our failures and rely upon God's mercies -- and those mercies are a lot like that circadian rhythm/biological clock. They are NEW EVERY MORNING (Lamentations 3:19-23).

I am praying for brother Steve. He has a heart after God. I am confident that this new "reset" will cause him to strive to walk in the light in all things and remember the steadfast mercies and the great faithfulness of the Lord. Because of this, we are able to say "thank God" for a heart attack! What a wonderful God we serve!

2010/11/30 12:47Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy