SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Andrew Strom Renounces the Prophetic Movement & the Recent Whitedove Conference in Kansas City ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
lwpray

Sweden

Pray for the researcher

In the realm of the false prophets one does not need to have opinions.
Facts are plenty, especially as these persons love to publish themselves in various forms.
Buy their books and read. Buy their audio and video productions to hear and see what is going on.
Some of us have the possibility to fill libraries with falsehood.
It is a tiresome work to go through it, categorise it, make catalogues on its content because the amount coming in is like a river and because the content makes ones heart fall.
Much prayer is needed for the ones who are put in place for this work.
Lars

2004/11/8 8:56Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re: Repent!

Brother Robert,

I love you man. God's voice is saying so clearly to me three words "Repent and Believe." If you don't what to repent over take that to the prayer closet and see what the Holy Spirit does.

The Lord has graciously given us a season of repentance. Let's not waste the time He has given us. I love what you said here so I'm repeating it since this is a rather long thread.

Quote:
The degree to which you compromise the message of repentance will be the degree to which you allow the enemy to come in no matter who you are as a minister. The sword has to be uncompromisingly sharp- for the extent to which it is dulled down to tickle ears will be the extent to which disaster looms. As wicked as this generation is I will believe no so called prophet that is not proclaiming repentance crying loud and sparing not! Forget the flakey stuff. Forget the falsehood. We need to hear a mandate- REPENT!

2004/11/8 9:12Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

My God Robert!

I didn't realize it was this bad...
And to think I have been just practically to the point of distraction over this whole thing. It's made it difficult to pray, to sort out my own personal assumptions, digest what others have said, look at it all critically, see where I have failed in my zeal...

The point isn't in making a point it just comes up out of the...grief pit?

O saints we need to pray, please pray about this... all of it.

2004/11/8 9:31Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The Lord has graciously given us a season of repentance. Let's not waste the time He has given us. I love what you said here so I'm repeating it since this is a rather long thread.

Again, its not original, but thank God for the guy I got it from.

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/11/8 9:36Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
The point isn't in making a point it just comes up out of the...grief pit

There are a lot of issues to sort out. Prayer is the key. There are people all over the part of town where the Metro Vinyard Church is that have moved here from out of state and are disillusioned. At one time and perhaps even now Keith Green's widow even moved there. That is the level to which it seemed that God was doing a work. The whole Ravinhill preaching here and all that was a very different time than what things came to be. All sorts of people who perhaps came thinking God was going to send a real revival are probably wondering if they believe anything any more. They packed up their whole life and moved here. Some are in finincial disaster as we speak. Prayer is all that will help until God sends a remedy.

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/11/8 9:44Profile
todd

California

Re:

Robert,

You wrote:
"As I understand it and heard just yesterday, divorce and depression to the point of suicide is epidemic coming out of this movement. High rates of sickness and death, far beyond what would be considered normal."

Do you really think it's right to spread this here-say? Yeah, I've heard a lot of things that ended up being totally false. And this is exactly how it happens. One person "hears" something about something and then tells another person that they "heard" it and people start believeing it as fact and saying it's true and soon you have a whole fantasy on your hands.

Case in point...
Mike responds:
"My God Robert! I didn't realize it was this bad"

As far as the couple you actually met and spoke with, I could maybe see how you might be justified in sharing that, if you really felt it were necessary. But to tag on the rest of that unsubstantiated information seems very questionable.

2004/11/8 9:50Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Quote:
I met a couple several months ago that are so hurt that they won't even consider coming back to church. They are ultra out-of-Church Christians. As I understand it and heard just yesterday, divorce and depression to the point of suicide is epidemic coming out of this movement.

I can relate to this couple and I think there are many of us out there. I have really struggled due to the abuses/unbiblical teachings practices of the 'prophetic/charismatic' movement(struggling not in my faith in Jesus, but concerning fellowship in a local congregation). Thankfully, my Dh and I now attend a great church which puts the Word of God above all and biblically sound marriages are very much an important element of this church---in the leadership as well as the congregation. It's not a perfect church, but absolutely the most biblically based church in our area.

What I saw in my previous church(a conservative charismatic church) is the divorce rate is HUGE and I keep hearing of more broken marriages in that church. The senior pastor married a divorced woman (early in his ministry) and another pastor married the woman he had an affair with years ago......His first wife is a member of the congregation... When all this became known to us, we were so grieved. After reviewing the DivorceCare materials used by that church and in so many churches (charismatic and mainstream), we were even more grieved at the state of unbiblical teaching/practices found----especially in the Charismatic/prophetic churches----where most of the time "feelings" are uplifted over the Word of God and rightful discernment.

In my humble opinion, I believe these "feelings" led ministries are responsible for many, many broken marriages. Instead of teaching obedience through sacrifice, and the need for continual repentance, people are being taught to be led of the "spirit" into "new" things........., things either completely unbiblical or things which cannot be "tested"----which we are called to do. These "feelings" based ministries are encouraging, whether intentional or not, people justifying disobeying the Word of God----by being "led of the Spirit" over being led by the Spirit which ALWAYS is in agreement with the Word. When people are taught to be led by "inner leanings" over the Word, they are much more apt to be led off on a trail leading away from God's Will.

One more word: I have been so blessed to find this place of rest which is filled with discerning believers who are gentle, humble, yet filled with Boldness. I need much work on the "gentle" part, so like I said, this place is a real blessing to me.

PS. Lars, your writings on the "seductive" vs. "berean" reasonings are RIGHT ON. In the Body of Christ the goal of each of us should be the "berean" mindset and to purge all "seductive" reasonings from ourselves. It's quite a task as most all of us have indoctrinations of man of one sort or another--- whether we see them as such or not, those indoctrinations are there---unless we have been on an island alone with just the Word of God. Blessings.........

2004/11/8 10:12Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Do you really think it's right to spread this here-say?

Brother Todd,

Understand, I was very cautious and sensitive to the Holy Spirit to share what I shared as the details I know could not be repeated here. The KC Prophets take a lot of fire, but the people who sat under that ministry are long since forgotten in many cases. My purpose is not to spead hear say and conjecture; but to paint a portrait of what is going on here. These people's stories are those who are the boots on the ground. The young man's mother I spoke of was devastated unutterably.

I am not close enough to the movement to tell as I would like and rest assured I would call it like I saw it; yet the original account of what was happening last weekend has even been called to question and has been hotly debated on this thread. If you can't trust Andrew's word, a man who has a much more intimate knowledge of what has and is happening you will never accept my word on it. It matters not. What is happening and has happened, only God knows in completion.

God is not a God that covers up as we like to do- He is a God that will expose if there is no repentance. He will shout the sin from the housetops. As Ravinhill said in Judgment Seat; "I know who has a perfect record of them."

Again, let the prophets preach repentance.

God Bless,

-Robert

2004/11/8 10:21Profile
lwpray

Sweden

Re:

Quote:
In the Body of Christ the goal of each of us should be the "berean" mindset and to purge all "seductive" reasonings from ourselves. It's quite a task as most all of us have indoctrinations of man of one sort or another--- whether we see them as such or not, those indoctrinations are there---unless we have been on an island alone with just the Word of God.

There are two articles to be written at this point:
1. Heavenly sobriety
2. Deductive vs. Seductive thinking

Please, pray. . .
Lars

2004/11/8 10:41Profile
RobertW

Independence, Missouri

Touch Not My Anointed

For years I have been taught that many people in the body of Christ are not to be touched as they are God's anointed. But wait a minute, is not Jesus Christ the anointed one? Is He not the one being 'touched' by the falsehood and madness that goes on in His name? Is it not those who cause His name to be blasphemed among the Gentiles who need to be reproved, rebuked and exhorted with all long suffering and doctrine? Were we not warned about those that would come in not sparing the flock? We need to stop defending falsehood and start standing with the Truth. I have had my share of defending many leaders that are now big time on TV and now I wonder what was I thinking? What was blinding me and causing me to overlook so much that I clearly saw happening?

Did you know that these men in KC were given an opportunity to repent? A kind and gentle hand was extended to the leadership just last week to lead them gently to see the need for repentance- yet they would not. These things are not happening in a vacuum.

2004/11/8 11:15Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy