Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Bush Wins Race As Kerry Concedes

[img]https://www.sermonindex.net/images/forum/2004/may/featured_news.gif[/img]

WASHINGTON - President Bush won a second term from a divided and anxious nation, his promise of steady, strong wartime leadership trumping John Kerry's fresh-start approach to Iraq and joblessness. After a long, tense night of vote counting, the Democrat called Bush Wednesday to concede Ohio and the presidency, The Associated Press learned.

Kerry ended his quest, concluding one of the most expensive and bitterly contested races on record, with a call to the president shortly after 11 a.m. EST, according to two officials familiar with the conversation.

The victory gave Bush four more years to pursue the war on terror and a conservative, tax-cutting agenda — and probably the opportunity to name one or more justices to an aging Supreme Court.

He also will preside over expanded Republican majorities in Congress.

"Congratulations, Mr. President," Kerry said in the conversation described by sources as lasting less than five minutes. One of the sources was Republican, the other a Democrat.

The Democratic source said Bush called Kerry a worthy, tough and honorable opponent. Kerry told Bush the country was too divided, the source said, and Bush agreed. "We really have to do something about it," Kerry said according to the Democratic official.

2004/11/3 13:11Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Bush Wins Race As Kerry Concedes

Yes, thank God for His grace and mercy! The interceeding prayer for our President and country doesn't stop here! May we remain faithful! And may the will of God come to pass!

[i]"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18[/i]

2004/11/3 13:19Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Amen. I really feel this is good for fellow American's and Canada also. "When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked beareth rule, the people mourn." (Proverbs 29:2) Prayer needs to be the covering of all the steps the United States takes in these wicked and troubling times. Amen sister Yo(landa).

2004/11/3 13:21Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Thank the Lord, it is over!!!! Unfortunately, this won't help to wake up the christians in America, they can continue to slumber while Mr. Christian president has the reigns. We, as called out ones, will need to be on the alert all the more. we must awake, alert and alarm these silly people in Christian city who think things are just fine and dandy. I'll tell you, it sets a fire under me. It gives me a sickening feeling just watching Christian City grow bigger every minute.

Whew, now that it's over we can get back to what's really important: Jesus Christ and Him crucified. :-)

In Him, Chanin

2004/11/3 13:34Profile
couch

College Station, TX

Praise the Lord

All I have to say is: Jesus is Lord!

I read an article yesterday from Bill Koenig's Watch.org about how the Iranian Parliament was shouting "Death to America" and "Death to Israel" over and over again.

Sound like Psalm 2 to anyone? Yet God has declared the decree! Jesus will reign from Jerusalem no matter how much the kings rage. Indeed they plot and rage in vain!

I am thankful for the Bush win, and believe the Lord has had mercy on us in not giving us what we truly deserve as a country and a people. We need to express our gratitude to the Lord in extravagant worship and dedicated trust in Him alone.

Although things look up, we need to really pray that God would continue to change the hearts of the people back to Him, and back to His word. There is a chance that in the next four years abortion and same-sex marriage could be abolished. However, men's hearts are deceitful for their own gain, and we need the Lord to help bring about repentance and then dependence on the sovereign God of Israel.

Though the world around may hate us, and though we may be swimming against the tide, we must fear God more than we fear man. Likewise, we should trust the Lord over trusting in man. The very middle verse of God's word says "It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man."(Psalm 118:8) What a great central theme of God's revelation to us.

"Righteousness exalts a nation" the Bible says. We must pray that the nation turns back to Jesus, not just culturally as a fad, or a movement, but as a heart-determined lifestyle. He alone is our righteousness, and our salvation, no matter how many seats the GOP has.

May Jesus kingdom come, and His will be done, in seeking and saving that which is lost, and restoring a royal priesthood to himself.

Psalm 63:11 - But the king will rejoice in God;
all who swear by God's name will praise him,
while the mouths of liars will be silenced.

2004/11/3 13:41Profile
Gideons

Virginia

Re:

I agree with you Chanin. God has been gracious to America but he always judges sin that is not repented of. Judgment delayed is not judgment denied but the Lord in his mercy is offering America a season to repent before his judgment falls.

Let's be in prayer about the spiritual state among Christians in this country. Until we get serious with God, we're not going see much change I'm afraid.

I pray that President Bush will lead this country to follow Christ, not mere lip service.

2004/11/3 13:44Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Thank the Lord, it is over!!!! Unfortunately, this won't help to wake up the christians in America, they can continue to slumber while Mr. Christian president has the reigns.

I believe this ia an open-window still for Chrisitans to pray and seek the Lord on behalf of this nation, God is being merciful. Take hold of this opportunity and enter into "warfare" before its too late.

2004/11/3 13:54Profile
Yodi

Escondido, California

Re: Praise the Lord

Quote:
I am thankful for the Bush win, and believe the Lord has had mercy on us in not giving us what we truly deserve as a country and a people. We need to express our gratitude to the Lord in extravagant worship and dedicated trust in Him alone.

[b]AMEN!!![/b]

Something that's [i][b]really[/b][/i] encouraged me in my recent Bible readings was, [i](the LORD speaking of Abraham)"I have singled him out so that he will direct his sons and their families to keep the way of the LORD and do what is right and just..." (NLT - Genesis 18:19a)[/i] We can be [i][b]discouraged[/b][/i] by all those who aren't walking close with the Lord, but, I believe that shouldn't be our focus. [i][b]We[/b][/i] are singled out, different, sanctified, even amongst other Christians, to be a living example, reflecting God's image. Take heart, be courageous, for the Lord our God will never leave us nor forsake us!

2004/11/3 13:59Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Yodi, what you wrote is very encouraging! even for me! :-)

It is very hard to explain to people that, though I want more time for people to repent, etc... I have such a consuming passion to see my Lord glorified, I have this thing in me that just wants to see His people [b]hunger[/b] after Him- no matter what it takes.

I care about people, I do. But I care so much about my Lord, that it breaks my heart to see Him go without the honor He deserves. To see people give Him lip service everyday. My heart breaks. All I want to see is that His people just can't get enough of Him, that they can't surrender enough, or worship Him enough with their lives. My utter joy is to see Him glorified by these 'people' who He created.

It is very hard to explain to people- the way I feel in my heart about this. I am sure He gave me this passion for a reason- and he gives others a passion for other things.

We are all part of a body, so we are all needed. :-)

In Him, Chanin

2004/11/3 14:22Profile
Rahman

Re: Bush Wins Race As Kerry Concedes

God's Will is Done ... Pres. Bush Remains Americas
Leader...
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3595&forum=35

2004/11/3 14:37Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy