SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The "Sin Nature"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Brothers and Sisters, I want to apologize as I feel perhaps my references to the Greek or original meanings, etc., may just lead to a wrong spirit of conversation here. I would only say that I believe Jesus Christ and him crucified is the answer to the issues of sin and sins - and flesh.

Let peace reign among us brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus.

2010/11/9 21:04Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

Before I leave,

I do not agree with all on that website, but there seemed to be a big Finney confusion, and that site had his works on there. There are a few (note, few) other good resources on there, but I DO NOT agree with most of the people on that site. (see my other post with www.straightpathsbiblechurch.com on it, as before mentioned, that is what I believe.)

Thank you for your concern, brother.

Yes, Mykal, that is the answer: Christ, and Him crucified. A thousand Amens.

2010/11/9 21:04Profile
knitefall

relationship

Many say that once the Believer is Saved, the SN is eradicated. Not exactly so.

This is because we still live in the same earth suit but now by Faith. And God counts that as if it(glorification) has already happened. He does not look on the outward.

our relationship w/ the old man/ old nature has died. It's severed. You can be married and then not be married. The relationship is no more but the two people are alive somewhere.

There is STILL an inward bent to evil desire within every Christian. If you do not think so, let's put all your thoughts from the past 24 hrs on a big screen and eat popcorn.

The real matter is what I think the Lord intended this post to go to. How to get and maintain Victory over these desires that easily take us at times.

So let us examine the real issue here.

After Salvation, do we then switch back to the power of the flesh to be Sanctified? If that happens, surly we fail. Most of the Church does not realize this.

"hey, try my 12 step program"

"do what I did to stop that sin brother"

"read your Bible more"

are just a few of the dumb things people say to Believers -who had shifted their object of Faith from the Even that took place on Calvary, to their own power ie, the flesh- and are now experiencing bouts of sinful activity in their lives.

That is the Romans 7 experience. WE want to go from Rom 6 straight to Rom 8. But we DO and I yell, WE DO, go through a Romans 7 road and bang our head against the wall until we place out faith back in Jesus and Him Crucified.

hope this helps us.

Remember, the real important issue of this thread-

2010/11/9 21:37Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re: relationship

Quote:
There is STILL an inward bent to evil desire within every Christian

No there is not. Stop talking about the bride of Christ that way. She does not have some inward bent to evil desire. She desires her bridegroom.

Quote:
our relationship w/ the old man/ old nature has died. It's severed. You can be married and then not be married. The relationship is no more but the two people are alive somewhere.

The Word does not say that a "relationship" has died it says

"He who has died is free form sin" Romans 6:7

"Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?" Romans 6:3

"For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died;" 2 Corinthians 5:14

"Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

Quote:
The real matter is what I think the Lord intended this post to go to. How to get and maintain Victory over these desires that easily take us at times.

Believe the Word of God and he will set you free.

"and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free." John 8:32

2010/11/9 22:48Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
No there is not. Stop talking about the bride of Christ that way. She does not have some inward bent to evil desire. She desires her bridegroom.

haha travis thank you for that

2010/11/9 23:06Profile

Re:

The next day after you are saved, you are still living in the same flesh. Your flesh did not change. It is still the same. Your heart changed. Your desires changed and you were indwelt by the Spirit of God.

Now, you are a baby Christian and it is time to learn the love walk. (Turning from sin and loving the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul and strength and your neighbor as yourself).

You also have an enemy that will pervert and corrupt every Word that God says to you from His Word. Doubts will come, despair will come and hopelessness to walk this walk will come. God will bring you to the place where you realize from His Word and your own experience that YOU cannot walk this walk. Only Christ in you can and will overcome.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
You have become a citizen of heaven by having the faith of Abraham which was accounted to you as righteousness, because you exercised faith in the person of Jesus Christ and what He did for you.

But still you are in your same flesh.

But now it is time to learn about walking in this new life and to understand the law of the Spirit of life, because it has set you free from the law of sin and death.

Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Our initial confession is based on faith and your entire walk in this world will still be based on faith. That is why the Word says to "reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin".

Rom 6:11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

The righteousness of the law wil only be fulfilled in us if we walk after the Spirit.

Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

We can still be carnally minded because we live in the flesh.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

And if you are in the flesh (not in a body, meaning carnal), then you are not in communion and close fellowship with God.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

Adam did not stay in fellowship with God. How? By obeying His Word.

Jesus said, if you love me you will obey my commandments and HE and HIS Father will come to us and make their abode with us. That is walking in the Spirit and reckoning ourselves dead to sin. By loving Jesus and obeying Him.

We have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ. Don't give up walking with Him. If you fall, get up, confess your sins and He is faithful and will forgive you.

But keep pressing forward and as you obey His Word you will receive more and more light about this walk that He has called you to.

The mercy of the Lord endureth forever.

Is Christ in you, are you in Him?
Rom 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

So, we are warned to not live after the flesh or else we will die.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

What does it mean die? Bodily or Spiritual?

Well it contrasts it with this verse.

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

So if you are not led by the Spirit of God, what are you?

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Folks, it is really simple, and we don't need a whole lot of theology.

You will love the LORD with ALL your HEART, ALL your SOUL, ALL your MIND, ALL you STRENGTH and your NEIGHBOR as yourself.

This fulfills the Law and this is walking in the Spirit.

2010/11/9 23:57
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Rom 8:8,9
verse 9 But yet are in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Sounds like this verse is referring to unbelievers, HE IS NONE OF HIS.

We are not in the flesh, but IN the Spirit.

2010/11/10 0:09Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Luke 9:23

2010/11/10 0:25Profile

Re:

Paul is talking to Christians. He calls them brethren and says they will die unless they mortify the deeds of the body.

Rom 8:12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
Rom 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

2010/11/10 0:37
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:

exactly!!! It is a narrow way. Yes we are a new creation, but the flesh must be mortified daily by the power of the Holy Spirit. All this is done by FAITH in CHRIST. We must trust him completely.

2010/11/10 0:45Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy