SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The "Sin Nature"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
PosterThread

"Madefree" Mike

first let me say with trepidation, welcome.

i must confess to you, that i have a check in my spirit regarding your postings here.

some might say, this would be better suited for a PM. but i say bring it out in the light, and its a simple question:

are you a "Pelagian"?

this thread in my humble view went off the rails a long time ago, when those with agenda came onto this forum, came onto this thread, and sow confusion, dissent, and a spirit of anti-christ.

i'm not accusing you of that, but it seems to me, every time this little cyber communitas makes enormous breakthru's in the Unity and Love of Jesus, thats precisely the moment the enemy attacks.

we recently witnessed this when a thread popped up about a man's ministry, regarding this very issue, and much contention abounded. Dear Brother Paul West shut that thread down immediately, but right on its heels this thread reared its ugly head.

now my dear Mike, i'm not accusing you of this, but i did search out that website you presented with a fine tooth comb, and there were many similarities with the poster who had been banned,

again i ask, are you a pelagian? yes or no?

2010/11/9 20:36
Madefree

Alabama

Re: MyVeryHeart

Amen, That is the truth!

This is exactly the problem: through the teaching of the sinful nature, Satan has stolen victory from the believer! Not victory in themselves, a thousand times no, but IN CHRIST! Sin is rebellion with God, and salvation is submission to God.

2010/11/9 20:36Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re: "Madefree" Mike

As far as I understand Pelagianism... No, I am not. I owe no allegiance to a man, or his theological systems, but to the One who saved me from myself.

BTW, Which website did you search?
If you really want to know what I believe, or closest to it, go to this one: www.straightpathsbiblechurch.com

2010/11/9 20:38Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

Just the same, after re-reading your post, if I have been a hinderance in any way to the furtherance of Christian unity, I greatly and deeply apologize. It is not my goal to divide, but to try to bring to light what I believe to be the truth of God. Again, if it has happened that I have been a hinderance to Christian unity, I apologize.

2010/11/9 20:43Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
This is exactly the problem: through the teaching of the sinful nature, Satan has stolen victory from the believer! Not in themselves, a thousand times no, but IN CHRIST! Sin is rebellion with God, and salvation is submission to God.

Now the flipside to this, the flesh is very weak. And if we grieve the Spirit we can come into bondage to sin very easily. That is why we need to pick up our cross daily and crucify the flesh by the power of the Holy Spirit. This is a serious daily walk of nailing that flesh, where no good thing dwells, to your cross.

2010/11/9 20:45Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

"""According to Romans 6, a Christian, by definition would not have an evil nature inside him."""

If it were so, that would mean that Christ and Satan live in the Same temple. Which is impossible.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/11/9 20:47Profile
Madefree

Alabama

Re:

After prayer, I feel it is within all best interests that I leave this thread at this time, having stated my beliefs upon this subject.

I wish you all the greatest blessings from the Hand of the Almighty, and I believe we may rejoice that this thread has even started. This is a firstfruit of awakening, when people begin to say "why?" instead of living on spoon-fed theology. No matter what viewpoint you hold on the subject at hand, it is a thankworthy thing that you have thought about what you have been told, and have "searched the Scriptures" Praise God.

My very best.

P. S. I greatly apologize if any of my words have seemed confusing or hostile, I mean not for them to be that way, I have weighed this with tears and prayer, and I pray that God would not let the words come out in such a way.

2010/11/9 21:00Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
it refers to the evil nature in the Christian

Mr. Wuest says these things. But I am not so convinced.

And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Galatians 5:24

mkal

Minnesota

Re:

Brothers and Sisters, I want to apologize as I feel perhaps my references to the Greek or original meanings, etc., may just lead to a wrong spirit of conversation here. I would only say that I believe Jesus Christ and him crucified is the answer to the issues of sin and sins - and flesh.

Re:

Mike, it was the "gospeltruth. net site, that gave me pause.

2010/11/9 21:01

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy