Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : You Are Bigger Than Your Mountains

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: You Are Bigger Than Your Mountains

Quote:
No it's faith in God's word.

It's His faith. What do we have that we didn't receive?

through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

(Eph 2)

12 What shall I render unto the LORD [for] all his benefits toward me?

13 I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

(Psa 116)

2010/11/3 14:30
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

when it comes to mountains, I have found this article helpful.

http://www.cfcindia.com/web/mainpages/word_for_the_week.php?display=07_02&year=04

4. In the same verse of Jeremiah 23 we see the Word of God likened to a hammer that breaks the rock into pieces. If you want to make a road on a mountainside, you have to break up rocks. In these days we use dynamite for that purpose, whereas in Jeremiah's day they used hammers. The Word of God is His dynamite, capable of removing huge obstacles out of our way. We all face trials and problems in our lives-situations in which the mountains have closed in upon us and it appears as though we have reached a dead-end. Often we have remained in such situations, discouraged and defeated, not knowing what to do or where in turn. Our ignorance at such times of the promises that God has given us in Scripture has prevented us from claiming them. Otherwise, like dynamite, they would have blasted away the obstacles in our path and taken us triumphantly through the mountain barrier to the other side. How much we have missed by not knowing the Word!

He has created a way of escape 1 cor 10:13

2010/11/3 15:28Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Quote:
What do we have that we didn't receive?

What we have we received by faith.

Quote:
through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I wonder why you quoted this verse in the middle.

The whole verse says:

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

This verse speaks of salvation being a gift received through faith.

Notice it also says: NOT OF WORKS, lest any should boast.

If salvation was of works, we would have something to boast about. But because it is of faith, we have nothing to boast about.

Also please see Romans 3:27

27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Quote:
What shall I render unto the LORD [for] all his benefits toward me?

Faith is not rendering, but when man is faced with his helpless condition to save himself, he then looks to Christ for salvation. That looking to Christ is FAITH.

Quote:
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.

The act of taking is FAITH.

2010/11/3 16:02Profile

UntoBabes, I don't have anything to reply. I'm meditating on your very good points. Thank you.

2010/11/3 16:44
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Alive-to God,

I don't believe you. I think you are preparing a l o n g response because you know I get tired looking at them. (:

2010/11/3 17:09Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Mountains. Tall. Overwhelming. Intimidating. Describes life situations - sometimes.

Rarely has God ever removed these mountains that trouble me.

But what he has done is given me the grace to cope and deal with it so this situation no longer seems so overwhelming. They become small hills or flat plains.

Someone want to hear a story? I have told it before here, but there are so many new ones here that may never heard this testimony.

Dr. Field called our daughter's house one day and told me she was going to die in a few weeks unless she has surgery to remove that malignancy in her brain. I cried hard for two days.

I decided I cannot live like this! I must have this thing out with God. After putting my granddaughter to bed, I spent time in the WORD, praying and telling God that I do not have the faith that he can heal her but I do need it and would he help me with this?

After spending a long time praying, peace entered my soul because I was impressed with the idea that I should not worry at all about Regina dying. If, or when, she would die God will be there with me. In the meantime, live life to the full each and every day.

This cheered me! I no longer lived in dread of our only daughter leaving us. In the meantime, we lived life to the full - enjoying life and knowing full well the prognosis of Gina's condition unless God intervened supernaturally.

In the middle of Dec. 1995 the Holy Spirit impressed on my mind the verse "Stand back and see the salvation of the LORD." Now, I wondered what will I see? Gina was getting worse and yes, she was dying.

On Jan 13, 1996 she went into a coma and from it she entered into the glories of the LORD the next day. She dies without pain, took no meds for it at all.

That evening before when I went to bed, I read the WORD, prayed and crawled into bed. Then something glorious happened: I saw Regina's life played out - as in a movie - from the time she was born until now. This went on for hours. I was filled with incredible joy that God had loaned her to us for these 25 years. If He had not, we would have missed something so wonderful. But she belonged to him and that meant He could do with her as He pleased.

You see, God gave me this gift of joy in the midst of sorrow and grief. And would you know, I never cried as hard after her passing as I did when I got the surgeons initial report of her potential demise.

FYI: she was anointed with oil three times during her illness.

God bless...

ginnyrose

2010/11/3 17:45Profile

Re:

The mountains that get "moved" are usually never the ones that we see with our eyes, but the real mountain that needs to be removed is the mountain of fear and hopelessness. It is when someone is put into a Job situation and can say, "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh, blessed be the name of the Lord".

When we can keep our joy and love for Him in the midst of the fiery furnace, some REALLY BIG MOUNTAINS are getting removed.

Faith to stand in the fiery furnace and trust the Lord with all our being is true faith, it's absolute GOLD.

It is the faith that Jesus, the Apostles and an innumerable company of Saints have demonstrated through the centuries. It is these stories that really tell us how powerful God is.

2010/11/3 17:54

Re:

Quote:
I don't believe you. I think you are preparing a l o n g response because you know I get tired looking at them. (:

Untobabes, I can speak on behalf of AtG because I know the poster very well. If the poster is meditating on what you said, take it to heart that it's being done, because AtG is as a true blue of a person as your going to get. If AtG had something to say, AtG would have said it. AtG is not out to get you or to put you down or anything like that at all, AtG like everyone here wants to enjoy a good bible study and if something that AtG doesn't understand, AtG will further the question to find out.

2010/11/3 18:11

Re:

Here is faith that moves mountains. 1 Cor 4:7-18

7 ¶ But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

8 We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;

9 persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

10 always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh.

12 So then death worketh in us, but life in you.

13 ¶ We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; Ps. 116.10 we also believe, and therefore speak;

14 knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you.

15 For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.

16 ¶ For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

18 while we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2010/11/3 18:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy