SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : NEW SHOCKING VIDEO - IHOP, Rick Joyner, Bill Johnson, Mike Bickle, John Crowder

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
staff

Re:

I more or less agree with what elected has said.Also its a balance of looking at what the enemy is doing and understanding that God will deal with preachers that act more like ther prophets of baal than christian ministers.In the book of Kings God challenged the prophets and everyone knew after the confrontation who had the power.It was a God appointed time.Baal will be dealt with the same way in our day but under grace hopefully they wont lose their heads!If I was held to account for all my wrongs I would be the first of the 400 to get the chop.
I can see a God appointed confrontation coming up and only one group of people will have Gods blessing,the christians who sacrifice the right way.All this been said it remains hard to listen and watch this stuff,maybe the lord is getting us ready to challenge.Lets pray we are up to it.
Staff

2010/11/11 18:49Profile
Giggles

Re:

Just got the DVD. It was a challenging watch. Still not decided on this whole thing.

2010/11/23 1:21Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I actually was reading The Pilgrim Church the other day and found another Historical instance of this shaking, I will have to post the details later because I don't have the book with me, however they had strange manifestations and the sorts as we are seeing here according the to book. It said once the revival died down they had the most prosperous time the area had ever experienced.

I am not quick to judge this I believe there is a lot of Soulish and immature behaviour however I can't rule out what I have physically seen with my eyes and have personally experienced. I don't think anyone will contend this point but God CAN use this for His glory whether we are uncomfortable with what is taking place. I have friend that are in Ihop that are the Most passionate Jesus Freaks I know.

2010/11/23 1:53Profile
roadsign

Re: A call for an equipped church

Andrew, I appreciate the careful work you did in preparing this documentary. You avoided sensationalism and emotionalism in your manner of speech. In that way you encouraged thoughtfulness rather than knee-jerk emotional reactions.

So, how do we respond? I suspect that warnings alone will have little effect. Once people are in this movement, they are going to believe this is right, and let’s admit, it is indeed filling their hunger, and dulling their inner pain - though falsely. In that sense it is doing what religion has always tended to do: feed the false self. (Are we reaping what we have sewed?)

The lady who said, “I’m hungry for this”, was indeed speaking on behalf of many. Yes. People today are beset with meaninglessness, emptiness, and are craving for something to fill their souls.

The best antidote, of course is the age-old gospel hope. So, how can we give this hope? It is by offering ourselves on the alter and letting the fire of God’s love transform us and equip us for his work – that others may see Christ through us. Fix our eyes on Jesus, not merely on the problems out there (which will always be there).

We love the sinner best by offering ourselves to God.

Ephesians sets forth the means God has provided for the Church - in 4:11-16.

11 So Christ himself gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, 12 to equip his people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
14 Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. 15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. 16 From him the whole body, joined and held together by every supporting ligament, grows and builds itself up in love, as each part does its work.

Diane

2010/11/23 9:08Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re: NEW SHOCKING VIDEO - IHOP, Rick Joyner, Bill Johnson, Mike Bickle, John Crowder

As others have said, I am sure there are many who have been touched by the Lord because of their faith and hunger for God in these meetings and above all just because God is good to us.
When Jesus "showed up" or made His presence known or how ever you want to define it, demons were exposed and cast out. Flesh was also stirred up as seen in the religious opposition, and the mobs rising up against Him. These are still the same,and not to be overlooked also is the issue of just plain immature believers who need training.
God hasn't given us discernment so we can criticize and write books about how unholy all this is. But to warn and demonstrate the true power of God by bringing deliverance to these we feel are deceived, as Paul did in Acts 16 with the "damsel". Which ended up in revival called the Phillipian church.
Let's say cast out the demons, the flesh has already been crucified, and let the glory of the Lord fill the earth! Let the captives go free!
Freely you have received, freely give.

Ruf

2010/11/26 9:19Profile

Re: NEW SHOCKING VIDEO - IHOP, Rick Joyner, Bill Johnson, Mike Bickle, John Crowder

The Devil burns the rope from both ends to the middle. Here again is one end, that would appeal to the charismatic Christian, and the other end would be men like Mark Driscoll, who may appeal to the reformed/conservative end.

Both ends appeal to those looking for more than walking with Christ and learning how to love; IE: sensationalism.

I just watched this again. We are in the last days.[Brothertom]

Here is the link–
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWeUNoR30_0

-Interested in your comments...[Strom..]

2010/12/2 10:23
Joyful_Heart

Re:

This is so sad. I watched the video and was shocked. I didnt know this was taking place. I have youth in my family who I have been praying for - to be in the Lord and now I must pray for protection, discernment etc. so they are not enticed. These poor people look like they are demon possessed. We need to pray for deliverance for these people. The leaders look so smug. God help and bring Glory to Your Name.

2010/12/2 12:17Profile
humblescene

New York City

Re:

I've seen John Crowder before. Very sad grievious stuff. This stuff is huge in the uk aswell.

My wife came out from this movement as a young girl in the 1990's. She always knew it was strange. Funny thing she got saved in one of these churches. God is able and greater than these spirits of deception.

Christ is saving and placing decernment in the mist of a remanant in these places. It's like Christ saves and then still rescues out of it.

I have a dear friend who was saved in one these churches. Praise God. Now he is a leading sober voice in america.

I hope this provokes us to prayer for our beloved bretheren in these movements. Pray against these satanic principalites taking hold. They need a baptism of a holy hush for a season

2010/12/2 13:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy