SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Revivals And Church History : NEW SHOCKING VIDEO - IHOP, Rick Joyner, Bill Johnson, Mike Bickle, John Crowder

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I read in The Pilgrim Church the other day that while Wesley and Whitefield use to preach many people would shake and jerk, the book doesn't describe exactly how it looked or even went into great detail. However I did find it interesting nonetheless. It did appear in the book that many were literally trembling with Fear to the point it could be described as a shake or jerking motion. This was at the height of revival Wesley's time.

I really don't know what is causing the jerking these modern day "revivals" but it doesn't seem to be Holy Fear.

I have a friend how is a IHoper she is one of the most passionate persons I know for Jesus, she hasn't done the "jerking" yet but explains it as the Holy Spirit overwhelming the body just as some Pentecostals explain Speaking in tongues but its on a very deep level so it effects the whole body.

2010/11/9 3:12Profile

Re:

It is true that these same things were happening during the times of Wesley and Whitefield, however, these men spoke against such manifestations. Take one quote from Wesley;

"Speaking of phenomena in his own day that seemed likely to bring the true Revival into disrepute and danger, John Wesley wrote: "It is chiefly among these enormous mountains that so many have been awakened, justified, and soon after perfected in love; but even while they are full of love, Satan strives to push many of them to extravagance. This appears in several instances: ... Some of them, perhaps many, scream all together as loud as they possibly can... Several drop down as dead; and are as stiff as a corpse; but in a while they start up, and cry, "Glory! glory!" perhaps twenty times together. Just so do the French Prophets, and very lately the Jumpers in Wales, bring the real work into contempt." -Quoted from Andrew Strom quoting Wesley

No matter how anyone tries to work the angle, one of the fruits of the Spirit is self control.

2010/11/9 4:03
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"No matter how anyone tries to work the angle, one of the fruits of the Spirit is self control."

Which is exactly what I have been thinking about as well thanks for the Wesley quote! I just thought I would mention it because I thought it was interesting.

2010/11/9 4:19Profile

Re:

Haha. Again, the flavor of speech can be difficult to communicate via text. You and I are once again, in agreement.

2010/11/9 4:49
V_Veritas

Re: NEW SHOCKING VIDEO - IHOP, Rick Joyner, Bill Johnson, Mike Bickle, John Crowder

Yeah i've been involved in the Charismatic Church in the UK- it's not good.

I'm not sure what to make of Mike Pilavachi and the Soul Survivor bunch, he seems to have a Gospel concern, but at Soul Survivor this year a friend of mine walked out because of the bizare things happening in the main meeting. I wasn't too happy myself, acts 2 isnt an argument for that kind of wierdness. Also Mike seems to like HTB AKA TACF-IN-ENGLAND, and invited Eleanor Mumford (braught toronto blessing to HTB in '94) to be main speaker at Momentum (student soul survivor conference) this year-apparently she spoke well with no wierd stuff, but still?

Anyone else have any thaughts.

2010/11/9 10:18Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

These are testing times and those who love the truth God will deliver from the deception that is spreading like wild fire everywhere. These deceptive last day movements have nothing is common with classic pentecostal movement which dispite alot of counterfeit experiences in their midts, had genuine renewals and spirit filled experiences which exalted the Lord and bore holy fruit.

Most of the pentecostal fathers came from the holiness movement that emphasized the purity of heart and holiness of life, but these deceived or deceiving preachers hate purity of heart and holiness of life. The issue its not the outward manifestations bad as they are, which are the effects of a perverted belief, which spings from the bottom of hell itself.

When i was young in faith, i have seen similiar manifestation in my local church and i was very dissapointed and really "sick" in my heart to be in a presence that was antigonistic with the Holy Spirit. A babe in faith i was at that time but it never happend to me to fall uncosciencely under the so called power of the "spirit", even though i knew myself to be an honest christian who longed for the blessed pressence of God and more in advanced in faith than those who usually would fall under this strange power unconsciencely.

My prayer is that God either have mercy on those false preachers and open the eyes of their understanding and lead them to godly sorrow that leads to genuine repentance, if that does not happen may he bring judgement on the prophets of Baal, that his holy Name may be feared and glorified.

2010/11/9 10:39Profile
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

We are leaving in perilious times and great apostasy is spreading everywhere under the form of godliness but denying its power, the power of the cross to save, the power of the blood to wash our sins, the power of the Holy Spirit to make us witnesses for our Lord Jesus Christ.

The videos of Andrew remind me of the book that Jesse Pen Lewis wrote, "War on the Saints" with cooperation with Evan Roberts. I have not read all her book but a wholesome "fear" (for luck of better word) has griped my heart when i spiritually have discerned the devastating results of a great army of fallen angels with an hidden agenda lunched in to invade and deceive millions of hearts.

May God fill with his Spirit and with a holy passion for his glory, an army of men of God who have one message only Jesus and the Cross to counteract this deceiving spirits and overcome by the power of the blood and Spirit.

2010/11/9 10:59Profile
learn

Re:

Am not sure whether this question fits here but I would like to know whether the Bay of the Spirit revival is a true revival or false one. I really don't want this to turn into a bashing post or into whether its a true/false healing, just looking for discernment on whether its a true or false revival. Guess am just looking for a yes/no/don't know answer. Thanks.

2010/11/10 19:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
Am not sure whether this question fits here but I would like to know whether the Bay of the Spirit revival is a true revival or false one.

Despite the promise for God to pour out His Spirit in the last days, He never promised a "revival" would happen, as some would claim. However, He did promise deception, and a strong one at that.

2010/11/10 20:01
learn

Re:

Thanks EverestoSama. I guess you believe it's a false one. I actually logged in again so as to transfer my post to a new thread as on thinking further, I think it should be a new thread and not in this thread. My apologies to the op.

Mod, if you would be so kind, can you transfer mine and EverestoSama's posts to a new thread. Sorry for the incovenience.

2010/11/10 20:13Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy