Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Alf

Miami, FL

Need help with youth

hey all!

i hope you are all doing good in the Lord today

I am currently teaching the youth at my church and well im not much of a youth teacher i have always taught college and adults but when duty calls you must respond (im helping a small baptist church so they need ALOT of help).

What i need are youth lessons for kids in middle school and high school, i really want lessons that help them interact and keep them talking/thinking cause they have about a 2.5 sec attention span :(.

I was wondering if there was a good website where i can get good stories and even ideas from, so that i may sprinkle it on top with fasting and praying and let the Spirit do his work, cause to be honest i have realized im not very proficient at teaching this age group :(.

Anything will help, including ure prayers. As always thank you for your help, much love and blessings in Christ to all.

2010/10/21 10:42Profile
Alf

Miami, FL

Re: Need help with youth

bump

2010/10/21 13:51Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Lamp and Light Publishers has a lot of good material.

Phone: 505-632-3521

They don't really have a website to my knowledge ... unless it's this one:

http://www.anabaptistbooks.com/cgi-bin/bkstore/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=thispage&thispage=welcome.html&ORDER_ID=115914666

I have the catalog, and it seems to have more. If you call they will send it.

2010/10/21 15:56Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

http://www.persecution.com/

Wake them up with some reality. Blessings!

2010/10/21 17:48Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

I am not sure the age group you are looking at, but I must assume mid to late teens? I have worked with youth for close to 20 years now on and off, and I have done a lot of things wrong and have learned a lot. This idea of a 2.5 second attention span and entertaining lessons that have to be kept hopping is really false. Teens are like anyone else. They are hungry for intimate encounter with a living God and for truth. They don't want to be entertained, nor do they want to be blasted with all sorts of "how to live a better Christian life by doing these things and not doing these things" sort of lessons. They want someone with a real intimate and vibrant relationship with a living God to teach them how to have the same. They want someone to love them, listen to them, and speak truth into their lives.

We have defined youth a bit differently. We have a teens and twenties group that meets together every Friday night. There is lots of worship, prayer, and anointed teaching and they are engaged continually for two or three hours straight. It is not so much about entertaining youth in hopes of teaching them something, but about a passionate pursuit of God. It is transforming their lives.

Just some things that I have found to be true.

2010/10/21 18:27Profile
narrowpath

Germany NRW

Dear Alf,

thank you for your request. I was also asked to help with the Sunday School youth. My personal opinion is that I do not like to use courses or material from others - except the bible. I compare it with eating ready made meals from the super market versus a freshly cooked meal with love.

This seems to be the hard way but God will definitely assist you. This is a daring adventure, but you will see that God is faithful! I have done it myself and I have encouraged others to do so.

You can go to God and ask him that if he wants you to teach the youth, he should tell you what to teach them. The Holy Ghost will (have to!!) show it to you and it will be most authentic then. Pray that you want to teach nothing apart from what he wants you to teach and God will answer your prayer.

1 Peter 4:10-12 (King James Version)

10As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God.

11If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

God bless you in this.

2010/10/21 18:35Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

DeVern Fromke put together some books that contain some very helpful stories for building character and emphasisizing godly virtues. Not sure what age you are teaching but the Hive of Busy Bee books are excellent for younger children and the Seeing God's Wisdom and Seeing God's Purpose books are excellent for children and teenagers. I have used these books at times to supplement Bible reading during devotional time with my children and also while teaching at church, the stories keep their interest and they make for excellent discussions. Here is a link...

http://www.kingsleypress.com/devern-fromke.html

In Christ,

Ron

2010/10/21 20:28Profile
rick2018

Hello,

Here is a resource I have found to be very good. A study on the Attributes of God. It is based on Scripture and not commentary. If you want your youth to be motivated then show them who God is in His Word!! The more we labor to see who God is through His Word the more we see our sinfulness and then the amazing Christ our Savior!

http://www.monergismbooks.com/The-One-True-God-p-18238.html

In Christ

2010/10/21 23:07Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

"http://www.persecution.com/

Wake them up with some reality. Blessings!"

I am totally going to look into my youth group to write letters to the prisoners! If not my youth group then just me this is so AWESOME!

2010/10/21 23:29Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
I am totally going to look into my youth group to write letters to the prisoners! If not my youth group then just me this is so AWESOME!

Praise the Lord brother. Make sure that you sign up for their free newsletter. It is truly life changing to read. You can also get a free copy of "Tortured for Chirst" sent to you. Very good book.

Also, this is a great organization to donate too for church members or folks in House Churches.

2010/10/21 23:56Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy