SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : A reminder from SI to have salty speech

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 A reminder from SI to have salty speech

Saints,

As per another forum I was participating in here is some exhorations that I give that I would first speak to myself with but do share it with the rest of you in humility that we would all follow the way of Christ with our tongues (typing in these forums).

------

We all have at times such speech to other brothers and sisters. May we all search our hearts to allow God to teach us Himself and His ways in our speech. I stand in need of great grace to help me tongue to be under self-control and speak that which edifies my brother and uplifts him.

May we surrender all to Him including our tongues. As Ravenhill said: "Crucify our tongues, our little squirming member, nail it to the cross Lord!"

Quote:
The site moderators ask you before you post that you consider praying and ask the Lord if you have the right spirit to serve others in the body of Christ before posting and pressing the submit button. Please also look at these scriptures: Matthew 12:36, James 1:26, Colossians 4:6.

here are the scriptures from the amplified bible:

Matthew 12:36 - "But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every [a]idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak."

James 1:26 - "If anyone thinks himself to be religious (piously observant of the external duties of his faith) and does not bridle his tongue but deludes his own heart, this person's religious service is worthless (futile, barren)."

Colossians 4:6 - "Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned [as it were] with salt, [so that you may never be at a loss] to know how you ought to answer anyone [who puts a question to you]."

2010/10/12 11:41Profile
Renoncer

Re: A reminder from SI to have salty speech

Greg,
I agree with your admonition.

I confess that I have not kept a tight rein on my tongue at all times, and thereby have sinned.
I renounce this sin, and I repent, immediately. May God keep me humbled.

Love to all of you who are in Christ Jesus,
Renoncer

2010/10/12 11:57Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Yes,

I also repent of my hasty and unsalty speech.
God bless you all.

2010/10/12 12:00Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
by sermonindex
by sermonindex on 2010/10/12 8:41:10

As per another forum I was participating in here is some exhorations that I give that I would first speak to myself with but do share it with the rest of you in humility that we would all follow the way of Christ with our tongues (typing in these forums).

Brother, AMEN!!

PS: Let each of us remember to humility in our tongues also concerning wives and husbands and children (for me). Just saying...

God bless us all as we seek to please HIM!
Lisa

2010/10/12 13:23Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

It is a blessing to see these responses. May we all have such a heart. Oh Lord help me!

2010/10/12 18:40Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Very good and timely reminder, Greg.

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." - John 13:35

2010/10/12 19:09Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

yes, very timely. Praise the Lord! :)

2010/10/12 19:20Profile
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re:

Amen, Greg!

2010/10/12 21:30Profile

Quote:
May we surrender all to Him including our tongues. As Ravenhill said: "Crucify our tongues, our little squirming member, nail it to the cross Lord!"

A brother and I were just on the phone earlier talking about this very thing. He was telling me how it is not important that he defend himself.

That is basically the bottom line of it all when we reply with unsalty taste. It truly is not of God even though we believe in all our glory that it is.

Whenever we think we have all the answers, it's right then and there that we should NOT participate in the forums.

I've written up so many replies, long one's too, spend over an hour writing up thus and thus only to click on the X to close the window. I am glad that at some point in my writing that I can actually hear the Spirit say, "leave it alone". Sometimes I slip up, but most times it's just not worth defending one's position.

2010/10/12 22:09
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Quote:
A brother and I were just on the phone earlier talking about this very thing. He was telling me how it is not important that he defend himself.

That is basically the bottom line of it all when we reply with unsalty taste. It truly is not of God even though we believe in all our glory that it is.

Whenever we think we have all the answers, it's right then and there that we should NOT participate in the forums.

I've written up so many replies, long one's too, spend over an hour writing up thus and thus only to click on the X to close the window. I am glad that at some point in my writing that I can actually hear the Spirit say, "leave it alone". Sometimes I slip up, but most times it's just not worth defending one's position.

Good points.

I can't count how many times that I have written long (or short) responses that I was going to add to a thread and then felt a gentle tugging from the Lord to simply walk away. OF course, the temptation is always there to defend a position (or the lack thereof if a general lack of evidence merits). Yet it never hurts to prayerfully "sit" on our words for a while.

More times than not, I read the words that I wrote a few days later...and I am happy that I didn't post them. It isn't that I didn't believe what I wrote -- but that I didn't want to give in to vain conversations or any attempt to replace "defending the faith" with needlessly "defending my view."

My dad used to tell me not to worry about "reputation" -- because it is "character" that truly matters. After all, a reputation is a sprint and character is a marathon. Reputation can be built or lost by rumors, insinuations, misunderstanding or even lies -- but character is built slowly and firmly over a long time.

Even if you are misunderstood, mischaracterized, misconstrued or misunderstood...and even if you are "cast aside" or "handed over" for simply disagreeing by some well-meaning or misguided individual or group....or criticized publicly in the forums, or privately in constant Private Messages or behind your back via gossip and rumor -- it really doesn't change the truth. It may affect your reputation amongst a very small group for a short period of time, but it doesn't change your character at all.

In fact, such things might present an opportunity for our character to come shining through -- as long as we don't give in to the temptation to "react" unnecessarily. After all, it "all comes out in the wash" (as my mom sometimes says).

I truly appreciate the encouragement from Greg and the rest of the brethren here to maintain our testimonies in Christ in everything that we say in forum conversations.

2010/10/13 0:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy