SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Tabernacle of David

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: More Hints on the Tabernacle of David

Ok, some great answers. Continuiing on...

When James was speaking to the gathering of Saints in the early Church, he indicated that the Gentiles were coming to the Lord as a result of what David's tabernacle represented.

What did David's Tabernacle represent?

It represented the grace of God and a way OPEN into the very Holiest of ALL.

Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, WHICH THE LORD PITCHED, and not man.

David's tabernacle was similar to Moses in that it was tent, also. And it was pitched to serve as a place of worship. That is where the similarities end, though. Moses tabernacle remained at Gibeon and had all kinds of articles of furniture. And, not to be overlooked, there was one more similarity, they both had the Ark of the Covenant. But regarding the Ark, there are big differences regarding the posture of the people towards the Ark. Keep reading.

The Tabernacle of David resided on Mt. Zion. It only had the Ark inside it. No other furniture and especially no vail. It also did not have the 3 separate rooms that Moses' Tabernacle had - the Outer Court, the Holy Place and the Holiest of All.

David's Tabernacle only had one room, the Holiest of ALL.

People could not come into the Holiest of All in Moses Tabernacle, only the High Priest and only once per year and he did not stay very long.

In David's Tabernacle, people flowed in and out around the clock to worship before the Lord.

1Ch 13:8 And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.

2Sa 6:5 And David and all the house of Israel played before the LORD on all manner of instruments made of fir wood, even on harps, and on psalteries, and on timbrels, and on cornets, and on cymbals.

James talks about the Tabernacle of David, because it is very important to the Church. It is absolutely a picture of the Church. In David's Tabernacle is the Ark of the Covenant (presence of God in their midst), accessible by all of Israel, and likewise the Church, through Jesus Christ has open access to the presence of God. The Church is the tabernacle "housing" if you will, the glory of God.

2Co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2Co 4:7 But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Again, there was no "Vail" in David's Tabernacle as there was in Moses'. And today, spiritually speaking when we turn to the Lord, the "Vail" is taken away.

2Co 3:14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
2Co 3:15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
2Co 3:16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Moses' Tabernacle - A Vail
David's Tabernacle - No Vail

David's Tabernacle - Presence of God open to All
Mose's Tabernacle - Only the High Priest

David's Tabernacle - Praise and Worship - 24 hours a day with every musical instrument (Psalm 150). A "recorder" was needed because many of the songs were coming with such spontaneity. (In most gatherings today, you cannot have spontaneity)

David's Tabernacle - Unity was the experience of "All Israel". All Israel brought the Ark back.

David's Tabernacle - There was great joy in the congregation.

So, what James said in Acts 15 is extremely significant for the Church. God is indeed rebuilding the "Tabernacle of David" -

Act 15:17 That the residue (remnant) of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, WHO DOETH ALL THESE THINGS;

Question 1:
Why did David fail in his first attempt to bring the Ark back? And how does this apply to the Church today?

Question 2:
1Ch 13:12 And David was afraid of God that day, saying, How shall I bring the ark of God home to me?

Regarding David's 2nd try at bringing the Ark back, what was the correct way and what did he learn? What should we learn today regarding this?

Question 3:
2Sa 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

This verse obviously shows us that David shed his kingly clothes and just wore the "linen" clothes (ephod) of a priest.

What does this say to us in the Church, today?

Question 4:
2Sa 6:16 And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.

2Sa 6:23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

Why is Michal a warning to us today and what is she a picture of?

2010/10/7 15:15

Re:

Adisciple

Quote:
The Church is the fulfillment of the tabernacle of David.

That is what I think the Scriptures are saying, too. The Tabernacle of David pictures the Church in the Book of Acts and continuiing, today.

2010/10/7 15:17
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
That is what I think the Scriptures are saying, too. The Tabernacle of David pictures the Church in the Acts and continuiing, today.

Bless you brother! There is much treasure to be gleaned from the scriptures on the topic of David's tabernacle. It is a beautiful picture of Christ and his Bride. What joy to have our veil removed so we can see our Bridegroom. May the holy kiss of Christ and his Bride shine throughout Eternity as a testimony of God's gracious covenant with his people. He is perfect and precious to us. Amen.

2010/10/7 15:32Profile

Re:

Quote:
Bless you brother! There is much treasure to be gleaned from the scriptures on the topic of David's tabernacle. It is a beautiful picture of Christ and his Bride. What joy to have our veil removed so we can see our Bridegroom. May the holy kiss of Christ and his Bride shine throughout Eternity as a testimony of God's gracious covenant with his people. He is perfect and precious to us. Amen.

Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, WHICH THE LORD PITCHED, and not man.

Yes, the Lord pitched this tent (tabernacle) that He is pleased to dwell in, not man. Wow! The Word is actually emphasizing that man did not pitch this tabernacle.

The Lord will not dwell in anything that man pitches. This should put the fear of God in us.

And we are the Church (Tabernacle of David) with the Ark (Jesus - Presence of God) in the World (Wilderness).

Question: Michal did raise some children. Who gave them to her and were they her own?

2010/10/7 15:41
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Question: Michal did raise some children. Who gave them to her and were they her own?

I don't know the answer. There is much I do not know. But I will search the scripture! Bless you!

2010/10/7 15:51Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Hi Pilgrim.

Great post. I was wondering when you were going to set forth your own thoughts on all this. :)

I agree with you that the tabernacle of David represented the realm of the Holiest of all, which in the old tabernacle housed the ark of the covenant. That's all that was in the tabernacle of David as well: the ark.

The writer of Hebrews relates that realm (the Holy of holies) to the New Covenant (Heb. Chapter 9). And that's what the church is supposed to be all about. That's the kind of simplicity the church is supposed to have: just the ARK of His Presence, and Jesus Christ reigning there, and governing all.

Without answering all your questions at the end of your post at the moment, I'll just comment on one thing for now.

Quote:
In David's Tabernacle, people flowed in and out around the clock to worship before the Lord.

I'm not clear that this was actually the case (not that I can find, anyway), but even so, King David certainly enjoyed access into this tabernacle. And that's clearly prophetic. As a member of the tribe of Judah, and not of Levi, David had no access into the earlier tabernacle Moses had built. That was only for the Levitical priests. But David the king is a type of the new covenant order, the new covenant priesthood after the order of Melchizedek, who was both a king and a priest. And so he entered right into this "tabernacle of David," right into the Presence of the Lord.

Whereas King Uzzah, when he so much as tried to offer incense in the temple-- alone a priestly prerogative-- he was smitten with leprosy. But David functioned as both king and priest, as we see on another occasion when he brought the ark to Zion, and was clothed with a priestly linen ephod.

And this is what the church is all about, or ought to be: "a kingdom of priests" who worship and serve God in His very Presence, in a little "tabernacle" which is the Holy of holies... and their ministration is that of a Great High Priest seated on the Throne between the cherubim there.

2010/10/7 16:09Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:

After David took the throne he requested her because he had paid a 1000 foreskins to the philistines for her. Would she have raised David's other children? Maybe the rebellious ones?
Still searching the scriptures.

2010/10/7 20:29Profile

Re: The Tabernacle of David

Regarding the priesthood, there is another thread of revelation which began way back in Exodus, when God first separated Levi instead of the firstborn from every family.

As the narrative progresses, the priestly function is defined and instigated, and continually it is mentioned that Levi will have no inheritance of the land, because their inheritance is the Lord and his service.

In Heb 12, we are the church of the firstborn oneS. We are included in Christ, the Elect servant, the Father's only Son (according to Paul Washer, meaning in a class of His own), who was the firstborn (begotten) from the dead. In Him we have victory over sin (kingship) and through the Holy Spirit are able to worship Him in Spirit and in truth (priesthood).

I believe Exodus is where the scriptural revelation of the separation between the spiritual and the temporal begins. Always though, as in we all died in Adam, so, all the tribes remain 'in' Jacob, naturally speaking.

Nevertheless, the singling out of a tribe to represent a member from every single family in Israel, is just as significant as the angel of death taking every firstborn in Egypt who was not covered by the blood of a lamb.

This study has greatly affected my understanding of God's insistence on total worship from His people. It is the way we show Him we have no other gods.

The fact that Jesus mentioned worship to a Samaritan woman (probably a descendant of one of the ten tribes, by the comfortable way she spoke of 'Messiah'), is also interesting, as He didn't mention worship very often, even though His lifestyle and teachings described it.

2010/10/7 20:41
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re:

This forum has had a very sweet spirit about it.

Keep up the good work, brethren!

2010/10/7 20:46Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

All I am saying, Jimmy, is that what was happening RIGHT THEN when the apostles and elders gathered in Jerusalem to discuss the question of Gentile converts having to keep the Law of Moses... this was the fulfillment of that prophecy in Amos about the tabernacle of David. For James used the Amos prophecy of the tabernacle of David to conclude that the Gentiles could come into the salvation of Christ without having to keep the Law of Moses.

If you agree with that, we are on the same page.

Well no doubt, all these happenings were definitely the fulfillment of Amos prophecy, or I don't think they would've bothered bringing it up :-)

Quote:

It's not something that pertains to another day when God,

I'm not saying that this particular word is looking for future fulfillment. The tabernacle of David has already been restored, and the Gentiles have already started making their way into the kingdom in mass, just as was foretold.

2010/10/7 21:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy