SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How do you know God is pleased with you?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: How do you know God is pleased with you?

Hi all,

I feel I need to say something, because of all the replies to my question, but, I have to do some research into 'sons of God' in a message I heard some years ago (which I've posted here in the past), which made a great impression on me. I will make bring a short transcript, to discuss further.

Briefly, I am much with Mahoney, but I also understand the charge to become mature. However, I suspect that if anyone suggested to you that your boy children are not really 'sons', simply because they're not grown-up yet, you would laugh out loud. However, no-one would want to 'own' a delinquent son, and certainly would not want to leave him an inheritance, so I do 'get' that aspect also.

Ron, I would suggest that the redemption of the body (the buying back of the body) has already happened. In the great 15th chapter of 1 Corinthians, is there any hint at all, that Paul links the resurrection of the body with FINALLY being 'adopted'? I don't think so. Thus, not only the interpretation of v 23, but also of v 19 doesn't really ring true for me - in the Spirit. To reach maturity, is a lot to do with being renewed in the spirit of our minds, and also, of allowing the Holy Spirit to help us mortify the flesh, but, doesn't Paul speak elsewhere of these in other terms? Those of putting off the old man, and putting on the new man?

Pilgrim, I would be grateful if you would kindly read a post I made this evening in Predestination and Free Will on p7, last. As I was writing it, it seemed appropriate here also, and I think you will see how. (On SI we are requested not to copy whole posts over between threads.) Many thanks.

ginnyrose, I used the verse from 2 Cor 3 in the post I mentioned to Pilgrim. I also mention the mortification of the flesh, but because of the other thread's title, the angle is necessarily different. Please read it if you are interested.

2010/10/25 18:06

Re:

Alive-to-God, my apologies for talking about spiritual maturity and thoughtlessly changing the thrust of this thread, on "How Do I Know That God is Pleased with Me?"

There have been many good replies to your question, which all Believers want to know at some time or other.

I have one last thing to offer to the discussion that just came to my mind. Jesus was talking to the Pharisees and said this to them.

John 5:38-44
And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not.

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

I receive not honour from men.

But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

From this I see several things that help me.

If you come to Jesus and His Word Abides in you, you will be perfected in Love, not seeking the honor of man but the honor that only comes from God.

Jesus, once again is trying to lead the Pharisees out of darkness but they will not be led out. He is trying to tell them what God is pleased with. How ironic and tragic, that we can spend our entire lives searching the scriptures, and being honored by men as Dr. Spiritualness who has all the answers and then end up in hell. Let's make sure we don't wake up one day to this irony.

Thanks and again, my apologies.

Blessings in Jesus, Pilgrim

2010/10/25 22:55
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I am pretty sure Micaah 6:8 tells us what is required of us or what the Lord views as Good.

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Ultimately if you are in Christ you are infinitely accepted into the family of God.

2010/10/26 1:31Profile

Re:

Yes, Micah is a good one, too. All these answers really illustrate that we need the whole counsel of God, not just a part of it.

2010/10/26 11:30
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Quote:
“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. John 15. 1-5

1. I Abiding in Christ
2. Christ abiding in me
3. Result: I will bear much fruit

Pleasing God is a matter of knowing Christ in a personal intimate relationship and loving him with all of our hearts.

Christianity is about a relationship with God. The greater our love for God and our neighbor, the better pleased is God with us. One word love is the secret and one person Christ makes all the difference in us.

Salvation is by grace thru faith but to be a disciple there is an IF, a term or condition to be fulfilled if we really want to give glory to God with our life and bear fruit. The sermon on the mount is a good standard to see whether we are pleasing or displeasing God.

If we walk in the Spirit in the way of love than im pleasing to God : "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

Work your faith by love and speak the truth in love.

Blessings
Redi

2010/10/26 11:30Profile

Hello Pilgrim,

Sorry to take so long to acknowledge your comments to me. I appreciate them.

Quote:
Jesus, once again is trying to lead the Pharisees out of darkness but they will not be led out. He is trying to tell them what God is pleased with. How ironic and tragic, that we can spend our entire lives searching the scriptures, and being honored by men as Dr. Spiritualness who has all the answers and then end up in hell. Let's make sure we don't wake up one day to this irony.

This is very sobering, every time it is brought into relief by real time events.

I hope codek will come back and share if he has been encouraged or confirmed in what was on his mind when he posted the thread. It's been a blessing to fellowship here.

2010/10/27 13:45

Re:

Thank you so much for posting here and spending time to answer my questions.

I'm sorry I've been away as I have a lot on my mind over the last year. I am reading this post right and will post a reply today

Thank you Alive to God

2010/10/28 4:19

Re:

Quote:
Yes, Micah is a good one, too. All these answers really illustrate that we need the whole counsel of God, not just a part of it

I agree with you. That is precisely why I asked because I couldn't just answer it in one way. This question encompasses so many things.

2010/10/28 4:30

Re:

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD.

2010/11/16 7:17

Hi codek,

Thanks for bringing this thread back, as I couldn't remember where I should post about 'sons of God'. However, your latest post provokes this response from me.

WITHOUT FAITH

'IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD'.

(Heb 11:6)

Romans 1
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. Romans

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

[Habakkuk 2:4
Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith.]

2010/11/16 7:25

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy