SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Mans will

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
I have never said that George Whitefield or others are false professors. I am just saying they are mistaken

I mean, does it really matter if your theology is not quite up to er...a...snuff?

I know that there are those that demand perfection, but you know, these men preached the gospel, souls were saved under their ministry. I think the Lord overlooks a lot of these idiosyncrasies when you have a heart that seeks Him.

Oh I know, someone will say, "if you know the Lord then you should have your theology straight". Not necessarily. I personally wouldn't touch these men.

2010/10/19 20:11
Renoncer

Re:

Have you noticed how Muller17 has been saturating SI forums with powerful truths of the Gospel?

I think he understands that many people are watching at this time, and that we should bless them with our words. It is a poor witness if they see people fighting over anything and everything. Also, this isn't time to throw spurious doctrines in the forum; it's time to bless people with powerful truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Praise God for such threads as "Full Salvation from Sin", "Does God hate", "The Necessity of Rebirth", "Divine Judgments and Signs of the Times", "The Need for a Clean life", etc.

Those who were suspicious of Muller17, please discern the intentions.

2010/10/19 20:39Profile
rick2018

Re: Mans will

@ walkthewalk

Hello, I am new to this post. I grew up in an arminian atmosphere; within the last two year i have begun to see things in a more reformed way. I desire to be humble in this and only want to understand things from a biblical viewpoint. Here is a helpful thought that has helped me in regards to the whole debate. I can dwell with any arminian who believes that salvation is a supernatural, Amighty work of God alone and I can dwell with any calvinist who believes in ferverently proclaiming the Gospel to all men. To compell them to come in; nay not mere desicions but to cry out to God for the power of Holy Spirit regeneration.
You ask a very deep and honest question. Here is another very similar way of asking it. When did I begin to hate the sin which I once loved and to begin to love God whom I used to hate and suppress? This is indeed a miracle because I truly did use to love sin and hate God. I did not always like the earthly consequences of it nor did I cherish hearing warnings of eternal punishment for them nevertheless I loved my sin. I was a slave to it. I know that I in the midst of loving my sin did not one day choose to begin to hate it.
Jesus is very clear that the outward sins we commit generate from our wicked heart within (Mk 7:21). I do believe that that all men have a will. But I believe that because of sin our will is broken and dead along with the rest of our nature and soul. If God would have convicted me of my sin and shown me the perfect Savior of Christ without first giving me a new heart/nature of righteousness I would never have chosen Him. I believe that in salvation God gives us a new will which necessarily chooses Him. (Ezekial 36:25-27)
One day this thought came to my mind. I mean who wouldn't choose Christ. Why it is absolute absurdity not to. The heavens, the mountains, the seas, the clouds, animals, birds, plants, sun and moon, and great seraphims all obey Him. It's a no brainer. It can only be because of sin and our enslavement to it that we don't choose God. Sin makes no sense, because it is us cutting ourselves of from the very source of Life. As absurd as an oak tree pulling its roots up out of the ground or hiding itself from the sunlight. As abnormal as sea creatures casting themselves upon the shore to die away from their source of life. It is believing a lie when we know the truth. Yet we were born into sin, and we are dead in our trespasses and sin. A dead man can't reason with himself as to whether or not to choose to be alive. Dead men don't want to be alive. Men who want to be alive are alive! :). I know that God does not raise men to life based upon any merit, virtue or works in them, but only Sovereign love. I know for a fact that if God had left me to go to hell He would still be loving. But Christ died for His sheep while they were yet His enemies. I have come to see Holy Spirit conviction of sin one of the most precious gifts from God. We don't deserved to be convicted much less made new creatures in Christ.

Why? I can only look to heaven and ask the Lord myself. Grace!!

2010/10/19 20:48Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Oh I know, someone will say, "if you know the Lord then you should have your theology straight". Not necessarily. I personally wouldn't touch these men.

Very good point. It is true that there is a certain deadness that sets in each time a new theological "discussion" emerges. Theology may be important as a custom framework, through which we think God must move, but I don't see God hampered in by frameworks. Never in history. Time and time again, I see God instead transcending theological systems (which are often more biblio-philosophical than anything else) and working from within key individuals who are drawn to Christ by genuine love and recognize the Kingdom of God dwells within. Dear brethren, the keys to fellowshipping with God in the depths of Christ are brokeness, humility and honesty and not an intellectual acquiesence to God's absolute sovereignty in Calvinism or Man's meritorius freewillism in Arminianism or any other kind of biblio-philosophical framework. God can operate in both. God can even operate in the ritualistic system Roman Catholicism if he so chooses; He does whatsoever pleases Him to accomplish His divine decrees.

If a man or woman is led by the Holy Spirit, they will not fight to prove their theological "correctness" at the expense of quenching the Spirit in their own walks. The letter of John Calvin, the letter of Jakob Arminius...yes, even the very letter of God - brings certain death. It is the Spirit behind the Word that brings life, authorization, vivification, and the Spirit will never vivify a word from man or a scripture from the Word of God if the motive within is to simply win a discussion or promote a pet system.

Many are deceived into thinking they have a special authority like the Apostle Paul to weed out error and publically confront the Peters and smite the Simeons with blindness. These people are full of pride and contention and usually have an axe to grind against one theological system or another as a response to some private issue they have. Strongholds. They can't just abide in Christ and rest and grow in grace and esteem others. I say, mark these people and avoid them. They will enter these forums and go on a crusade against one system or another, in order to "defend" the truth. They will use their key scriptures and Greek semantics like swords and daggers to thrust the topic through and bleed out any edification that may have been life-giving.

2010/10/19 21:01Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

Snuf,
I totally agree. Men can be wrong on doctrine, but love the Lord, and vice versa.

I wish we have one George Whitefield today that God can work through and save souls.

2010/10/19 21:09Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

rick, I was blessed by your post, but I only abide by the Bible. God never never never in the Bible calls faith a merit, or something to boast about. That is the invention of man .

Romans 3:27-28

27Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

2010/10/19 21:15Profile
rick2018

Re:

@ untobabes,

I understand and agree with you. I do believe that biblically faith itself is a gift from God. As Paul said he can only boast in Christ alone. Everything good a person has is from the Lord and if a person has faith in Christ, yeah even the ability to have faith in the Lord it is a gift from God.

2010/10/19 21:49Profile

Re:

Quote:
The heavens, the mountains, the seas, the clouds, animals, birds, plants, sun and moon, and great seraphim's all obey Him. It's a no brainer. It can only be because of sin and our enslavement to it that we don't choose God.

Very true.

I remember reading a story about a woman who headed up a homosexual magazine. She opposed all that God is. One day while in one of those parades, God spoke to her and told her that she was going to hell if she didn't give her life to the Lord. She did and renounced the magazine, renounced her lifestyle etc.. etc.. I mean, this woman hated God. And yet God came to her and saved her.

I can see where your coming from.

2010/10/19 21:59

Re:

Quote:
I wish we have one George Whitefield today that God can work through and save souls.

Perhaps he is working on "unto babes" to be just that. :-)

2010/10/19 22:02

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy