SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The terrible doctrine of the Remnant. Who are they, and are you part of the Remnant?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

First of all, who is the remnant? I only see Isreal as the only remnant that God has chosen. Where is there a remnant of the Body of Christ, His Church? I don't see any. The only remnant I see in the Church are the Jews who God has elected for Himself and there is no longer any Jew or Gentile in the body of Christ. God has always chosen a remnant of Israel for Himself and also sets them aside for a time and He always retrieves them back into His own people.

The remnant from all I see is only for Israel and not the Body of Christ. "Wherever there are two or three Gathered together in my Name, Jesus, there I am among them." How can it be any other way if Christ is in the Believer, Christ in you and Christ in me, coming together, There He is.

Christ in you the Hope of Glory, no remnant, only those that are still being given to the Son by the Father of the Jews that are elect.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/9/23 21:55Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, you can have and should have small groups inside of a big church...this works very well...tosay that God is not interested in numbers is a lie from the pit for we were all given the GREAT COMMISSION as our real duty.if your not involved in soulwinning you not doing what you are to do.how many where added to the church at the preaching of peter on pentacost.why did God mention the number...are your little bless us clubs seeing people in your neighborhoods getting saved,or people in china or cuba or iran...angel are rejoicing over each one that gets saved.this sanctimoneous criticism of the church is awful for we ARE the church...and should be busy in the world showing the mercies of Jesus by lovingly giving of ourselves for the saving and feeding and healing of others.jimp

2010/9/23 21:56Profile

Re:

Hi Phillip....did you read the original post? Its just that it answers your question........brother Frank

2010/9/24 0:13
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Even if the remnant is the Body of Christ, then God's plan is right on track. Hebrews 12:1-6 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds. Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin. And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

Is God's plan working, or does He need me to help Him. I am willing but The Plan of God will go on in Christ Jesus until it is finished not making myself the Author or the Finisher of my Faith.

Don't wrest with the remnant but; Philippians 1:3-7 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

This is where we all should be, lifting each other up in the Grace of Jesus Christ that is our life, praising God always that His Plan is Perfect.

This is the first scripture I memorized when Christ was birthed in me, I don't think of it enough and need to keep my mind of Him that is above; Proverbs 3:5-11 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones. Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase: So shall thy barns be filled with plenty, and thy presses shall burst out with new wine. My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:

Like Paul preach Christ and Him crucified and the In Christ position of the believer which Paul mentions over 200 times.

I did nothing for it, I don't deserve it, how can I be chosen in Christ? "Oh wretched man that I am"

Ephesians 1:3-9 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in Himself:

Praise God.

2010/9/24 2:45Profile

Re:

Philip, this is about the established church, not the remnant or the Body of Christ, I believe that you may be mixing the two together, please correct me if I am wrong. Christendom itself has nothing to do with the Body of Christ. You write.........

"This is where we all should be, lifting each other up in the Grace of Jesus Christ that is our life, praising God always that His Plan is Perfect."

Philip, what would you have done 500 years ago? Would you have argued against the Reformation? Do you know that these same arguments were used against Luther? Would you have stayed within the Catholic church? .........brother Frank

2010/9/24 9:07
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Frank, I am not in the Catholic Church, never was or never would be.

What is the "established church"? What do you believe the Body of Christ to be? If you are speaking of Christ born again in the believer, as the Reformation, that is what Paul preached his whole ministry. Just what do you consider the Reformation to be exactly? How does the remnant play out in, "Ephesians 4:11-13 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Is this the remnant?

2010/9/24 12:35Profile

Re:

Hi Philip, I know that your not in the Catholic church. Yet, in all likelyhood, if you were around 500 years ago, you would have been. There was a choice to be made. Now, what replaced the Catholic church? The Reformation churches. I would argue that they modeled their church system on the Catholic model. I also believe that there has been a Remnant church, a witness, down through the ages and it has been known by many different names. The one thing that they all had in common was that they were persecuted by the established church, by Christendom.

Can I ask you Philip, did you actually read the original post? ............brother Frank

PS I would suggest that you read "The Pilgrim Church." Greg used to have a link for it.

2010/9/24 13:53
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Frank, you wrote; "Yet, in all likelyhood, if you were around 500 years ago, you would have been. There was a choice to be made."

I guess that would depend on How much revelation the Holy Spirit gave me of the Christ birthed in me.

Colossians 1:19-29 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven. And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister; Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church: Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God; Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

What is the fulfillment of the Word of God? What is Paul's ministry. Where is Christ on this earth? What is the mystery?

To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

If the Holy Spirit had revealed this truth in me 500 years ago I would still be right where I am now, Perfect in Christ, In Christ only, not my working but "according to His working, which worketh in me mightily." God is still in the work of giving those to Christ who are His. The remnant is still Isreal and they will have all the covenants and promises in their own land and Christ will rule and reign with God's sons in the Holy Jerusalem come down out of Heaven, then all the remnant will be saved by the Christ on the Throne of David. And God will!!! Jeremiah 31:33-34 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

These are the remnant; Jeremiah 31:7-10 For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save thy people, the remnant of Israel. Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the coasts of the earth, and with them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and her that travaileth with child together: a great company shall return thither. They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn. Hear the word of the LORD, O ye nations, and declare it in the isles afar off, and say, He that scattered Israel will gather him, and keep him, as a shepherd doth his flock.

2010/9/24 22:57Profile

Re:

Hi Philip,

The original post, which I am assuming you did not read( please correct me if I am wrong) discusses the " terrible doctine of the remnant." If you do not agree with this doctrine, then I can accept that. God bless you Phillip.........brother Frank

2010/9/24 23:32
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Hi Frank,

I did read the whole thing. It is a dead doctrine when it comes to the Body of Christ. No life in remnant doctrine unless it is God who has set aside for Himself a people, Not sons but the children of Isreal, Gods own people, from where our God and Savior came through.

2010/9/25 1:57Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy