SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Glenn Beck as our Cyrus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
ManofGod0000

Re:

Glenn Beck just like the religious right and the leberated left are all lost, there may be some of these men who are sincere in their hearts, but as a whole these men are lost an far from the friendship and peaceful shores that God provides.

They still fight and bicker like arch rivals, they complain and fight for the liberation or the freedom of America. Glenn Beck sounds like a type of Paul Revere to me.

But I would be remissed to even compare him to Paul Revere.
He is rebellious, man looks at the outward, but God searches the heart.

We know our brothers and sisters by the fruit they bear, and the unfeigned love that is expressed through one another.

For example the apostle PAul dealt graciously with King Agrippa, in love, but with the utmost of truth, Pauls' anointing was indeed from Christ, and his dealings with the likes of men, his wisdom, his life was led of theholy spirit.

Glenn beck speaks viciously about men of rule and office, not in the spirit of prayer, patience, not in love, but vehemently.

Let us just lift the man up b4 the Lord so he can understand the measure of these days and of his own for that matter.

2010/8/31 23:03Profile
savannah

Re: "...proclaimed my words to my people..."

"i have seen visions of this beautiful land on fire from the east coast to the west."

"I've not seen such myself, but once I did have a vision where I saw the sky painted red and a great multitude trembling in fear concerning the things that were coming upon the world. In the vision God told me to not fear the things that the people fear, for though they shake in fear, He is able to make us stand, for He is with us."

One poster accentuated that what one believes is tantamount to how one interprets not only Scripture but events.

The two quotes above are just the tip of the iceberg regarding the underlying deception of what is being brought to the surface in this thread.

STOP the foolish speculation
STOP poisoning the minds of all who read your twisted surmising

START proclaiming HIS WORD
START repenting of your mindless confusion

Hear ye the WORD of the LORD through HIS prophet Jeremiah:

Jer. 23:16-32 Thus says the LORD of hosts: "Do not listen to the words of the prophets who prophesy to you, filling you with vain hopes. They speak visions of their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

They say continually to those who despise the word of the LORD, 'It shall be well with you'; and to everyone who stubbornly follows his own heart, they say, 'No disaster shall come upon you.'"

For who among them has stood in the council of the LORD to see and to hear his word, or who has paid attention to his word and listened?

Behold, the storm of the LORD! Wrath has gone forth, a whirling tempest; it will burst upon the head of the wicked.

The anger of the LORD will not turn back until he has executed and accomplished the intents of his heart. In the latter days you will understand it clearly.

"I did not send the prophets, yet they ran; I did not speak to them, yet they prophesied.

But if they had stood in my council, then they would have proclaimed my words to my people, and they would have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their deeds.

"Am I a God at hand, declares the LORD, and not a God far away?

Can a man hide himself in secret places so that I cannot see him? declares the LORD. Do I not fill heaven and earth? declares the LORD.

I have heard what the prophets have said who prophesy lies in my name, saying, 'I have dreamed, I have dreamed!'

How long shall there be lies in the heart of the prophets who prophesy lies, and who prophesy the deceit of their own heart, who think to make my people forget my name by their dreams that they tell one another, even as their fathers forgot my name for Baal?

Let the prophet who has a dream tell the dream, but let him who has my word speak my word faithfully. What has straw in common with wheat? declares the LORD.

Is not my word like fire, declares the LORD, and like a hammer that breaks the rock in pieces?

Therefore, behold, I am against the prophets, declares the LORD, who steal my words from one another.

Behold, I am against the prophets, declares the LORD, who use their tongues and declare, 'declares the LORD.'

Behold, I am against those who prophesy lying dreams, declares the LORD, and who tell them and lead my people astray by their lies and their recklessness, when I did not send them or charge them. So they do not profit this people at all, declares the LORD.

The false eshatological views of those who are engaged in this foolery, are as well flowing through this mesmerizing messy muddled maze.

Luke 16:16 The Law and the Prophets were until John; from then the kingdom of God is being preached, and everyone is pressing into it.

Heb. 2:8 "You subjected all things under his feet. For in order to subject all things under him, He left nothing not subjected to him. But now we do not yet see all things being subject to him;"

...but remember, "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." (Heb. 11:1)

...and that, "for through faith we walk, not through sight" (2 Cor. 5:7)

2010/8/31 23:18Profile

"savannah"

the one line, i wrote of what i've seen is all i could bear to write and i pray it is wrong.

and you can term my words, what i have to say, and even me
as

foolish,poison, mindless,

you can hurl the Words of the Prophet Jeremiah at my one line, a prophet i love in God, you can hurl these words at me like bricks, hateful bricks.

you can call me false, messy and muddled to your hearts content,

but hear me and hear me well, i will love you in the Love of Messiah. That is the Word, and i WILL PREACH IT.

here's my other cheek, go for it.

2010/9/1 0:26
hoohoou

Texas

Re: to Jimmy, my brother (2)

Brother Neil, there are times you write stuff that really makes me wish I could poke you in the eye. But then you say something that so reasonates in my spirit that I want to hug you.

Quote:
i am a patriot, but way way before that, i am a worm of Christ, and God give me strength and calling, but i will speak the Word, and i have NO interest to tickle ears, or to wrap Jesus in ANY FLAG.

Amen and amen. I have my opinions on politics, strong opinions at times and I love my country. But Jesus isn't an American and He sure isn't a republican or democrat.

Jimmy, I haven't been commenting lately, but I've been reading the forums none the less. I agree with your thesis. God can use donkeys, rulers, anyone. You are not saying to jump on some ecumenical bandwagon and sing songs on a hay ride. What I hear you saying is that because of a lack in the Church God has used a donkey to slap our knuckles. I do believe there are some people on here these days who would rather split hairs than deal with the real issue being discussed.

The church has wrapped itself up in a straight jacket and is twisting and turning knocking over everything in its way and accomplishing nothing. We have politicized Christ and cheer as we send our young people off to war to die in an earthly conflict while the world goes to hell and we counsel other young people to be "real sure" God has called them to missions. God has to appear bodily to convince us to serve Him but a recruiter with alcohol on his breath is all it takes to drag our sons and daughters off to war. Now I fought in Operation Iraqi Freedom and have the ribbons and awards to prove it before anyone says anything.

We need to wake up and start serving God and not our own interests. The straight jacket is our own rebellion and not the fault of any earthly authority. Did we forget that we wrestle not against flesh and blood? If it takes a mormon to stir us from our slumber than it simply reflects poorly on us. God (yes, the God of heaven) is still God and truth is still truth. I hope some of this made sense. We need to stop messing around and get down to the core issue and that is loving the Lord our God with all of our heart mind soul and strength. If we do that everything else will become so much clearer and we won't need God to use alternate means to wake us. We need to stop making marches and start making disciples.

2010/9/1 12:40Profile
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

I have missed reading your posts hoohoou.

2010/9/1 12:49Profile
hoohoou

Texas

Re:

As I yours Areadymind. God's just been leading me along different paths as of late. I've been keeping up some but haven't felt free to post.

2010/9/1 13:00Profile

hoohoou

"Brother Neil, there are times you write stuff that really makes me wish I could poke you in the eye."

you ain't alone, that's why this democrat believes that gun control, is hitting your target, nuff said.

you then wrote: (i'm smiling at you btw)

"But then you say something that so reasonates in my spirit that I want to hug you. "

well then, which is it, do i get a hug, or do you get hurt?

(i;m laughing...cmon saints, we gotta have SOME fun, i'm all for wearing a hairshirt, but this journey gets so rough, sometimes we better, especially when an anonymous cyber poster testifies they have an urge to blind you....OR maybe hug you. what a world, no wonder Hebrew's is about God's Rest and the New Jerusalem.)

2010/9/1 15:05
hoohoou

Texas

Re: hoohoou

"well then, which is it, do i get a hug, or do you get hurt?" Very nice. Just know that I'd never want to blind you, but just make your eye water a little:) You know I'm joking with the eye poking, but hopefully everyone else does too. Thought provoking comments often cause emotional responses, that was my point.

Ok, back to my hairshirt.

2010/9/1 15:15Profile

hoohoou 2

"Thought provoking comments often cause emotional responses, that was my point".

I KNOW, thats why they made barbed wire, sandbags and 'no trepassing' signs.

(smiling) neil

2010/9/1 15:41
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

You are not saying to jump on some ecumenical bandwagon and sing songs on a hay ride. What I hear you saying is that because of a lack in the Church God has used a donkey to slap our knuckles. I do believe there are some people on here these days who would rather split hairs than deal with the real issue being discussed.

Well said. Exactly my thought.

2010/9/1 17:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy